Media BSD speaks after his defeat - Talks about fighting staph infection a week before the fight

And he took a nap during it.

EDIT: well threads getting merged really makes this post look awkward.

Last edited:
Staph has nothing to do with his reckless approach that hes shown in all of his fights

His defence is poor, and DP would snipe him.

Meh.

He was doing the tongue out thing, up on the scale, and getting all up in Dustin's face in the face offs.

Diamond gave him hespech post fight, but if he tries the whole, "I was sick, and that's why I lost" excuse, I'm not buying it.

Poirier whooped his ass.

ha ya these frenchmen always got top notch excuses.

poirier beats bsd 9 out of 10 times.

prime poirier beats bsd 10 out of 10 times.

I believe him, TBH. But don't talk about it. Take the defeat, praise the opponent, ESPECIALLY if it's the most lovable fighter out there, and then inform your fans later on in your career, or at the end of it in a book or at the JRE.

That's what he gets for having a Templar cross tattted on him. Dustin whooped him. I knew he was going to blow his wad after emptying the tank on Dustin in the first round. Takedown attempt after takedown attempt and flurries. Come on.

i dont like the "excuses" route
if you chose to fight that way then it is what it is

i dont think he should change styles or anything, but working on his boxing, specially his defense would do wonders
also needs to pace himself a little better, implement some feints to his game
other than that he's set. good grappling, heavy pressure style, nice kicks, strong as bull

i'm a real BSD fan, i want to see him come back stronger from this

Meh.

He was doing the tongue out thing, up on the scale, and getting all up in Dustin's face in the face offs.

Diamond gave him hespech post fight, but if he tries the whole, "I was sick, and that's why I lost" excuse, I'm not buying it.

Poirier whooped his ass.
No dog in this fight but taunting before a fight isn't any sort of proof you're 100% going into it. If anything, if you were injured or sick and we're going to fight anyway it would make sense to do everything you can to conceal your actual condition.

BSD is still pretty young, losing to Poirier isn't a huge setback. Makhachev has a very good career and he got KO'd by someone FAR worse than Dustin early on in his UFC tenure. Whether or not this had any bearing on this fight isn't really relevant now, but I guess I feel for the guy if its true. Glad he didn't pull out.

DP hit him with some of the hardest punches he's ever thrown in the octagon. Staph had nothing to do with that.

Damn after Dustin just gave endless props to this guy post fight and post press conference.

This is the type of shit that will never allow me to be a fan. Just take the L. Move forward with respect.

Fight IQ isn't know to be a staph infection last I checked.

I hate excuses, even if they are valid. I can't imagine fighting while sick, or being sluggish by having been on medication, it for sure takes some from the performance.
But when losing, the explaination becomes an excuse which looks bad 99% of the time.

View attachment 1033985

"Unfortunately i couldn't fully express myself tonight. My body didn't hold up after a week of antibiotics fighting a staph infection. I was present but my body absent. I only had one round to give you. Sorry to disappoint you. Thank you Dustin for accepting the fight. It was impossible for me not to take this opportunity"

Via IG

0LVu4DB.png
X2kCVUO.png

French guy with excuses

Against Éliseu, it was the staph too ? Reality is he's a no brain, who blocks the shots with his head, against top-15 it may work, but not against a top-5. <mma4>

DP hit him with some of the hardest punches he's ever thrown in the octagon. Staph had nothing to do with that.
Huh? What odd takes you guys have on here sometimes. Ya don't think being sick effects reflexes or endurance?

He did have staph but he lost because he fought like an idiot. Could've won with a more measured approach imo. Hopefully he doesn't blame this loss on staph and actually learns from his mistakes. He has to stop being so damn reckless sooner rather than later.

He did not learn from his beating against Éliseu, he made the mistakes as yesterday, what makes you think that he will learn now ? <WhatItIs>

Meh.

Poirier whooped his ass.

This. He looked fine, he just got knocked out.

Back