Don’t know why Ilia is being counted out against Max

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don’t blame people for being prisoners to the moment and Max’s fight with Gaethje is an all timer but it makes no sense to think that Max destroys Ilia

I don’t think it’s likely that Max looks as good cutting back down to 145. He’s always looked good against Yair, Arnold, and KZ but he unlocked another level cutting less weight and putting on muscle. Ilia is better more well round, has more ko power, and is harder to hit

Id say its riding the high of last night's fireworks first and foremost, coupled with Max's quality of opposition/experience.

I don’t blame people for being prisoners to the moment and Max’s fight with Gaethje is an all timer but it makes no sense to think that Max destroys Ilia

I don’t think it’s likely that Max looks as good cutting back down to 145. He’s always looked good against Yair, Arnold, and KZ but he unlocked another level cutting less weight and putting on muscle. Ilia is better more well round, has more ko power, and is harder to hit

You're asking a question you already know the answer to.

Whatever happened yesterday is the most important thing that ever happened. Remember someone in the comments perplexed going 'how tf did Volk beat Max 3 times" like hes cinderella.

Unpopular opinion Max is better at 145 and Justin Gs 4 years older and not as good a point fighter as Dustin who came from 145 too.

Topuria shouldn't brawl with Max. Max hasn't really changed drastically as a fighter since he has fought Volk. It's a good performance but he did poke Justin in the eye a few times. That spinning back kick also took Justin out of the fight early on.

Topuria shouldn't brawl with Max. Max hasn't really changed drastically as a fighter since he has fought Volk. It's a good performance but he did poke Justin in the eye a few times. That spinning back kick also took Justin out of the fight early on.
that kick indeed. Epic.

It was great seeing Justin get a taste of his own medicine

I’d personally rather see him stay at 155. He looked pretty damn big in there with Justin and I think the cut will be easier on him and allow him to fight for longer.

Hand sanitizer boy is an even flukier champ than Matt Serra. Worst champ ever. Has 0
Chance of defending.

I haven't seen anyone counting Ilia out. I have seen people pumped up because of max's last performance, but not sure that's the same as counting ilia out.

Because Max is the BMF Champion... and the lineage of the BMF Belt dates back to King Leonidas of Sparta... far more prestigious than the 145 Belt :)

nobody's counting Ilia out. He should be a slight favorite because Max is coming back down from 155 lbs. (it's generally not good to go up and down in weight).

with that said, Iliya is 5'7 and his biggest asset is the power in his hands.

Max can eat shots from Gaethje.

Going to be interesting to see how Iliya handles a guy who can eat his punches and go 5 rounds while also towering over him in height.

Ilia won't just stand the entire time, he has a better all around game than Max. Justin forgot how to do anything except stand and bang.​

Back