Media BSD speaks after his defeat - Talks about fighting staph infection a week before the fight

He’s french ffs….Doostin eats him like a butter croissant 10 times out of 10.

The question is…did he tell the ufc about it? Daner issued an all out threat for fighting with staph if I remember correctly.

Don't fight with staph maybe? Lol

They had 5 rds, Imo Dustin would have caught him eventually. The striking discrepancy was too vast. Plus BSD is a little inexperienced and needs to learn how to pace himself. He'll be back though, fun fighter.
It was sad to see Poirier forced to abuse a fellow Frenchman for money

How in the flying fk do some many fighters get Staph and get sick right before the fight lol.

View attachment 1033985

"Unfortunately i couldn't fully express myself tonight. My body didn't hold up after a week of antibiotics fighting a staph infection. I was present but my body absent. I only had one round to give you. Sorry to disappoint you. Thank you Dustin for accepting the fight. It was impossible for me not to take this opportunity"

Via IG

0LVu4DB.png
X2kCVUO.png
Didn’t know BSD was Brazilian.

OK so what about reflexes? I'm not saying it was the deciding factor but people acting like health doesn't effect performance is kinda wild.
I mean the dude gassed himself out putting on a crazy pace which was his choosing to do so, and was slower in the hands than DP to begin with. I'm not saying he didn't have staph or there are no effects of it, I'm saying I don't think the end result would've been much different if he was 100%. Obviously jmo there's no way to know for sure. As to fighters walking in with injuries of one sort or another, you know thats common. But how much are we supposed to factor that in when the compromised fighter decides to make the walk? I thought BSD looked great in the first round. If thats all he had in the tank he had to know that wasn't gonna be enough time to get Dustin out of there. It's a shit decision to have to fight in a lesser state but ultimately he wanted to fight, and he fought well til he gassed. I don't see that as a mark against Dustin. BSD still put up a hell of a fight. My only point was DP cracked him with harder shots than we usually see out of him.

The all too common excuse after the fight.

The question is…did he tell the ufc about it? Daner issued an all out threat for fighting with staph if I remember correctly.
Most fighters keep it hush hush till after the fight, I'm assuming he kept quite.

How in the flying fk do some many fighters get Staph and get sick right before the fight lol.

I wont ever go to a MMA gym again. Ever. They are fucking disgusting. Obviously 'pros' are no different.

Yeah, shame that staph weakens your ability to get punched in the face :rolleyes:

Back