Examples of Extremely Bad Fight IQ

Herp Derp.....I'll try to shoot in and takedown the person who's been tossing me all over mat for multiple fights.

168-7.gif

TvZhLw9.gif

damn I miss Ronda’s Judo. Before she became a boxer.

The amount of shit that move got has always surprised me a little bit.
Do people generally think Weidman should never ever ever throw a spin kick?

I feel like this is a "hindsight is 20-20 case".
If the spin kick had flown by no one would've batted an eye or mentioned is as particularly bad fight IQ.
But just cause it failed spectacularly it was called out as bad IQ.

Arguably it's more bad execution than IQ.

This reminds me of Werdum VS Stipe. People pretended like Werdum "rushing in head first" was some uniquely insane move that was guaranteed to get you KO'd.
But Werdum had done the same shit in 2-3 fights prior (even earlier in the Stipe fight) and no one complained about it until the move failed.

I'm not saying Weidman should do spin kicks - but arguably you'd think he'd have enough wrestling skills to not have to be super cautious about the TD risk. And sometimes fighters just throw stuff they aren't known for to keep the opponent guessing.

rockhold wasn’t in position to receive a spin kick. From the looks of the kick, it’s also not a move he’s good at. Throwing a random kick you barely practice when your opponent isn’t even there to be hit is bad fight IQ.

Dan Cramer is a name I haven’t heard in forever.. I’ll never forget him beating that Jeff Nader dude down really badly for two rounds only to get tko’d lol

Back