dont you just hate how mma has turned to pointfighting?

Yes but GSP fans love point fighting. I will always appreciate good fights but not fighters who don't try to finish when they have the skills to do so.

it's been hit and miss lately well when it comes to UFC.. last night was good and Friday night was decent as well.

I dont like pointfighting, I just wanna see a brawl. Like 95% of all viewers.

We should all strive to be good little UFC fans like van1ty.

149, indeed, was not a good card.
149 was a shitty card because jordan is not a ufc level fighter, lombard was injured, and ebersole couldn't take head down. it had nothing to do with point fighting.

Generally, it's hard to say MMA is just point fighting. So you do have a good point.
The people who complain about it are pointing to specific fighters.

There are guys at the elite levels; guys like Edgar, MM, and Cruz, who are almost pure point fighters. And they tend to clog up Main Events with 25 minutes of their games.

I agree. I'm not one of those "MMA is doooooomed" types. But some fighters are point fighters. As such, I'm going to criticize them. It was nice to see a lot of young fighters who come to fight.

I agree. Amazing fights this weekend with 7 brutal out-cold KO's to boot. Not much pointfighting there.

Just gonna throw this out there BTW. The gameplan of Colton Smith last night is one we see many fighters utilize. I'm not a fan of it but if their opponent can't shut it down, they're both at fault for a less exciting fight. Mike Ricci deserves just as much backlash as Colton does which really isn't any at all. Colton's not the first guy to grapple to a win and Mike Ricci isn't the first guy to have no answer for it. Just a very bad matchup. I guarantee if Colton was in there with a guy like Diego and Ricci was in there with a guy like Pettis, people would like them.

edgar's a point fighter? he's been fighting animals with massive size advantages, and he still managed to KO maynard.

cruz nearly finished demetrious in his last fight with a rnc in the 4th.

i mean god forbid cruz can't finish guys like faber, demetrious, and benavidez, who we all know are so easy to stop. aldo couldn't even put faber away.

Because if you do, you need to jump off a cliff.

MMA is as exciting as it's ever been, if not moreso. The last two nights showed it, once again.

Yeah, only mid level guys or HW. They aren't the problem.

I hate mma so much I can't help but watch it when it comes on to update my list of things to hate about mma

Yeah, only mid level guys or HW. They aren't the problem.
Yes, isn't it weird that guys at the upper level are harder to finish.

Bendo, Rory, and Gus couldn't finish their respective opponents because they were fighting elite fighters. It had nothing to do with Bendo/Rory/Gus employing a 'point fighting' style, whatever that even means.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that Rory has stopped everyone he's faced other than Condit and Penn? Is it really a coincidence that Gus has stopped everyone he's faced other than the best?

Because if you do, you need to jump off a cliff.

MMA is as exciting as it's ever been, if not moreso. The last two nights showed it, once again.

well said, the 3 last free cards totally delivered.

But no lets just focus on Pierce laying on Seth instead.

Decisions aren't worth any more than a tie to me. All it shows me is that the fighter wasn't powerful enough to stop his opponent.

Decisions aren't worth any more than a tie to me. All it shows me is that the fighter wasn't powerful enough to stop his opponent.
Genuinely not sure if trolling. I have heard dumber things, after all.

Genuinely not sure if trolling. I have heard dumber things, after all.

An opinion that differs from mine is stupid.

I'd say that I had heard dumber things, but no, this will always be the dumbest response to a discussion on differing opinions.

I think its generally harder for flyweights to finish by tko because they jut naturally lack power, roys gut gives him extra power alone

Believe me lower weight classes have less KOs because of smaller skill discrepancies and certain fighters choosing to be fast and sacrificing power for it..

Also they have P4P better chins on average

Back