Edmond, you have one job. Ronda's boxing is unacceptable

I will say this. Watching her get Lit up like a Christmas tree in her last fight, and Edmond in the corner basically telling her looking good champ was not exactly a good sign for his uh coaching.

LimpNextGreathornedowl.gif
More like she's carrying Edmond, and she needs to drop the dead weight.

one bad performance after being an absolute dominate champ and everyone shits on her
TS has a point though: she didn't win those fights with striking. Her striking has not improved much since she joined Edmund. We don't ask her to become a striking prodigy: throwing a punch correctly would suffice...

The interesting thing is that Holly Holm has been training MMA longer than Ronda and yet her ground game is pretty bad, arguably worse than Ronda's striking.

The point i'm making is that no-one is dogging Holly's grappling coaches because most people realise that virtually no one can be world class in every discipline no matter how much time and effort gets put in.

The interesting thing is that Holly Holm has been training MMA longer than Ronda and yet her ground game is pretty bad, arguably worse than Ronda's striking.

The point i'm making is that no-one is dogging Holly's grappling coaches because most people realise that virtually no one can be world class in every discipline no matter how much time and effort gets put in.

Edmond is a boxing coach. That's his only area of expertise

Holly trained years in kickboxing and boxing, only recently has she taking mma training seriously

I wonder how she would do if she went with Ludwig? I know she wouldn't but I wonder.

I am a Ronda fan, but I have to totally agree. Even in fights with Tate and Beche we have seen Ronda get tagged for the simple lack of head movement and her punches are technically horrible.

Even her mother knows the boxing coaching is horrible, but Ronda is too damn loyal to a horrible coach. Can everyone imagine how crazy good she would have been if she spent all that time with the Diaz Bro's or at Kings MMA in Huntington Beach. She would be unstoppable. She better damn hope she gets this to a clinch and takedown or it is going to be a long ugly night followed by pillow walks.

one bad performance after being an absolute dominate champ and everyone shits on her

Her striking has never been good, though. Her grappling is first-rate, but that does not excuse five plus years of striking training and still has no fundamentals.

Prior to joining Glendale, Ronda was an Olympian in judo, elite grappling skills and superb on the ground.

The only thing lacking? Striking.
Edmond is not a striking coach but a BOXING coach so we will give a pass on Rhonda's kicks.

However, I will not give a pass on Ronda's boxing. Literally, WHAT.THE.FUCK

Edmond, you have one fucking job. Not grappling, not Ju jitsu, not cardio, not diet, not PR, not any fucking thing BUT FUCKING BOXING! It's your job to bring her skill set to a level that will make her competitive in the women's bantamweight division

Ronda has spent 10 years at Glendale and her striking is beyond ass (like I said, we'll give a pass on kicking).

You give Freddy Roach 10 years of boxing training and Ronda would be a fucking monster. You give wink 10 years? Savage

This is completely unacceptable. Edmond is holding Ronda back. 10 years with a LEGIT striking coach and she'll murk Holly and cyborg wit ease

He's actually a muay thai instructor too, you fucking goof.

Regardless whoever Ronda's trainer is...Even if she was training with Roach, her boxing would still be sub-par.

According to edmond, she's dropping former boxing Champs left and right in the gym. According to Joe rogan, she could beat a lot of the female pro boxers right now. According to her recent promos, she's so busy running up and down the steep Glendale mountains that the only time she has to intensely fine tune her world class striking is in the dark at GFC because it's always good to hit pads in the dark.

Last edited:
Where was everyone claiming she has no boxing fundamentals when she was brutally KO'ing bitches?

To get boxing techniques right takes a while, but 10 years is more than enough time to get it absolutely peached right.
Agree with you TS!

she's a girl, she started boxing late in life, so her boxing can only be so good... but it was good enough for her to win all those fights... she just lost the one fight against an actual former professional fighter, and a championship one at that... but compare her boxing to the other girls in the division? she ain't that bad comparatively speaking...

that said, amanda by brutal ko...

the important thing that we should realize is...she's just a female... with a judo background... not boxing like holly or kickboxing like joana...

Is Ronda's striking that bad in the context of WMMA? I mean, it's godawful in objective terms, but outside of Holm and a few of the Slavic girls, is anyone else even a decent striker? She has outstruck most of her opponents, after all.

Look at his eyebrows.

You think anyone with ones that look like that can teach boxing effectively?

Imagine if Ronda started with Duke Rofus or Mark Hnery instead of Edmund. Wow. Cause we all know her grappling was always good coming from gracie lineage and Gene Lebele lineage directly not to mention 4th dan and olympic medaling. NOW IMAGINE THAT TYPE OF STRIKING COACHING TO SUPPLEMENT THAT.

TS has a point though: she didn't win those fights with striking. Her striking has not improved much since she joined Edmund. We don't ask her to become a striking prodigy: throwing a punch correctly would suffice...

To be fair I do think Rousey has become quite a dangerous MMA brawler, it might not look pretty much she has obviously hurt multiple opponents recently and did land some shots on Holm as well.

The problem is that defensively she hasn't really improved(maybe even regressed) yet seems focused on being mostly a standup fighter. Yeah she tried for 2-3 takedowns vs Holm but compared the way she fought earlier in her career she's IMHO clearly not as committed and ultimately grappling is still her main strength.

Agreed. Travis took the art of eye poking to a whole new level against Werdum.
Some eye pokes are accidental and some are not, but I'm totally convinced that Edmond is the kind of guy who would want some eyepokes

Back