Elio - 84 MPG - Only $7,450 - Coming 2019....hopefully

I wonder what the rules would be for this in the HOV lanes - motorcycle riders pass through them for free here in Houston, I wonder if it's the same for this? I'd save about 5 bucks per day NOT having to pay the tolls using this.

I have 56 miles to drive per day - I do roughly 30 MPG in my Mustang and and 34 MPG in my Mazda 6, I'd probably get all the 84 MPG out of this thing.

I wonder what the rules would be for this in the HOV lanes - motorcycle riders pass through them for free here in Houston, I wonder if it's the same for this? I'd save about 5 bucks per day NOT having to pay the tolls using this.

I have 56 miles to drive per day - I do roughly 30 MPG in my Mustang and and 34 MPG in my Mazda 6, I'd probably get all the 84 MPG out of this thing.

What year Mustang?

is it safer than a SMART tho?

if you want a taste of how youll look after a collision, do a google image search for "smart car crash" with safesearch off and see first result.

Great, looks like after I'm done driving I can use it to massage my clit.

It's a huge piece of shit and has a Geo Metro engine. Would not buy. Also it's considered a motorcycle so you have to wear a helmet.

It has its own all new engine. The metro engine was just for the mules. Its helmet exempt in 45 states so far.

is it safer than a SMART tho?

if you want a taste of how youll look after a collision, do a google image search for "smart car crash" with safesearch off and see first result.

Yes. The problem with the smart is how short the overall length is. The Elio is as long as many full sized cars leving plenty of room for crumple zones. Plus 5 star safety rating.

Man, I hope this works. Maybe it'll get some of the big manufacturers to get on the ball.

I'm in.

Lol only 49MPG city?

Those Volkswagen TDI and Prius already achieve those numbers. Looks like a bunch of shit to me.

I don't see the advantage over a motorbike or scooter, unless you live somewhere were its very cold or raining all the time.

Motorbike seats two people, and you can actually get to your destination faster, easier to park etc. Even if you buy an ugly ass scooter still cooler looking than that thing.

I don't see the advantage over a motorbike or scooter, unless you live somewhere were its very cold or raining all the time.

Motorbike seats two people, and you can actually get to your destination faster, easier to park etc. Even if you buy an ugly ass scooter still cooler looking than that thing.

Come on man...

This thing is far more versatile and safe than a motorbike.

It has heat/ac, traction control, abs brakes, it's enclosed and it is obviously more visible and safer in a wreck. Oh and it has a trunk too.

Back seat. And it will fit. (Also keep in mind the 5 star crash rating all around)

How can they know what the crash rating is if none have been produced to be tested? It looks like I could run over it with my pickup and not even notice.

How can they know what the crash rating is if none have been produced to be tested? It looks like I could run over it with my pickup and not even notice.

Lol true.

Come on man...

This thing is far more versatile and safe than a motorbike.

It has heat/ac, traction control, abs brakes, it's enclosed and it is obviously more visible and safer in a wreck. Oh and it has a trunk too.

sure its safer than a motorbike, but not as safe as a regular car. IF safety is your main concern when buying a car, I don't think its a valuable option at all.

I think there is a reason why those kind of cars never catch on, they sound good on paper, but no one really needs them. How much is small Asian car these days? Or a small Ford or one of the VW brands like Skoda, cant be that much more, but you get 4-5 seats a real trunk, and they cant take that much more petrol. And who knows how reliable that thing will be, I just cant see a big marked for it.

It sort of falls into a category that not many people need, otherwise I am sure the big car companies all would have similar models, its not that they cant design it, they just don't think its a good Idea on a mass marked scale, the company producing that thing might find a enough customers for them to survive.

Owning this in addition to another vehicle with the hopes of "saving money" is absolutely lol worthy.

Yeah how many years paying 2 cars off would you start to see savings only driving this little fucker in good weather and when you don't need to haul anything or take a passenger?

Back