Media BSD speaks after his defeat - Talks about fighting staph infection a week before the fight

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
GITJ9MzXYAAy-Nf.jpeg

"Unfortunately i couldn't fully express myself tonight. My body didn't hold up after a week of antibiotics fighting a staph infection. I was present but my body absent. I only had one round to give you. Sorry to disappoint you. Thank you Dustin for accepting the fight. It was impossible for me not to take this opportunity"

Via IG

0LVu4DB.png
X2kCVUO.png

Meh.

He was doing the tongue out thing, up on the scale, and getting all up in Dustin's face in the face offs.

Diamond gave him hespech post fight, but if he tries the whole, "I was sick, and that's why I lost" excuse, I'm not buying it.

Poirier whooped his ass.

Meh.

He was doing the tongue out thing, up on the scale, and getting all up in Dustin's face in the face offs.

Diamond gave him hespech post fight, but if he tries the whole, "I was sick" excuse, I'm not buying it.

Poirier whooped his ass.
Well i get that impression. But have you ever seen a fighter with staph infection a week before the fight have a great performance ?

He always fights with a crazy pace to finish. He fights like a young guy with little experience. Which he is. Hopefully he learns from this.
I’ve seen his fights, this was the craziest to me. I think he will, he’s young for the division and is super talented.

I believe him
<Fedor23>
No shame in pulling out with staph though, but I understand why one would feel the incentive to still fight because the UFC is what it is - if you go against their wishes you lose all goodwill with them.

Meh.

Diamond gave him hespech post fight, but if he tries the whole, "I was sick, and that's why I lost" excuse, I'm not buying it.

Poirier whooped his ass.
I mean he clearly had a gaping apparent staph wound on his forehead in the lead up.

Thoughts on this @Poirierfan ?
Don't fight with staph maybe? Lol

They had 5 rds, Imo Dustin would have caught him eventually. The striking discrepancy was too vast. Plus BSD is a little inexperienced and needs to learn how to pace himself. He'll be back though, fun fighter.

Last edited:
Back