Edmond, you have one job. Ronda's boxing is unacceptable

To get boxing techniques right takes a while, but 10 years is more than enough time to get it absolutely peached right.
Agree with you TS!

All that shit is well and good when you were on a press tour. But in the course of her camp that is likely 8 to 10 weeks long how much is she actually training it? Fighters tell the media all kinds of stupid shit. I always got the sense that she was with Edmond because she had been with him for a long time and she trusted him. Not so much because she thought he was this guru of boxing knowledge.

See I felt the opposite, but who knows. Lol!

Fact is she is still with him. I have no doubts that they have worked extensively to fine tune her boxing, but we just haven't seen the improvements. She has some power in her right looping right hand if she lands flush on someone. Her thick exterior build and broad shoulders give her some power in her punches naturally. We just haven't seen the skill level improve much. Ronda never really got that much sharper with her attacks and her counters. Her striking abilities got stagnant and probably still are. Browne has looked awful with Edmunds as well, so I just can't find a reason to feel confident that Ronda has improved there.

See I felt the opposite, but who knows. Lol!

Fact is she is still with him. I have no doubts that they have worked extensively to fine tune her boxing, but we just haven't seen the improvements. She has some power in her right looping right hand if she lands flush on someone. Her thick exterior build and broad shoulders give her some power in her punches naturally. We just haven't seen the skill level improve much. Ronda never really got that much sharper with her attacks and her counters. Her striking abilities got stagnant and probably still are. Browne has looked awful with Edmunds as well, so I just can't find a reason to feel confident that Ronda has improved there.

I mean at the end of the day she is obviously elite. One of the best in the world. So she knows if she is getting good coaching or not. What it comes down to is the fighter neglecting this area of her game or not? Shaq had all kinds of coaches around him his whole career to teach him to shoot free throws. Yet he always sucked at them. Of course she has worked on her boxing with Edmond, but to the extent they have boasted I highly doubt it.

Ronda deluded herself into thinking that she's a great striker, especially when she KO'ed Bethe Correia. If Ronda went back to her game plan of judo throws to get her opponent to the ground, where she has a tremendous advantage over everyone, she would be virtually unstoppable again (except for getting hit with a one-punch KO while she's coming in to set up the judo throw, but one-punch KO's are very rare in women's MMA). She is wasting her time training striking so much.

The strategy used in the Holm fight was by far the worst i've ever seen in a title fight. I'm struggling to understand how they were even confident in it. Did they really practice it successfully during sparring?
She had always been able to walk down people before. And as shitty as people say her punches are,if it lands it does damage,she even managed to stun Holm. YES it shows a huge display of overconfidence that Ronda came in with that,but like i said,what she had done up until this point had been enough,more than enough,it almost never left the first round.

She had always been able to walk down people before. And as shitty as people say her punches are,if it lands it does damage,she even managed to stun Holm. YES it shows a huge display of overconfidence that Ronda came in with that,but like i said,what she had done up until this point had been enough,more than enough,it almost never left the first round.
I've only seen her get that reckless against Bethe.

At least she is no longer having her thumb in her fist when throwing a punch. That's a start right?

I'm heated not cause I give a fuck about Ronda but because I hate people getting taken advantage of and scam artists

she wrote a book, no one made you buy it.

and ts, rhonda is a once in ever striker and her striking is a once in ever strike.

and moreover, name one wmma striker that dayna likes more?

one bad performance after being an absolute dominate champ and everyone shits on her
Its the way she lost and handled her loss, it wouldn't have been as bad if she lost by close decision but she got KTFO and had got owned on the feet all night then proceded to go all suicidal and disappear from the UFC, thats a bad way to handle a loss especially considering the reputation she had in MMA/UFC, she was also constantly talking shit and saying she could beat everyone in the UFC with one arm tied behind her back lol, people usually enjoy when someone who talks so much shit gets KTFO

Edmond literally had nothing to do with Ronda's Judo.

Exactly, Ronda is excellent in all areas except striking. Literally, the only fucking thing that she needs help in is her striking
Edmond is a fucking boxing coach, which begs the question

What the hell is Edmond purpose if he doesn't benefit Ronda in any aspect? 10 fucking years and she has nothing to show.

You give a legit boxing coach 2 years and Ronda will look 10x better than the shit boxing she has now.

Ronda leads one weird messed up existence. She is with this head coach that evidently the whole planet thinks is garbage including her mother, whom she claims is like her idol and would do anything for. Yet she won't ditch this guy for any reason. Shit is just weird.

she literally doesn't know how to throw a single punch, forget a combination

This.

It's fucking infuriating that after 10 fucking years of training with a BOXING COACH, this is what she has to show

I could careless about Ronda and was happy when she lost but it pisses me off to see that she's getting taken advantage of

I'm not mad on Ronda by any stretch of the imagination but it's testament to her ability that she achieved what she did while being trained by a con artist for so long. Just look at what he did to Browne and Ellenberger.

one bad performance after being an absolute dominate champ and everyone shits on her

Are you telling me that nobody criticized her striking up until she lost to Holly? I got bad news for you.

Back