• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Even with an emphatic W, this Stipe fight is already a blemish on Jon's legacy.

I didn’t say an angry word champ I think that coochie is sensitive and it’s not mine to massage. Good luck. When you get done here go put your energy into saving the victim that btw has said she is fine not pressing charges and btw doesn’t want you to save them. When you get done thrre fly off in your cape and save every other woman that didn’t ask you to save them and would tell you mind your business. Tell me how it works out. You’ll be dead quickly playing that game but enjoy
You’re mentally disturbed… “I can excuse domestic abuse but being a little fruitcake is where I draw the line”…it seems like such a difficult concept for you extrapolate that people can dislike someone for being a piece of shit to other people even if they don’t directly know the victims….Obviously, I ain’t a vigilante and I ain’t telling to be one but you seem a little fucked in the head if you think spousal abuse is more ok than just being a fruit cake especially in 2024.

<escalate99>

It was just a question, bud. No need to feel so attacked.

But to take your answer seriously, you think caring about a woman getting beat up is a captain save a hoe mentality, right? So caring about a guy getting sexually harrassed by Jon is then a captain save a male hoe mentality, or how does this work?
I think he’s just mad that jones didn’t feel him up instead…

You’re mentally disturbed… “I can excuse domestic abuse but being a little fruitcake is where I draw the line”…it seems like such a difficult concept for you extrapolate that people can dislike someone for being a piece of shit to other people even if they don’t directly know the victims….Obviously, I ain’t a vigilante and I ain’t telling to be one but you seem a little fucked in the head if you think spousal abuse is more ok than just being a fruit cake especially in 2024.
Well let me help you here bozo. Your repeated assessments of another man’s mentality or mental health on a karate forum is loser chatter and it doesn’t matter. Let me fix this delusion for you pussy. What have you done other than cry on sherdog about his personal life neither he nor his wife want you in and what did it get you? Did it make you feel… tough. Did it soothe the aching snatch lol? Well unlike you I am gonna be honest I don’t care about that man’s wife business and she doesn’t want me to and she doesn’t want you to. Now what the fuck are you going to do you hyper sensitive little dweeb

You seem so angry. Calm down. I understand that oochie gets tender and chafes. Take it down little tyke. You just aren’t equipped to critique others mental state while acting this way. Calm down Now let’s figure out how we can get you in touch with Jones so you can address these concerns to him. I don’t give a shit but hey. He might

I loved the ride so far, I just hope for a grandiose spectacle at the end of the career.
Idc, Jones getting KO'ed, him hitting a rolling thunder, crashing his car after the fight, coke, hookers or whatever the fuck its gonna be.
What a ride this guys career has been.

If he wins, so what - he beat a old Stipe that has not fought in yearsold man Stipe might just beat the fuck out of Jon his only fight in HW was like 30secs and had no resistance. it's not like i think Stipe is still a world beater, i'm more thinking that for all we know Jon could've fell off a cliff and that's why he keeps stalling.Go for it. There wasn't even a surefire #1 contender. Jon has barely any skills to win fights. He can win one sided beat downs against old smaller men, put him in there with a tall guy who he’s not allowed to eye poke and he looks absolute garbage. FN showed bravery but yet he bit off more than he can chew, Big PPV events aren't big because of the kind of fans that post about MMA on forums, or social media. They're big because sports center cared enough to talk about it and the casuals are talking around the water cooler.

I looked up Jones address and his fiances name for you champ. I need you since you are that feisty about what is going on in his household to march your little tough Tony crying ass over there and save Ma Moses and her children who btw don’t want to be saved from you and kinda ummm want you to stay out of their business. Don’t take it out on me pussy. Go to the source of your hurt. Just keep one thing in mind tyke. When a woman asks for privacy that isn’t a public figure your behavior is the most damaging thing at this point. Not me as I don’t care little buddy. . You do because aint no outrage like false outrage. Especially from a little inconsequential feisty twerp chirping. You are so adorable.Like a lil bird

I disagree. If he beats Tom he will have beat the best guy at HW who has proved he has the skills it take to be a MMA fighter of the highest caliber. Same with Pavlovich.

Gane showed vs Francis that he is not a MMA fighter. That his ground game was non existant. If Jon had kept it standing and knocked out Gane, that would be different, but he chose to take the easiest route and grapple the white belt grappler. The fight was a joke. It was Randy Couture vs James Toney.
Cmon Gane is better than most on the ground at HW. Aspinall doesn't have some legendary TDD or subs off his back like Mir. If Jones took him down and beat him with strikes or subbed him, he'd be written off.

Pavlovich is still a beast - he has lost twice in his career - and he lost to 2 top fighters in Reem(back in 2018) and to Aspinal, who is the interrim champ. Pavlovich would be a much better fight for Jon than Stipe is. However - Tom is still the nr.1 contender, so Tom over Pavlovich.
I agree, but also I'm talking about perception assuming Jones beats him. Him or Aspinall have never been the official champion and it's a guess whether they are going to be dominant or not in the future.

