Dragonlord's Most Anticipated Films of 2013

As I said in a different thread, I'm not really a big fan of the genre but 2013 is loaded with some interesting horror flicks:

Evil Dead
Insidious Chapter 2
Texas Chainsaw 3D
The Last Exorcism 2
S-V/H/S
The Haunting in Connecticut 2
Paranormal Activity 5
Carrie
You're Next
Satanic
Lords of Salem
Mama
The Conjuring
The ABCs of Death

So hit or miss with this genre, if half of those are at least decent, I'll be a happy camper.

Come on James Franco, you're better than those five untalented retards.

So hit or miss with this genre, if half of those are at least decent, I'll be a happy camper.

I guarantee Evil Dead flops...no matter how good it is. Redoing a classic slasher? No problem...most hate them but Im easy to please. Redoing a cult classic?...that takes balls

I guarantee Evil Dead flops...no matter how good it is. Redoing a classic slasher? No problem...most hate them but Im easy to please. Redoing a cult classic?...that takes balls

Raimi and Campbell are heavily involved, that gives me a lot of hope. And the red band trailer was fucking awesome.

I'm not sure how aware the public is of the Evil Dead franchise but horror always seems to do reasonably well at the box office.

I think it'll be good.

The horror genre seems so tired to me right now. Remakes/re-imagining/rehashes. Everything now fits into these categories, especially all of those demonic/cursed homes movies. I think the new preview I saw was Dark Skies or something, looked just like 10 movies I saw previews for last year.

The horror genre seems so tired to me right now. Remakes/re-imagining/rehashes. Everything now fits into these categories, especially all of those demonic/cursed homes movies. I think the new preview I saw was Dark Skies or something, looked just like 10 movies I saw previews for last year.

That's just about every genre right now.

Dark Skies looks ridiculous.

any word on the ending for Ender's Game? it's gonna be kind of wack if they keep it the same as most people know of the twist.

Nice list, I'm looking forward to "This is the End" in particular because it has the entire Apatow gang in it, Jonah Hill is fucking hilarious!
"Anchorman", "Sin City" as well as the Gosling and Fassbender movies look promising as well.

Still, there's nothing I could be more excited for than the final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad!

I'm looking forward to "This is the End" in particular because it has the entire Apatow gang in it, Jonah Hill is fucking hilarious

I thought that too until I saw the preview.

2013 looks terrible for movies

I agree. But I also thought 2012 looked phenomenal and it was full of duds (IMO). I think my top 5 anticipated of 2012 were all letdowns. You never know til you watch the movies.

2. MAN OF STEEL [June 14, 2013]

Man-of-Steel-0101-Dragonlord.jpg

Under the guidance of producer Christopher Nolan, director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is what Superman fans around the world have been waiting for after Bryan Singer's disastrous Superman Returns. Supes will go up against General Zod, somebody that he can go toe-to-toe with. Gone are the stupid outdated homage to Richard Donner's version. Lex Luthor, whose last big screen incarnation was a pathetic man-whore/real estate developer, isn't even mentioned this time around. And judging from the awesome trailers, Man of Steel has the right balance of drama and action.

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone

Sorry Dragon, I'm just not interested in Pacific Rim at all.I found the trailer a little generic looking . Man of Steel is my most anticipated.

Back