Donnie Wants to "Greatly" Increase Nuke Numbers

We'd have done that in the 1970s and had a manned flyby of Saturn in the early 1980s if people weren't so butt scared about nukes.

orion_blastoff.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

if i remember correctly wasn't this proposed for interstellar travel to alpha centauri?

It's such a bad thing the United States wants to protect itself. Obama let other countries walk all over us for 8 years, not happening anymore motherfuckers.

636028491160779307-427101620_30036-00-rfr-eagle_with_flag_and_constitution_1600px.jpg

hi EvilWasLittle,

actually, President Obama's foreign policy dovetailed pretty well with the wishes of the American people he served.

most Americans (and most republicans) were pretty much opposed to a muscular US foreign policy, it related to armed conflict and boots on the ground, and i think Mr. Obama's time in office reflected those wishes.

- IGIT

so tremendous he figured out the nuclear triad and wants to go bigly on it

Awesome idea! We should also use some.
Iraq, Syria and Germany for example

Our Nuclear arsenal is becoming dated and China and Russian are looking to improve theirs.

They could theoretically neutralize ours if we don't. Nuclear deterrent has kept us from Nuclear Warfare in the past and will so in the future. It's important that all the major power players are on the same level and new dangerous ones don't emerge.

That said, I don't follow it closely enough to have an informed opinion as to whether this is a good idea or not. Also, dates say 2010-2018

How many times do we have to be able to destroy the earth to believe our deterrent is believable? Having 5,000 deliverable nukes is not anymore of a deterrent than the present 2,000. What more of a threat is that? You'll turn Iran to glass and ash, TWICE?

The only country so far that's withdrawn from the treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons is North Korea.....

.....and they're led by a fat idiot with shit hair.

hi EvilWasLittle,

actually, President Obama's foreign policy dovetailed pretty well with the wishes of the American people he served.

most Americans (and most republicans) were pretty much opposed to a muscular US foreign policy, it related to armed conflict and boots on the ground, and i think Mr. Obama's time in office reflected those wishes.

- IGIT

So, you're saying the world, and Western Civilization, is better off now that we can see the affect Obama has had in Office for the last 8 years?

Thanks. Sounds like how I interpreted his vague remarks. Still doesn't answer my question about what exactly needs upgraded, nor my amazement that there'd be any value in increasing the number available. But that info isn't in the article and I'm not sure who the nuclear experts are around here.

@oldshadow works/worked with nukes I thought. ??

I'm on mostly the power side of the nuke world.

However this means little until we have more information.

Most likely it means upgrading delivery and defense as we have to work within treatises.

Doesn't matter how many Earths it would destroy if we can't get through their defense.

This is old, but here.

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/can-we-stop-a-nuke-16988105/

You make it sound like someone is even remotely capable of stopping all 1,000 missiles coming at them? Just one gets through and you are in ruin.

On top of that, it is moot in my opinion. As porous as our borders are, there are probably nukes buried near every metro as it is. Think how much it cost to develop a missile program, and how easy it would be to just smuggle in a nuke and bury it, just in case.

I'm on mostly the power side of the nuke world.

However this means little until we have more information.

Most likely it means upgrading delivery and defense as we have to work within treatises.

Thank you sir. I'm all for whatever keeps our nukes "useful". Not so much for creating thousands more of them.

The bizarre part is the doublespeak around Russia. I know that we're in too deep to back down- that's Russia's job and economic realities will probably force them to back down. I'm not talking about what our response should be, because that's completely obvious. I think the next terrible line of rationalization taken by the Drumpf crew will be "keep your enemies closer" or some such nonsense.

They will never back down.

One their culture is not one to give up and their military is the only decent jobs available, only industry and forefront of tech and manufacturing they have left.

They will always bark loud and have weapons to back it up.

7000 seems like plenty. What do I know though?

You're literally just as qualified as The Donald to be speaking about nuclear proliferation.

No..... wait....

He's had 3 presidential briefings now, so technically he is slightly more qualified than you are.

Why dont we call for another space race instead?

We dont need another cold war

FUCK IT, why dont we revamp the star wars program

Why dont we call for another space race instead?

We dont need another cold war

NASA are already working on a massive fuck off rocket that's going to be bigger than the Saturn V. First Launch is supposed to be in 2 years time. All Trump has to do is throw money at them and NASA will make america great again all by themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Launch_System

NASA are already working on a massive fuck off rocket that's going to be bigger than the Saturn V. First Launch is supposed to be in 2 years time. All Trump has to do is throw money at them and NASA will make america great again all by themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Launch_System

i'd call for the massive space race and call for putting the a base on the moon and being the first country to put a man on mar's

*looks at your country*

you should look what you british are making... look up the Skylon.

i'd call for the massive space race and call for putting the a base on the moon and being the first country to put a man on mar's

*looks at your country*

you should look what you british are making... look up the Skylon.

in many ways we are neglecting space like how the chinese neglected global trade. the accomplishments and temporary space race is a lot like china's first forray into global trade. if you read about zheng he voyages and if china kept building ships instead of giving up on it, world history would be completely different.

Back