News Dustin Poirier hospitalized with Staph Infection now with Video.

What if you were training with an unhygienic person that was infected? Will showering prevent it or are you screwed?
I wrestled in high school and do bjj for a few months every blue moon. I have no problem saying I'm not rolling with someone with someone for hygiene issues. Fuck their feelings. I've done it before and I'll do it again.

I wrestled in high school and do bjj for a few months every blue moon. I have no problem saying I'm not rolling with someone with someone for hygiene issues. Fuck their feelings. I've done it before and I'll do it again.
What if they have staph but are hiding it from you? Does wearing a rashguard help protect you?

What if they have staph but are hiding it from you? Does wearing a rashguard help protect you?
If I have worry about my training partners hiding potentially fatal contagious illnesses from me I have a bigger issue that wearing a rashguard won't fix. I need new training partners.

yeah but Dustin isn't resistent because some random dudes took a bunch of antibiotics at some point it would have to be his mom or dad who developed resistance and passed it on to him but they didn't use them like that before so it's unlikely. Unless it's the specific bacteria he's contracted that the antibiotics are resistent to, but if Dustin gets it for that specific bacteria why shouldn't everyone?

That’s not how it works. The excess use of antibiotics causes the creation of antibiotic resistant bacteria. It’s nothing to do with Dustin or his family specifically.

A lot of people think there is a window of opportunity to wash it off of you after training. I use a specific soap for staph because I had it reoccurring for a couple years in my early 20s. Also, I was told that a big portion of people have the bacteria on their skin already, but weak immune systems can get overrun by it and cause an infection.

Back in the 1920s they were experimenting with a bacteria eating virus which was essentially harmless to humans. It was called the phage virus. The virus was a natural counter to the bacteria because it would mutate with it so it couldn't adapt unlike antibiotics. They stopped all that research after antibiotics were invented. I'm guessing it had something to do with he the drug lab companies profiting from creating antibiotics.

That’s not how it works. The excess use of antibiotics causes the creation of antibiotic resistant bacteria. It’s nothing to do with Dustin or his family specifically.
You should read the entire post not just the first paragraph, I wrote at the end the anti biotics may be resistent to that specific bacteria but if Dustin is getting it why shouldn't people who came before him have gotten it hence it becoming resistant?

Fighter Kevin Lee fought Tony Ferguson with staph. What is Dustin's problem?
hamill_staph_2.jpg

This is turning into a Wikifeet thread
<36>

Back