1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Elio - 84 MPG - Only $7,450 - Coming 2019....hopefully

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Adamant, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Steely Blue Belt

I would still drive a Geo Metro over this, fuck it

[​IMG]

still a lightweight 3-banger commuter
    side by side seating with more hatchback cargo room
    cheaper with parts available
    manual
    4 wheels
    rad 90's styling
    40+mpg

2. Adamant GOLD BELT

You can add the option to make your Elio an internet hotspot. The person in the backseat has a power outlet to plug into and can be on their laptop for the duration of any drive with perfect internet access and plenty of power to keep the laptop charged.

Also, it has all this too:

3. HugeFanSmallBod Pump Up The Jam Pump It Up While Ya Feet R Stomp'N

Thats why. The video didnt show it driving through actual snowy conditions. It shows it driving on treated roads. I oftenly dont get that luxury commuting in the winter.

4. Adamant GOLD BELT

I wouldn't hold it against it if it couldn't, but it may still be able to make it through light snow (more than the video) similar to a Focus or Civic or something of that nature.

But that's why they were calling this the "and" vehicle. It's so cheap and the insurance is so cheap, you can keep it in addition to your other vehicle. Perhaps use it in the spring/summer/fall for everything that doesn't involve hauling anything or needing room for more than 1 extra person (2 people total).

It looks like a good grocery getter, as long as you're not buying more than a weeks worth of stuff. Though, if you did, you could stack it in the backseat and rear floorboard and have room (stack floor to ceiling).

5. BJJ NINJA Turtle Power

Yeah, I'm reading that people shouldn't need a motorcycle license for it. However, because it has 3 wheels I wonder if I could get the insurance people to class it as a motorcycle, insurance is soo much cheaper for a bike.

And as far as quality I meant more in terms of reliability and dependability. I currently have a smart car. I've had it for over 4 years and I love it. It's never done me wrong, and still runs great at over 70,000 miles on it.

I think I'd be down for getting it in addition to my smart car, but replacing it would worry me a bit.

This is an awesome car nonetheless, I'm all about small cars and motorcycles, and this fits right in that category.

I also like having a vehicle that you don't see everyday. When I got my first motorcycle I could've gotten a Honda or Suzuki, but I got a hyosung instead and it was awesome cause no one else had it.

My dream car for many years now has been a Carver One. But since they don't make them anymore and they were only in Europe, that was never gonna happen. This is a good alternative.

6. Thai Otoshi Gold Belt

I'm getting a green one. 0 fucks given about how ugly it is.

Edit: People still grocery shop?

Do you even Amazon Fresh, bro?

7. YoungBoyd World class chess player

Good thing they made it as ugly as possible.

8. fortheo Titanium Belt

I'd buy it, but then again I'm a cheap bastard and I don't give a fuck about what I'm seen driving.

I bookmarked this and will seriously consider one when I'm looking to buy a vehicle.

9. Adamant GOLD BELT

I was reading somewhere that we should be able to get motorcycle insurance on it. The federal government considers anything with less that 4 wheels a motorcycle, so unless they change that to make extra money (which those fucks probably will) we should be able to. I freaking hope so. That'd make this little car that much more awesome.

Well, it's a German made engine. Germans are known for making really high quality stuff. Even better, the same company that makes the Bugatti Veyron engine is making this engine, so you know it's going to be really good quality and reliable.

I also just watched a video where the CEO said that the engine makers left a special port on the engine open in case anyone wants to add a turbo down the road. I'd consider it as long as it didn't completely destroy the gas mileage.

When I get this car, I'm gonna buy a top-of-the-line radar detector and then any long distance driving I do, I'll probably go for like 85-90mph on the long open stretches. I could probably still get at least 500 miles out of a tank at that speed. As long as no cops catch me, would be awesome as shit. I could drive to LA or LV in no time at all doing that. :icon_surp

10. Adamant GOLD BELT

I love the green one. It's my second favorite color they offer. I honestly have to say though that at this point, the Orange one is for me. If I can't have a Viper TA, then goddammit, an Orange Elio will have to suffice. :icon_chee

11. Lethal_Striker Gold Belt

That only looks like there is enough room for 1 person up front and 1 in the back seat. Plus it has a non existant trunk. It's a nice concept but not very practical for everyday use.

12. Adamant GOLD BELT

Correct. 1 in front and 1 in back. However, 6'5" people have sat in both front and back and said there's plenty of room.

The trunk is roughly 25"x15"x10" but the back seat folds down to add more space. In that case, you can fit a full size carry-on suitcase. But if you leave the back seat upright, have no rear passanger, you can stack groceries up in the back seat and actually get a weeks worth, or more (if you pack it right).

This thing is meant to be an ultra cheap gas saver to get you to and from anywhere you want to go. But it's also so cheap that it allows you to own more than just one vehicle. So if you need to shop for an entire month of groceries, take another car.

But for most situations that down involve hauling to transporting (more than one person) it gets extremely high marks.

Also, a lot pf people 50+ years of age, all the way to mid-80s gave it positive remarks at an autoshow (after sitting in it and getting to look it over)

13. bandicoot Silver Belt

Sweet baby Jesus that is ugly.

14. JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

So it's got a Volkswagen engine. Not that that's a bad thing, but lets not try and oversell it.

15. SherdogGoat Platinum & Braco Belt Banned

I think they should give a free Fedora with this car

16. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Looks pretty solid for a single person's city living but once you add a family, it's a no go.

Unless you and the wife and kid never go anywhere together...on 2nd thought, I love it!

17. Hyperglide Tell Apathy

It's a huge piece of shit and has a Geo Metro engine. Would not buy. Also it's considered a motorcycle so you have to wear a helmet.

18. oldshadow Steel Belt

Interesting I might would buy one for around town and day trips.

19. Smw Purple Belt

Owning this in addition to another vehicle with the hopes of "saving money" is absolutely lol worthy.

20. fortheo Titanium Belt

It is if your single. If you have a family, then get a minivan.