Examples of Extremely Bad Fight IQ

Weidman had the momentum in round 3 and was winning the round before the wheel kick attempt. I had Weidman round 1 Rockhold round 2 and Rockhold was gassing in round 3 and Weidman got cocky and Rockhold made him pay for it.
Kudos to Rockhold for winning the title with a staph infection while on antibiotics (which is why he was so gassed). Think he got injured in that camp aswell. I remember Jav saying this was one of the worst camps and they thought about pulling the plug but Rockhold refused. Say what you want but the guy was going in against a champ with multiple title defenses who was undefeated at the time.

Sleepe charging straight towards Ngannou with his hands down.

Kristian "Weather Underground" Rothaermel looked pretty bad against Rob MacDonald, lol.

Round 1 of Derrick Lewis vs Oleinik, I was screaming at my TV the whole time

Joanna destroying Rose in the clinch in their rematch fight until she realizes she wasn't supposed to do that and panic/exits, something she have never done before, as her corner screams at her to stop. Corner then reminds her to avoid that. Cut to Rose's corner reminding her also not to do that.

You will never ever be able to convince me that wasn't sus as fuck.
At best Fight IQ 0 Corner IQ 0

Last edited:
Robs entire game plan against Izzy :(:(

Most expensive lack of fight IQ probably is Overeems guilotine attempt against an almost done Stipe. As a HW champion Overeem would have made millions each fight instead of the 800k he made.

Roy Nelson vs James mcsweeney

James was using alot of footwork and landing on roy at will, plus stuffed 2 takedown. Then got too cocky, stuck his chin out and got cracked then taken down.

A fight where he could have won if he kept doing what he was doing. But got too confident and paid for it

On the takedown Weidman hits his head, Rockhold is the one who did the takedown so I don't know what you are talking about when you say Weidman hurt himself you clearly haven't watched the fight recently if you think Weidman took Rockhold down after the wheel kick.

If you want another example of someone that isn't gassing then getting rocked and all of a sudden looking gassed Hendo vs Shogun 1 is a great example only Shogun has a better chin and recovery than Weidman so he eventually recovered and Weidman didn't. Jones vs Shogun is another example of how someone who is rocked can look gassed, Jones started the fight with a flying knee and Shogun looked gassed he obviously wasn't as that happened in less than a minute. Another example is Lombard vs Magny after round 2 where Lombard took a similar beating and got finished in the next round cause he never recovered.

No one is going to look fresh in the 4th round after taking the amount of big shots Weidman took after the wheel kick in the 3rd round. Besides that isn't even what I said, I said that Rockhold was gassing in round 3 before the wheel kick and Weidman was picking up the pace which he was, everything changed after the wheel kick.

Here is a gif of the takedown where Weidman spins one way then Rockhold spins him the other way and he lands on his face.
weidman-spin.gif

I am saying "hurt himself" by not being able to brace, hold himself up enough off the mat after a terrible kick rather than make it seem like Luke hurt him big on the td. I don't think he got hurt so bad he was rocked or really bad at that moment regardless of how its phrased is my point. I don't think Luke was gassing so big and Weidman was gaining this huge momentum and it all changed because he hit his head on the mat. He had a good few moments in the third. That's all it was. They interviewed him after and he just said the wheelkick wasn't smart. Has he said anything after that saying that he got rocked by hitting his face into the mat?

You are a serious student of the game, I don't know most of those names.

The ones that popped into my head were Anderson clowning around while standup fighting Weidman. And also Chael throwing that weird spinning backfist against Anderson. But I don't know if those are fight IQ failings or just the chaos of being in a fist fight.
You don't think chael diving into a triangle after dominating 23 minutes of a fight worse than the spinning back fist snafu?

Werdum vs Reem 3

Werdum had Reem hurt against the cage, was losing on cards, close to finishing and shoots, Reem rests and wins a decision.

Probably already posted a few times, but doesn't hurt to post again!

9f5898d45620c54e998d1c93cffc8bf9.gif

Ryan bader bum rushing lyoto machida and getting koed.
Ryan bader also shooting on anthony johnson from a football field away then SOMEHOW not getting the takedown and then mauled immediately after

Most expensive lack of fight IQ probably is Overeems guilotine attempt against an almost done Stipe. As a HW champion Overeem would have made millions each fight instead of the 800k he made.

To be fair, the Reem used to have a very nasty guillotine. He hasn't submitted anyone since 2009, though.

Back