dont you just hate how mma has turned to pointfighting?

van1ty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Because if you do, you need to jump off a cliff.

MMA is as exciting as it's ever been, if not moreso. The last two nights showed it, once again.

Really good card last night.

What I liked was even though Colton vs. Ricci wasn't the most action packed fight, the crowd was into it and that really helped it along, made it a fight you could easily get into it.

Just wish we could have seen Varner/Guillard, I think all the stalling really hurt it.

Generally, it's hard to say MMA is just point fighting. So you do have a good point.
The people who complain about it are pointing to specific fighters.

There are guys at the elite levels; guys like Edgar, MM, and Cruz, who are almost pure point fighters. And they tend to clog up Main Events with 25 minutes of their games.

haha good title just wanted to insult you :D

except the usual and expected Pierce and Colton shitfests, both events were very entertaining.

I actually didn't even mind the Colton/Ricci fight, the cool part was that the casuals I was watching the card with appreciated Colton's tenacity and his constant rnc attempts.

also, i'd like to point out that the fight that won FOTN went to a decision.

this card wasn't great because of the finishes. they were just great fucking fights.

except the usual and expected Pierce and Colton shitfests, both events were very entertaining.
imo seth actually won that fight... but whatever. yea i didn't like it either.

smith/ricci was a good fight. if you don't think so, i don't know what to tell you. smith was looking to finish the whole time, and imposed his will.

I think its generally harder for flyweights to finish by tko because they jut naturally lack power, roys gut gives him extra power alone

I don't care, but people like different things, can't blame them tough.

Last night brought me back from the UFC on FX 6 (Diaz vs Bendo), I was thinking about starting to hang up the gloves....BUT NOT ANYMORE.

Last night brought me back from the UFC on FX 6 (Diaz vs Bendo), I was thinking about starting to hang up the gloves....BUT NOT ANYMORE.
wait... wait... you didn't like diaz vs bendo? dude... get out.

I actually didn't even mind the Colton/Ricci fight, the cool part was that the casuals I was watching the card with appreciated Colton's tenacity and his constant rnc attempts.

Colton tried to finish. I'll never be upset with a fighter for not finishing if they are trying to. Fights like Koch/Brookins when brookins entire game is to hold koch against the fence and don't do jack to finish, that bothers me.

Colton tried to finish. I'll never be upset with a fighter for not finishing if they are trying to. Fights like Koch/Brookins when brookins entire game is to hold koch against the fence and don't do jack to finish, that bothers me.
no... that was a weird fight.

brookins was trying to take koch down, koch just refused to concede it.

IceCubeAtFirst.jpg

Because if you do, you need to jump off a cliff.

MMA is as exciting as it's ever been, if not moreso. The last two nights showed it, once again.

Nice bait and switch with the thread title.

no... that was a weird fight.

brookins was trying to take koch down, koch just refused to concede it.

Exactly. What I hate about the "pointfighting" complaints is that they confuse what fighters achieve with what they intend. Trust me: fighters know they'll get more fame and more money if they finish. They want to finish. But the other guy in the cage has something to say about it!

Back