Edmond, you have one job. Ronda's boxing is unacceptable

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Prior to joining Glendale, Ronda was an Olympian in judo, elite grappling skills and superb on the ground.

The only thing lacking? Striking.
Edmond is not a striking coach but a BOXING coach so we will give a pass on Rhonda's kicks.

However, I will not give a pass on Ronda's boxing. Literally, WHAT.THE.FUCK

Edmond, you have one fucking job. Not grappling, not Ju jitsu, not cardio, not diet, not PR, not any fucking thing BUT FUCKING BOXING! It's your job to bring her skill set to a level that will make her competitive in the women's bantamweight division

Ronda has spent 10 years at Glendale and her striking is beyond ass (like I said, we'll give a pass on kicking).

You give Freddy Roach 10 years of boxing training and Ronda would be a fucking monster. You give wink 10 years? Savage

This is completely unacceptable. Edmond is holding Ronda back. 10 years with a LEGIT striking coach and she'll murk Holly and cyborg wit ease

LimpNextGreathornedowl.gif

I'm heated not cause I give a fuck about Ronda but because I hate people getting taken advantage of and scam artists

This thread is factually unsound, Edmund has two jobs since he started working partime at Wendy's.

one bad performance after being an absolute dominate champ and everyone shits on her

she literally doesn't know how to throw a single punch, forget a combination

The unknown obviously is how much time does she actually spend training it? Is she working with other boxers that can really shape up her game? Hard sparring, etc. we don't know how dedicated she is to the craft. Maybe she mostly works on her grappling..

The strategy used in the Holm fight was by far the worst i've ever seen in a title fight. I'm struggling to understand how they were even confident in it. Did they really practice it successfully during sparring?

It really is mind blowing that her head trainer is supposed to specialize in boxing. WTF is going on in that gym.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

It really is mind blowing that her head trainer is supposed to specialize in boxing. WTF is going on in that gym.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

10 years of training striking = this. That's like someone training jiu jitsu for 10 years and still being a white belt, when they should really be a black belt.

Mother of god...

The unknown obviously is how much time does she actually spend training it? Is she working with other boxers that can really shape up her game? Hard sparring, etc. we don't know how dedicated she is to the craft. Maybe she mostly works on her grappling..

Did you just start watching? Her boxing was all they were talking about after her last 3 or 4 fights. They tried acting like she was dropping pro male boxers at practice, and was exploding on people. She went on and on about how bad ass she got with her boxing, and got exposed badly and so did Edmunds. But Ronda and her camp have talked heavily about how extensive she trained to be the dangerous striker they believe she is. She just isn't getting the results with him. I think she'd fare much better with Jackson, AKA, or Tri-Star somewhere like that. She should enter a new camp and get out of her comfort zone.

It's not edmond's fault she is lazy. I bet he drives over to her house and says "get your arse to the gym!" but she says (with icing sugar all over her face) "no, don't cry" and thinks she's too good to train.

She'd have the work ethic of a sloth.

Did you just start watching? Her boxing was all they were talking about after her last 3 or 4 fights. They tried acting like she was dropping pro male boxers at practice, and was exploding on people. She went on and on about how bad ass she got with her boxing, and got exposed badly and so did Edmunds. But Ronda and her camp have talked heavily about how extensive she trained to be the dangerous striker they believe she is.

All that shit is well and good when you were on a press tour. But in the course of her camp that is likely 8 to 10 weeks long how much is she actually training it? Fighters tell the media all kinds of stupid shit. I always got the sense that she was with Edmond because she had been with him for a long time and she trusted him. Not so much because she thought he was this guru of boxing knowledge.

To his credit he did teach Travis Browne to eye poke.
Pahares > Edmond

Edmond and USADA are running neck and neck for most careers ruined

What is tough for her about the fight with Holly is that was the first time she had an extended period of time where she was forced to strike. In all of her other fights the striking came in bursts, always basically to set up a grappling exchange. Except that sloppy Bethe fight. So the perception is when she is forced to stand, she sucks at it.

Back