Elderly Gentlemen With Military Hats, Pins, Etc.

They thought they were doing the right thing at the time serving there country when they were actually serving madmen lusting for power. It's alright time and education will heal there mental wounds. They have been taught incorrectly so don't hate them pity them.

And while they fight and die you post on sherdog. Fuckn loser

And while they fight and die you post on sherdog. Fuckn loser

I look at soldiers like stuntmen or ice fishermen or something.

Yes, their job is tremendously dangerous and they put their lives at risk. However, it does absolutely nothing for the general population. In fact, it probably harms the general population.

Every single jihadist cites Western military occupation, drone attacks, etc., for their radicalism. They attack the West because the West is in THEIR land, occupying THEIR countries. Ron Paul is 100% right.

So American soldiers essentially put their life on the line to make their fellow Americans more susceptible to terrorist attacks. Their good intentions and the lies they've bought doesn't change these facts.

Last edited:

Yes, their job is tremendously dangerous and they put their lives at risk. However, it does absolutely nothing for the general population. In fact, it probably harms the general population.

Every single jihadist cites Western military occupation, drone attacks, etc., for their radicalism. They attack the West because the West is in THEIR land, occupying THEIR countries. Ron Paul is 100% right.

So soldiers essentially put their life on the line to make their fellow citizens more susceptible to terrorist attacks. Their good intentions and the lies they've bought doesn't change these facts.

Troops are essential if utilized correctly. If used for power reasons then there efforts are meaningless.

Troops are essential if utilized correctly. If used for power reasons then there efforts are meaningless.

Yeah, the troops of an empire (ANY empire in the history of the world) are tools of aggression. The US is no different.

The troops of countries that really, truly, are being invaded by another country are honorable. The European armies that resisted Nazi invasions, for example, are true heroes.

But Vietnam was a bunk war and many came back dead or mentally scarred for life.

For what? For it to fall to communism anyway. Seems to me I'd be pissed if I was sent there to watch friends die all over for basically nothing.

Answer is for everyone here.

They fought to do the job asked of them but manly they fought to keep their buddies next to them and themselves alive to go home.

They wear what they wear most of the time to honor the buddies they lost and are mad at the politicians that ran the war turning it into some bull shit police no way to end action.

Yeah, the troops of an empire (ANY empire in the history of the world) are tools of aggression. The US is no different.

The troops of countries that really, truly, are being invaded by another country are honorable. The European armies that resisted Nazi invasions, for example, are true heroes.

So once the allied forces crossed into Germany they became tools of aggression.

1. It wasn't a bullshit war. Sadly, a hard earned military victory was pissed away due to political fecklessness.

2. The men and women who died didn't die for nothing, they died fighting against the spread of the most murderous totalitarian ideology of the 20th century.

And it fell to communism anyway.

And the troops who fought in Vietnam got shit on when they came back to the states.

It's a mental disorder to defend Vietnam. I defend the troops and their service but Vietnam was a slap to their faces. Just like Iraq

So soldiers essentially put their life on the line to make their fellow citizens more susceptible to terrorist attacks. Their good intentions and the lies they've bought doesn't change these facts.

That is, of course, nonsense. You shouldn't base your opinion on jihadist propaganda. The interrelation between our military and any number of foreign nations and organizations is far more fraught and complex than that, and I think deep down you probably realize that. You don't need to go full western propaganda as a correction to see the flaws in the argument you're presenting.

I think I give off the impression that obsessively hating the military ruins my moods everyday and consumes my life. It can happen that way sometimes, but I actually feel good about my hatred a great deal of the time too. I feel like I'm one of the few not brainwashed into believing the military deserves respect. Also, I feel I'm over qualified to have ever been in the military(4.00 GPA student) and don't believe another human being should be legally obligated to follow another. I'm glad as fuck I'm not in the military(too nice).

However, I am logically stumped by why the military isn't hated or questioned at all, so I about stuff like the thread topic often.

Most people go along with what society tells them. Critical thinking is frighteningly rare.

All that aside, this obsession you have with the military isn't healthy though.

So American soldiers essentially put their life on the line to make their fellow Americans more susceptible to terrorist attacks. Their good intentions and the lies they've bought doesn't change these facts.

So you be live if we pulled all our support out of the middle east we would no longer be targeted?

