Dragonlord's Most Anticipated Films of 2013

Sure are a lot of post apocalyptic movies coming out.

I was about to put Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives in the Top 25 but I wasn't sure if it would be released this year since they haven't announced an official release date yet.

that's fair. here's to hoping, though; the plot sounds glorious.

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

I had never heard of "The Place Beyond the Pines." That looks really good.

Don't really have high hopes for 2013 but i'm looking forward to Man Of Steel and Riddick.

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim

I know GDT is a far better director than Michael Bay and I'd like to think that this movie will be great, but it looks like some straight up Transformers shit. We'll see.

I am looking forward to watch Gangster Squad it seems to be a really cool movie.

Great list. I didn't know about a lot of these movies, so now I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Until I saw this list, my most anticipated film was actually John dies at the end. I read the book and am curious about how well they adapted it for the screen.

I guarantee Evil Dead flops...no matter how good it is. Redoing a classic slasher? No problem...most hate them but Im easy to please. Redoing a cult classic?...that takes balls

Horror flicks have been good box office performers for the past couple of years now. So if the Evil Dead remake is good as you say, then I guarantee you it will be a success at the B.O.

any word on the ending for Ender's Game? it's gonna be kind of wack if they keep it the same as most people know of the twist.

I haven't read the book but director Gavin Hood confirms that the dark ending of the book will be there:

I'm kind of looking forward to this. The only thing I've ever seen Henry in was "The Tudors" and he was very good in that.
The cgi looked a bit iffy in the trailer, hope it looks more real on the big screen instead of a computer monitor.

I thought Cavill looked great physically from the set photos (like the one below) released last year. But it wasn't until I saw Immortals that I saw he had a commanding screen presence and was convinced that he is going to be a great Superman.

man-of-steel-set-photo-bearded-clark-kent-goes-shirtless.jpg

Sorry Dragon, I'm just not interested in Pacific Rim at all.I found the trailer a little generic looking.

No problem at all. I'm not forcing anyone to like what I like. But for the record, you will be now un-friend from my contacts.

DragonLord you rock bro. Thanks for this.

thanks for putting this together and thanks for all the info in 2012

Great list. I didn't know about a lot of these movies, so now I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Until I saw this list, my most anticipated film was actually John dies at the end. I read the book and am curious about how well they adapted it for the screen.

I concur. I award you the interwebz TS.

Great list...thanks for your work dragon
Thanks!

Awesome list DragonLord!

Can't wait to see The Counselor. I have no doubt its going to kick tons of ass. Ridley Scott directing, Frank McCarthy script, Fassbender, Pitt, Bardem- there's no way it can suck.

Of course, I said the same thing about Prometheus...

I'm really looking forward to the new Superman. I never read the comics or followed the stories much, but I knew how awesome a current generation movie could be, and Superman Returns was a huge letdown. For some reason, I keep thinking the showdown between Zod and Superman will be like Neo and Smith in Matrix 3, like two magnetic bumper-balls that can fly. I really hope they pull out all of the stops for the special effects and fighting.

I can't wait for the new Seth Rogan movie, either. I thought Rogan was going the way of family film/rom-com with that Barbara Streisand movie. Good to see him back to his best.

Thanks for the list TS, lots of movies to look forward to for 2013. I'm especially looking forward to the new Star Trek and Man of Steel...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back