Examples of Extremely Bad Fight IQ

Arguably it's more bad execution than IQ.

I think there is a lot of that in this thread. Sometimes a fighter has a good idea and does a bad job.

There are also examples of fighters playing to their own strengths that ends up playing into their opponents strengths as well. Like Nog taking down Mir an d hunting for a sub when he had him hurt; that's what Nog does best.

fedor2_medium.gif

Hate to be that guy, but no one else has mentioned it yet...terrible fight IQ & fundamentals from Ben Askren against Jake Paul.

tenor.gif

Johnny Walker vs Ryan Spann. From memory Spann was tooling him on the feet and rocked him twice in about a minute, then shot a takedown and stayed in a position where johnny could continuously elbow his head until he went out and didn't move at all.

Dc73js.gif

Srsly tho i love Fury and he's got a top notch fight IQ but nevertheless

Hee hee...GIFs of Matt Riddle blocking punches with his face are always amusing.

Jarl

I love him but Tuivasa trying to punch when mounted by JDS, he was fucked anyway but I don't think that was the best idea.

Off the top of my head, Gastelum going for takedown against Adesanya in 4th round after wobbling him with a head kick made me scream at the tv.

One thing that constantly kills me, is when one guy is mounting a comeback and the opponent is clearly gassed or rocked, and the aggressor will drive the opponent up against the cage.
The hurt/tired fighter can then hang on against the cage, avoid damage, and ride out the storm.

As if Silva Weidman 1 isn’t the worst fight iq.

anderson ‘lol look at me guys, I’m so funny clowning around!’

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Edson taking about 5 seconds before coming to the conclusion that getting into clinching range was the best way to capitalize on the chicken dancer.

In Edson's defense here he was dead tired and hurt.

Tuivasa against Spivak.

Tai kept throwing empty legkicks which Spivak would catch and take him down with. I think even his corner told him to either stop throwing them or set them up with his hands but Tai didn't change. And as if thats not enough he got caught in an arm-triangle and instead of using the fence to his advantage, he circled in exactly the wrong position. Dude just did everything wrong in that fight and got submitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back