Dragonlord's Most Anticipated Films of 2013

As I said in a different thread, I'm not really a big fan of the genre but 2013 is loaded with some interesting horror flicks:

Evil Dead
Insidious Chapter 2
Texas Chainsaw 3D
The Last Exorcism 2
S-V/H/S
The Haunting in Connecticut 2
Paranormal Activity 5
Carrie
You're Next
Satanic
Lords of Salem
Mama
The Conjuring
The ABCs of Death

Now that is a silly name for a movie.

I don't know if Id have that JACK THE GIANT SLAYER over THE HOBBIT myself. But then again THE HOBBIT would be my number one most anticipated as well as ENDER'S GAME because i've been waiting to see a film adaptation of that since I read the book over a decade ago. :)

Heh. I honestly thought of what you were going to think when I was making the list and putting The Hobbit at the bottom or that Jack the Giant Slayer was ahead of it.

An Unexpected Journey was good but I wasn't blown away with it and I'm expecting more or less the same from The Desolation of Smaug. To me, Jack the Giant Slayer just feels a bit fresher and the story won't feel so restricted since it's an original screenplay (I think).

1. Man of Steel
2. Star Trek: Into Darkness
3. Sin City 2
4. Jurassic Park 3D
5. Iron Man 3
6. The Wolverine
7. Kick Ass 2
8. Anchorman 2
9. Oz the Great and Powerful
10. Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Still not sold on Oblivion, World War Z, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit 2, or Thor 2.

Last edited:
I don't know why but i really want to see Warm Bodies.

e91a953a_FistBump.gif

After Earth not in top 25!!!!???? BUT WARM BODIES IS!?!?
This list is silly.

As KOQ24 correctly pointed out, Shyamalan's track record hasn't been that good lately. He was one of my favorite directors back then but his The Last Airbender left a bad taste in my mouth. I did mention After Earth in my "Honorable Mentions" because I'm still interested in seeing it in theaters if the reviews are good.

I don't get the hate for Warm Bodies. It's a comedy, they've got a great up-and-coming director helming it, the premise is fun, and it's an unique tongue-in-cheek spin on the zombie genre. If you like Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands, you'll probably like Warm Bodies also (assuming that it's good).

It's a romantic comedy. People will hate on it by default.

Some additional films not mentioned that I highly recommend looking out for!
Stoker
Gravity
Trance
Twelve Years a Slave
The Wind Rises
Very interested in Gravity, Trance and Twelve Years a Slave also.

People are looking forward to After Earth? It's Shammy. I've given up all hope with him.

At this point he's released more bad movies than good movies

no mentions for only god forgives??? c'mon sherdog, this is our movie! director of drive teams up with gosling again in a crime revenge movie that ultimately results in a muay thai fight? how could that not be in everyone's top 10? good list, I hadn't heard of the counselor which looks to be one of the best of the year. this is the end and kick ass 2 will also be great.

I was about to put Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives in the Top 25 but I wasn't sure if it would be released this year since they haven't announced an official release date yet.

Rob Zombie's new movie comes out in March.

And apparently James Wan's new movie The Conjuring tested so well that they moved it to summer.

So there's a couple more things to be excited for.

People are looking forward to After Earth? It's Shammy. I've given up all hope with him.

At this point he's released more bad movies than good movies

Exactly, I won't even consider seeing it unless the reviews are good which I'm not counting on happening.

So much apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic/futuristic candy coming our way this year. Yay!

The World's End doesn't have a place on your list. You make Anna Kendrick sad. :(

You're still going to watch just because it's Edgar Wright. hehe

Edgar Wright's The World's End is one of my "Must Watch" films of 2013. It was initially in my Top 25 but had to make room for the others.

I forgot to mention in the OP that some of the films in the list had an advantage over my attention because they already had a trailer. I'm sure The World's End and some of the movies omitted would be in the list if we saw their trailers also.

As for Anna Kendrick... You already know how much I adore her. But after watching End of Watch last year, I almost made a "Anna Kendrick Appreciation Thread" (and may still make that thread in the future).

I'm surprised to not see overwhelming anticipation for Hansel and Gretel.

Good list. Dam Anchor man 2 is taking a while

Really don't get the hate for Warm Bodies. I think people think it looks like a twilight movie mixed with some comedy, but really the movie doesn't seem to take itself seriously. And add in the fact the female lead(Teresa Palmer) is super hot, i really want to see this movie.

lol, damn, bro.. chill out with the CGI summer blockbusters.

Back