You clearly have no clue about the projection of power, and what the Navy does to protect shipping lanes for the entire world.

And it fell to communism anyway.

Winning and losing says nothing about the justice or reasonableness of the struggle. In the meantime Indonesia and the Philippines did not fall to communism, though it seemed at the time they would. Many historians (rightly imo) credit the US effort in Vietnam for bolstering anti-communist resolve in those countries.

And the troops who fought in Vietnam got shit on when they came back to the states.

By the same leftists who undermined the war politically. This reaction was unwarranted and I don't support it whatsoever. However, it has nothing to do with whether the decision to fight totalitarian government in southeast Asia was correct.

It's a mental disorder to defend Vietnam. I defend the troops and their service but Vietnam was a slap to their faces. Just like Iraq

Are you saying I have a mental disorder finding the war justifiable or that the US exhibited mental disorder by fighter the war? Vietnam was not a slap in the faces of the soldiers who fought there. It was a good cause. The types of folks who insulted the vets were the likes of Jane Fonda.

Winning and losing says nothing about the justice or reasonableness of the struggle. In the meantime Indonesia and the Philippines did not fall to communism, though it seemed at the time they would. Many historians (rightly imo) credit the US effort in Vietnam for bolstering anti-communist resolve in those countries.

By the same leftists who undermined the war politically. This reaction was unwarranted and I don't support it whatsoever. However, it has nothing to do with whether the decision to fight totalitarian government in southeast Asia was correct.

Are you saying I have a mental disorder finding the war justifiable or that the US exhibited mental disorder by fighter the war? Vietnam was not a slap in the faces of the soldiers who fought there. It was a good cause. The types of folks who insulted the vets were the likes of Jane Fonda.

Yes I think if you don't best an eye at the thousands and thousands of people who died makes u have a mental disorder.

I give a shit about human life more than you. And I respect the troops. I respect them enough not to send them to fight in some bullshit war for nothing. Perhaps war profitering.

Like Iraq.

That is, of course, nonsense. You shouldn't base your opinion on jihadist propaganda. The interrelation between our military and any number of foreign nations and organizations is far more fraught and complex than that, and I think deep down you probably realize that. You don't need to go full western propaganda as a correction to see the flaws in the argument you're presenting.

So you be live if we pulled all our support out of the middle east we would no longer be targeted?

Of course we wouldn't. Unless you believe that lie about them hating us for our freedom or because we have McDonald's.

Why don't they target, say, Latin America? They're infinitely weaker militarily (they won't fight back like the West does), they're also Christian, they're "immoral" culturally, etc. They'd be the perfect target to attack and try to convert to Islam.

Western support of the Israeli occupation, endless invasions and endless propping up of brutal dictators are what breed hate and contempt for the West.

My grandfather was one of the guys you talk about. He rocked his Iwo Jima Survivor swag cause he was proud of it and in honor of friends who didn't make it off the island.

It's sad people like you have such low opinions of people like my grandfather and other combat vets. It really is sad. I don't really care about internet people like you but if you can't respect combat veterans for the things they endured then there really is no help for you.

Survived Iwo Jima, had 7 kids, married 72 years. BOSS status.

Sally's outta boot camp. Must be the army's fault. Soft Baked.

Of course we wouldn't.
Until somebody scribbles out a quick cartoon of you know who.
Why don't they target, say, Latin America? They're infinitely weaker militarily (they won't fight back like the West does), they're also Christian, they're "immoral" culturally, etc.
Like France or Spain? They never get attacked, right?

I wish that old man would have beaten the bloody piss out of you and left you for dead. And as he walked away posted one of those fucking pins right in your god damn forehead. Aren't you the scumbag that walked out on the Army because you're a pussy? and now you run around talking shit about the armed forces because you couldn't handle fucking bootcamp? Pussy.

Uhhhh, massive state propaganda and deep, deep indoctrination?

The entire premise of US empire is based on the notion that we're the good guys fighting the bad guys. So obviously the ones doing the literal fighting (soldiers) have to be made to feel special.

Them realizing they're committing acts of aggression and all for the benefit of a few elites would seriously throw a wrench in the operation.

That is the premise of all empires, and pretty much all of civilization. Well, besides mercenaries in it for the spoils.

Honor, pride, and valor in combat though have also been a part of warfare from inception.

Back