Cmon Gane is better than most on the ground at HW. Aspinall doesn't have some legendary TDD or subs off his back like Mir. If Jones took him down and beat him with strikes or subbed him, he'd be written off.
Bro, Gane is a whitebelt on the ground. Name one single HW that has worse groundgame/grappling than him.

I agree, but also I'm talking about perception assuming Jones beats him. Him or Aspinall have never been the official champion and it's a guess whether they are going to be dominant or not in the future.
I don't understand your logic at all. It is a guess about everyone if they will be dominant in the future. No one can see into the future. All you can look at is what have they done, and where are they at in their career - and both Tom And Pavlovich has great wins angainst good competition, both are in their Prime, both have only lost to great opponents.

Calm down TS, Jon only just got back to training within the month. He has the same opponent that was set up before & we all knew it was going to be an 8 month recovery. Everything is moving along just as predicted & expected.

The Stipe fight makes sense to anyone who doesn't underestimate Stipe. I always thought Stipe was the guy with the greatest chance to de-throne Jon. Sux it didn't happen years ago, but this is where we're at, & I'm very much looking forward to it.

Silliness.

Jones is aging. He's been fighting at the top for what, 13 years championship level now? This fake narrative about champions continuing dominance 35+ just rarely if ever exists. JJ is smart because speed leaves before power, so moving to HW made sense.

If Jones beats Stipe and retires it'll make sense for his career arc. If he fights Aspinall and loses after Stipe, that will also make sense. I doubt he'll do that, he'd rather keep the lack of L's above all else.

But for you all to actively root for him to do suboptimal matchups to feed your lust to finally see him lose? It's just silly. The Stipe fight sells, that's the bottom line.

i mean, i don't really know how good Jon is anymore. his only fight in HW was like 30secs and had no resistance. it's not like i think Stipe is still a world beater, i'm more thinking that for all we know Jon could've fell off a cliff and that's why he keeps stalling. i would've never thought someone like Dominick Reyes would've nearly beaten him either but there it was lol

MMA has so many factors i can't count anyone all the way out.

MMA is about matchups man. Jones has a great chin, great length, really creative striking through angles and footwork which makes up for his lack of technical striking prowess... and his ability to put it all together is 2nd to none. But give him someone with a chin who can defend grappling and has length...that's his kryptonite. It's okay to have a kryptonite, nobody is perfect.

But yeah, at this age, Jones could be 80% of what he was, or 70%...which would still make him a top 5 HW lol

People talking about legacy are being kinda silly. Two division champ, lhw goat. His legacy is good lmao, no singular fight can take away what he's accomplished.

So it comes down to the peds, like always.

Bro, Gane is a whitebelt on the ground. Name one single HW that has worse groundgame/grappling than him.
JDS, was able to stuff all TDs. If you look at his fights, he stuffed most TDs from people. Jones is just a high level grappler.
I don't understand your logic at all. It is a guess about everyone if they will be dominant in the future. No one can see into the future. All you can look at is what have they done, and where are they at in their career - and both Tom And Pavlovich has great wins angainst good competition, both are in their Prime, both have only lost to great opponents.
I'm saying whether it's Gane/Aspinall/Pavlovich, if Jones beats them then the perception of their skills is very low. I do want Jones against all of them, but at the same time I realize if he beats them, no one will rate them as a high quality win if he exploits their lack of takedown game. Even Spivac was able to stuff Aspinall. None of them in particular have much history of grappling at HW.

I have to admit that the incredibly clever gambit of "even if he wins, he loses" is an absolute hater's dream. i'm a lot less sure that it makes any sense whatsoever but I have to admit it's some impressive hating

I'm saying whether it's Gane/Aspinall/Pavlovich, if Jones beats them then the perception of their skills is very low.
If Jon beats Tom and Pavlovich he has beat 2 of the best HW's that are currently in UFC. Your whole line of argument is based on some scenario you have cooked up in your head which has no base in reality.

I have to admit that the incredibly clever gambit of "even if he wins, he loses" is an absolute hater's dream. i'm a lot less sure that it makes any sense whatsoever but I have to admit it's some impressive hating
Tell me you don't understand lose-lose scenarios without saying you don't understand lose-lose scenarios.

Tell me you don't understand lose-lose scenarios without saying you don't understand lose-lose scenarios.
all I'm saying it's very clever wordplay to say that in a fight that he will lose either way. despite the fact that a fight almost always has an actual winner and loser. but you can will this into existence, I know it. if we close our eyes and concentrate hard enough, wins from fighters we like actually become losses. I've seen it in scientific journals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back