Everybody will downplay Izzy’s KO win over Jan in the future for being a weak champ in a weak era

No he won't. Israel is the favorite for a reason. He's way more skilled, faster, taller, and longer. If Jan can pull off a win, even I (a massive Adesanya fan) will give him credit.
Sherdog discredits everyone

???? Please shut up for the rest of the s

But Bisping was also fortunate to be chosen as a replacement while Jan is actually the #1 guy since Jon has left and he's proving it with a win streak of KOs.

Mike didn't earn his shot.
mike koed the lineal champ , jan didn't . simple ...

Jan by tko. No excuses from me if it goes the other way. As long as there is no controversy. Part of being a man is admitting you’re wrong sometimes. It’s a fight, ffs. And shit happens in mma. I take the information I’ve amassed, and I make my pick.

Last edited:
Happened to every dominant fighter will happen to Izzy as well. I always chuckled at Paulo Costa had power narrative that was going on here and how a fat WW gave him his toughest fight and shit. Jan is a difficult fight for Izzy IMO,he looks like a freakin HW and if Izzy wins people should be impressed.

What happened with stringing together good ole double digit title defenses?

That used to be the standard for GOAT. Then Jones surpassed GSP in title defenses and then the Jones haters changed the goal post. They claimed that since GSP went up and beat Bisping, while Jones never captured a belt in a higher weight class, he was the GOAT not Jones.

No he won't. Israel is the favorite for a reason. He's way more skilled, faster, taller, and longer. If Jan can pull off a win, even I (a massive Adesanya fan) will give him credit.

More than likely. Adesanya fans will call it a fluke. Because it will be a one hitter, or a big shot that will lead to the GNP TKO.

War Jan!

If you discredited GSPs win over Bisping then this is the same situation. Jan is an upset champ just like Michael was. Jan has only been the favorite in 2 fights in the UFC. Hes not a dominant fighter and i think many view many LHWs as better than him even if hes holding the title (Nemkov, Jiri, Ankalaev, Santos etc) much like how many saw many MWs (Whittaker, Yoel, Saucy etc) as better than Bisping

More than likely. Adesanya fans will call it a fluke. Because it will be a one hitter, or a big shot that will lead to the GNP TKO.

War Jan!

Jan is too slow and basic to touch Adesanya. If Jan pulls off a win, it'll be due to some kind of grappling.

Jan shoulda just been stripped immediately when he saaid he won’t fight till march. People are defending Jan taking a break before his defense on the grounds that his wife is having a baby and covid...

WAIT A SEC HOLD THE FUXK UP HERE! THis Can ONLY MEAN THEY GOT PREGNANT DURING THE PEAK OF THE PANDEMIC! Why should anybody be rewarded with a vacation for getting pregnant during the pandemic?

Anybody who is stupid, selfish, and irresponsible enough to get pregnant during the peak of the pandemic should face severe consequences... such as being stripped of a UFC belt. They certainly should not be rewarded for this foul behavior yet Jan is being rewarded

giphy.gif

I don't see Izzy winning this one. Jan's strength advantage is massive, and unlike Costa he has the fight IQ to use it.

Jan by submission.

nah, Jan beat the guy that beat Jones and did it easily. But Jan by whatever he wants so keep dreaming
Jones has been getting "beaten" winning controversial decisions for a while now. Jan's records is shit, and he was KO'd last year in the first round as I said in the OP... in a very horrible way too.
I don't see Izzy winning this one. Jan's strength advantage is massive, and unlike Costa he has the fight IQ to use it.

Jan by submission.
Costa’s fight IQ is better than Jans
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/thiago-santos-koed-jan.4045029/

He was KOed by making a stupid mistake of charging in recklessly and needlessly.

But he certainly wasn't getting outclassed by Santos or anything.

Jan is a true champion and a big challenge for Adesanya. Fuck whoever tries to spin it later.
Agreed. And Thiago has some fucking power too. You can’t play that shit with him.

Yeah he wont get the respect for it if he wins cause its not Jones, its not even DC. Jan is a tough guy and smoked Reyes but he's not a sexy name and he didnt beat Jones or fight Jones to get the belt.

DC didnt beat Jones either to win the belt but DC was a big name.

But if he does win it and become a double champ, like dude above mentioned yeah its been done so man times in UFC and Bellator its not special like it was when Hendo and then Conor did it but its still a great thing for a fighters career that you cant take away.

I dont know how Izzy will do, respect for going up to challenge yourself but he's gonna be undersized. We'll see how his chin holds up cause if Jan catches him he's going to sleep.

man who gives a fuck what the nutfleas austistically shriek?

mate beating Jan, is like Silva beating griffin, it is cool, but it aint legacy making stuff ... Jones is the LHW champion, now if izzy beat that, then yeah that's a real double champ.
Beautiful analogy.

It's interesting to see how the tide turns. What would most people say if Izzy and Dominick Reyes were to fight before Jan beat Reyes and Izzy beat Costa? Most would say Reyes easy
Dom aint shit. No idea what jon was doing in that fight.
He literally threw punches over Jan’s head.. with out Jan moving, then Jan dropped him. It was the most ridiculous thing ever... what was his excuse? “I though I was fighting jones again” “Jan cut hight between rounds”

Kinda - Jan needs to beat guys like izzy and defend his title to gain legitimacy. Otherwise he'll be known an interm-ish champ who lost his first defense to a mw.

I wouldn't totally count Jan out. But yeah, I won't be shocked if Izzy wins.

Yep, it's pretty obvious that's what will happen. Adesanya haters are already making threads about how winning a second belt doesn't put you in the goat conversation.
it doesn't though. same reason why nobody says mcgregor or dc is the goat. it's impressive and absolutely shows you're a cut above the goat, but doesn't mean shit if you cant defend the belt you jst won.

Back