Examples of fighters that got jujitsu black belts from McDonalds happy meals

He competed in grappling tournament you retard, there is a video of it hahahahahha
You realized you called me a retard, but failed to discredit my statement. I never said: Conor never competed in grappling tournaments, so he is a middle ranked blue belt. I said there is no video of him rolling. As in with other top level guys, working on transitions submissions, the works. It's odd to me, that you never see him in the guard position, why is that? I think you need to check yourself on the name calling, until you no the difference between rolling, and a non EBI rules bjj tournament, where the goal is not submission. Also, you might want to watch the tournament video, because he looked like a middle ranked blue belt.

Never claimed either thing.

I'm just saying that the guy showed zero skill off of his back against an undersized wrestler. He also got choked out by Diaz, and also got choked out by a lower ranking BJJ belt holder in Duffy, in only 38 seconds, in a fight that starts on the feet. Going by my math, he was only on the ground for about 10 seconds, and got arm-triangle'd which are not that easy to pull off at that speed. He essentially Sage quick-tapped. He also got kneebar'd by a Flyweight :)

Just saying, I'm not rating his "brown belt" what so ever.
no, you're not rating it, you're just heavily implying that it isn't legit. when you ask what kind of a brown belt gets tapped out in 38 seconds, you're mocking his brown belt. don't try to back paddle now, you posted several times in this thread and all of your contributions reek of ignorance.

getting choked by diaz does not mean you aren't a brown belt. getting tapped by duffy when you were a purple belt does not mean that you can't be a brown belt now.

the fact that you would sit in your chair, having never trained a single second of your life, and mock pro fighters and their ranks in BJJ is fucking hysterical. go to a gym, buy a gi, give bjj a try. it's great fun, you'll get in shape, you'll learn how to defend yourself, and you'll likely meet really cool people. there is absolutely nothing holding you back, bjj is not like boxing where you'll get your face all bashed up, you don't have to be a tough guy and it caters to all types of people. and to top it all, you'll get some perspective on how much of an absolute fucking twat you sound like in threads like this one.

You don't have to be impressed. I'm not even saying that he is that good of a grappler. Its just a purple belt match at the end of the day. You can see my point though right? If he was a purple belt then, its a fair presumption he is a brown belt now.
The guy with the Bibiano av explained it a lot better than I can be bothered to
Sure, he could be better, no denying that.

Would like to see his actual skill against some proper opponents in the BJJ realm though, or some examples of BJJ in his actual MMA career - best example to date is some top control over Holloway.

In the words of Shannon Sharpe, update your resume.

Rashad Evans, Junior Cigano, Conor Mcgregor (brown belt).

I'm always astounded as to the lengths haters go to bring Conor(or Ronda) into absolute every single topic they possibly can, even when it isn't related. Then I(a neutral) have to listen to them whine about his fanboys always talking about him...

im surprised Jeff pulled guard

not surprised how boring/little action his match had
I wonder if his knees were pretty shot at this point, but I was surprised there too. Otherwise not surprised either.

Anyone making any sort of comment here should be prefacing the comment with what their rank in BJJ so we know why they are qualified to pass judgment in such a disrespectful way.

Some of you are *shockingly* ignorant and still see no problem promoting yourself as some sort of expert.

got choked out by a lower ranking BJJ belt holder in Duffy, in only 38 seconds

Joe Duffy had black belt in traditional jujitsu when he fought McGregor, and five first-round wins by submisson in seven fights. McGregor was a white belt in BJJ at the time.

If you're going to argue so enthusiastically about something you should really get your facts straight first.

no, you're not rating it, you're just heavily implying that it isn't legit. when you ask what kind of a brown belt gets tapped out in 38 seconds, you're mocking his brown belt. don't try to back paddle now, you posted several times in this thread and all of your contributions reek of ignorance.

getting choked by diaz does not mean you aren't a brown belt. getting tapped by duffy when you were a purple belt does not mean that you can't be a brown belt now.

the fact that you would sit in your chair, having never trained a single second of your life, and mock pro fighters and their ranks in BJJ is fucking hysterical. go to a gym, buy a gi, give bjj a try. it's great fun, you'll get in shape, you'll learn how to defend yourself, and you'll likely meet really cool people. there is absolutely nothing holding you back, bjj is not like boxing where you'll get your face all bashed up, you don't have to be a tough guy and it caters to all types of people. and to top it all, you'll get some perspective on how much of an absolute fucking twat you sound like in threads like this one.
Everything you said is inspirational, as well as fair for the most part.

Allow me to retort:

I didn't back peddle, I'm 100% doubting the legitimacy of his brown belt. That is because I'm going off of the field here, I'm comparing his performances and resume to fellow Brown Belts. I don't have this ridiculous depiction of what the belts are, and I myself always have supported the notion that Jones for example is beltless and is subbing black belts - I will also say that the black belts he has submitted are also getting shit on in here (Belfort and Machida), because they have shown to be fairly weak off of their back.

My simple question to you, in a round about way, was do you think the description of 3 MMA losses, all by submission, one to a Flyweight, one to a purple belt in 10 seconds after they hit the floor and one to a black belt - as well as partnering that with zero world BJJ tournament appearances, and no competition wins overall, perhaps a few wins in a European comp - does that sound like a legit Brown Belt?

Because when I compare him to the Brown Belts I've watched, he's not in their class. Maybe that's just my lying eyes...

Joe Duffy had black belt in traditional jujitsu when he fought McGregor, and five first-round wins by submisson in seven fights. McGregor was a white belt in BJJ at the time.

If you're going to argue so enthusiastically about something you should really get your facts straight first.
Oh, so in 4 years with all of the quick succession bouts, and an ACL tear - he's gone from white to legit brown belt?

Again, this sounds crazy.

Is he BJ Penn now or something?

I believe Vitor has terrible BJJ for a long time BB BJJ

You realized you called me a retard, but failed to discredit my statement. I never said: Conor never competed in grappling tournaments, so he is a middle ranked blue belt. I said there is no video of him rolling. As in with other top level guys, working on transitions submissions, the works. It's odd to me, that you never see him in the guard position, why is that? I think you need to check yourself on the name calling, until you no the difference between rolling, and a non EBI rules bjj tournament, where the goal is not submission. Also, you might want to watch the tournament video, because he looked like a middle ranked blue belt.

Seems odd to me that you want to see him roll but not necessarily competing in bjj match lol

You calmed there is no footage of Conor practicing bjj so I provided you with an information that there is in fact a video of him actually competing in BJJ tournament. In both circumstance you can see a person's pure skill and the latter would be more realistic as the person put his 100% in it.

Oh, so in 4 years with all of the quick succession bouts, and an ACL tear - he's gone from white to legit brown belt?

It's not about length of time in years as much as it is mat time.

BJ Penn was training multiple times a day in PRIVATES.

Pro fighters can very easily double up a hobbyists mat time on a per-day basis (I say this as a somewhat serious hobbyist myself).

I have no grounds to questions his belt being "legit" or not and neither do you. His coach is well respected in the BJJ world so I'd be very surprised if he was giving out undeserved belts. Why hasn't he been given his black belt yet then, surely by your logic he already would have it?

Seems like a giant conspiracy theory and you're the only one who actually believes it.

Some of you guys shouldn't even be talking about BJJ, let alone summing up a fighter's game with a 2min flash of their ground game in MMA.

I shit on you. And your family.
p1tYJiF.gif

Frankie Edgar and rashad have black belts I barely see the offensive jiu jitsu but their defensive jiu jutsu you have to take in consideration when have you ever seen them submitted?

Back