Donnie Wants to "Greatly" Increase Nuke Numbers

Liberals want the US to to become defenceless I'm guessing, that's why they're unhappy?

So much white guilt they want their country to fall? I just don't get it.

Defense budget needs to go down in US. I could understand updating nukes I guess. But not needing more.

But all that shit is classified so who knows?

Liberals want the US to to become defenceless I'm guessing, that's why they're unhappy?

So much white guilt they want their country to fall? I just don't get it.

The US, which stands for almost a third of the entire world's military spending, becoming defenseless? That's one of the funnier things I've read here.

The US, which stands for almost a third of the entire world's military spending, becoming defenseless? That's one of the funnier things I've read here.

I don't get the whole nuke thing. I doubt most of us do.
But you're definitely right that the US is not defenseless.

Russia recently publicly advertised the Satan 2. Now why would they do that?
Seems stupid right?
Unless someone hasn't been keeping up.

It is madness to increase the numbers, but I suppose building new ones to replace the old isn't such a bad idea. Having an ancient stock of nukes around sounds like recipe for disaster.

Seems stupid right?

They advertised it because it bypasses the missile defenses that America has built in various NATO countries, to maintain the balance of "mutually assured destruction". If it's only the U.S. which can destroy Russia without consequences, then obviously that balance of power would break, therefore it was necessary for the Russians to flex their muscles in that regard, to prevent U.S. from utilizing a perceived advantage and creating a scenario which would be detrimental to everybody's interests.

They advertised it because it bypasses the missile defenses that America has built in various NATO countries, to maintain the balance of "mutually assured destruction". If it's only the U.S. which can destroy Russia without consequences, then obviously that balance of power would break, therefore it was necessary for the Russians to flex their muscles in that regard, to prevent U.S. from utilizing a perceived advantage and creating a scenario which would be detrimental to everybody's interests.

How does it bypass anything? It just means less missiles to take out greater areas as far as I know.

How does it bypass anything? It just means less missiles to take out greater areas as far as I know.

It is equipped with stealth technology which is capable of bypassing radar systems.

Softies like you talk a big game but don't do a damn thing and have no idea what is going on. You sound like another draft dodging politician that suddenly becomes a badass.

Cant think of any wildly popular politicians like that

It is equipped with stealth technology which is capable of bypassing radar systems.

See, this is stuff nobody actually knows. Stealth doesn't bypass radar, it reduces it's signature.

In movies, you can detect a nuke launch immediately. Before radar even matters.
What's true and what's movies?

How do you detect a sub nuke launch?
How many Russian subs are in American waters?

Softies like you talk a big game but don't do a damn thing and have no idea what is going on. You sound like another draft dodging politician that suddenly becomes a badass.

You sound like you're on your period, bitch-made.

See, this is stuff nobody actually knows. Stealth doesn't bypass radar, it reduces it's signature.

In movies, you can detect a nuke launch immediately. Before radar even matters.
What's true and what's movies?

How do you detect a sub nuke launch?
How many Russian subs are in American waters?

Sure, the point is, this weapon was exhibited because of its increased capabilities to counter America's missile defense systems. Not merely because Russia wanted to "flex its muscles" by threatening everyone else with a big bomb, but because it had no capacity to invest into missile defense systems of its own. To maintain a balance of military power, it invested into stealth capacity nuclear weapons instead, improving on a design which already existed since the Soviet Union.

"Sarmat is expected to feature advanced countermeasures to enable it to penetrate missile defenses including a complex command and control system and a high degree of maneuverability"

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/ss-30.htm

Last edited:
Sure, the point is, this weapon was exhibited because of its increased capabilities to counter America's missile defense systems. Not merely because Russia wanted to "flex its muscles" by threatening everyone else with a big bomb, but because it had no capacity to invest into missile defense systems of its own. To maintain a balance of military power, it invested into stealth capacity nuclear weapons instead.

"Sarmat is expected to feature advanced countermeasures to enable it to penetrate missile defenses including a complex command and control system and a high degree of maneuverability"

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/ss-30.htm

Again, why publicly advertise a strategic weapon to the public.

Again, why publicly advertise a strategic weapon to the public.

To make it known that Russia is capable of answering and countering U.S's ever expanding anti-missile defense systems that are being built into neighbouring NATO countries.

Putin has already made it clear that he doesn't care for an arms race because the economic situation in Russia isn't great, he would much prefer to invest into re-building the country's infrastructure instead, but he will do what is necessary to maintain the balance of military power in order to maintain stability in the East, as long as NATO continues to expand and arm Russia's neighbours with weapons capable of destroying Russia's own nuclear potential.

Seems stupid right?

I loved how they promote Satan 2 as being able to defensively react to counter measures by the US. It's funny because our defensive systems are decades ahead of Russians. How do I know just talk to India about the deals they have signed with Russia. After seeing what Russia had to offer they wanted to cancel or rollback their deals with Russia because they said they oversold their technological abilities.

I loved how they promote Satan 2 as being able to defensively react to counter measures by the US. It's funny because our defensive systems are decades ahead of Russians. How do I know just talk to India about the deals they have signed with Russia. After seeing what Russia had to offer they wanted to cancel or rollback their deals with Russia because they said they oversold their technological abilities.

The Russians won't lie that their missile defense systems are decades behind the Americans. Even Putin acknowledged it in the above video. But I don't think it's worth finding out whether Satan 2 can bypass America's missile defense systems or not.

It could be a bluff, then again it may not be. They've had roughly 15 years to build the thing. Russia has made it clear that focusing on sheer destructive potential and offensive capabilities is the way to go for them. Defense is not really an option at this point.

To make it known that Russia is capable of answering and countering U.S's ever expanding anti-missile defense systems that are being built into neighbouring NATO countries.

Putin has already made it clear that he doesn't care for an arms race because the economic situation in Russia isn't great, he would much prefer to invest into re-building the country's infrastructure instead, but he will do what is necessary to maintain the balance of military power in order to maintain stability in the East, as long as NATO continues to expand and arm Russia's neighbours with weapons capable of destroying Russia's own nuclear potential.

It's still just military posturing.
MAD still exists even with a so-called defense shield.

It's the military on both sides working together trying to justify their budget.

Otherwise, why publicly advertise. You don't tell your enemies you have something new if you plan on using it.

Especially when both countries could end each other no matter what.

If both launched, it's over for everyone.

It's still just military posturing.
MAD still exists even with a so-called defense shield.

It's the military on both sides working together trying to justify their budget.

Otherwise, why publicly advertise. You tell your enemies you have something new if you plan on using it.

Especially when both countries could end each other no matter what.

If both launched, it's over for everyone.

No it doesn't. America's missile defense systems may be capable of destroying all of Russia's nuclear potential within hours, once they develop the range of those missiles.

This would mean that only Russia gets destroyed.

Back