News Dustin Poirier hospitalized with Staph Infection now with Video.

I wasn't being a smartass man, just asking if it was confirmed anywhere if it's MRSA, that shit is serious. A bad case of Staph can resist antibiotics too depending on how much it has spread. Only way to confirm is a blood panel. That's why I'm asking.

We agree, it's serious.

I'm not being a smartass here either, but I'm not sure "what else" it would be, given that the available information says Dustin has a staph infection, that is resistant to all antibiotics so far, to the point he now requires hospitalization.

That's essentially the very definition of MRSA, which can be beyond "serious"; it can be catastrophic.

Hope Dustin's okay.

Fighter Kevin Lee fought Tony Ferguson with staph. What is Dustin's problem?
It’s almost like it’s a case by case basis. Weird how that works.

Staph is scary as hell, I hope he does well with this. Cue the Randleman pic if nobody has done it already.

Also, the hospital bed is where Dustin does his best trash talk. I remember he trashed Nate over getting flagged by USADA only to apologize a couple of days later when all the facts came out.

Now he's laying there calling out Conor

staph is variable. some respond to oral antibiotics, but when that doesn't work or it gets bad you need IV antibiotics in the hospital. he's probably on vancomycin and zosyn for cellulitis.

hopefully it hasn't gotten to his blood stream. that can be really bad especially if you have hardware (rods, screws, prosthetic joints) in your body.

Why is that? If you don't mind elaborating

Why is that? If you don't mind elaborating

why is it bad if you have hardware and prosthetic joints / heart valves ? because staph and bacteria love to stick to that stuff and its very difficult to clear it off. they create something called a biofilm over themselves to shield them. usually they have to go in and replace the hardware once it gets infected because there is no saving it.

same thing with bones. once a bone gets infected with bacteria its difficult to get antibiotics to penetrate in there. they usually have to send you home with an IV picc line where you do antibiotics for weeks to months to clear it. if that doesn't work they amputate. most of the time its diabetics who get a foot infected that gets into the bone.

I’ll never forget the photo of Randleman’s staph infection, shit can get serious.

Dustin is too tough to go down to some silly infection though. Just needs a fresh haircut and the W is all but guaranteed.

Kevin Randleman's staph was really something else..

7cvi5Q82xYfdlP3lZu_YQszqaQKgHgo8rdql_Vo3jPM.png

I had a staph infection in May and had a 3 week hospital stay as I ended up with septic arthritis, very painful and needed SIX operations over the course of 15 days to get rid of it. At one point they told me I could die as I may have left it too late to come in. This was the doctor's fault as they missed it twice and the hospital missed it once the week before I got kept in. Believe me staph infections are NOT a joke if they get into your blood stream

Back