Dog VS Coyote

I see them in my neighborhood periodically. They are so adaptable.

Coyotes breed more and have larger litters when they are hunted, which has resulted in their spread across the western hemisphere. Their success goes hand in hand with humans evolutionary expansion and successes

I never let them off lead. I'm not taking stupid chances with my dogs.

What I'm saying is that if a pack tried to take on both at once it's not likely to be a good day for the coyotes.

Coyotes range from 18 lbs to 50 lbs at biggest, so we are talking about Akitas - which are vicious killers - being anywhere from 2 to 4 times larger than a coyote with a bite force two to three times as powerful. Coyotes around here typically travel in packs of 4 to 8.

I posted on a 17k people Akita forum and asked about experiences with coyotes and their dogs. So far, out of probably 50 stories posted, no fatalities on the Akita side and plenty of dead coyotes. I shared one of those stories earlier. His Akita took out 4 all by himself.

This isn't ego. It is people sharing their first hand experience. You're sharing zero experience. Therefore I'll believe the first hand stories I'm hearing from all of those people over your concerns.

That doesn't mean I will ignore your warning. As I said, my dogs do not go out alone or off lead. I'm not sending my dogs out to hunt coyotes. I'm not so stupid as to put my dogs in unnecessary risk, even if i believe they'll be able to handle the threat. I was more just interested in hearing stories to gauge how concerned I should be about coyotes taking out my dogs if they're out back together without me. The stories I'm hearing seem to indicate there is little to worry about.
I have experience with Akita’s , and with Coyotes but not with them together.

all I’m saying is I wouldn’t take risks because some fan boys on a forum have an over inflated ego about how bad ass they think their DOGS are, if put into a situation with a pack of Wild animals. 4 coyotes isn’t a pack. I’ve seen them in groups of over 20 around here.

I have a 100lb catahoula curr, and there is no doubt he could handle a coyote or 2, but the biggest threats are unessesary infection from cuts, injuries etc and other crap they carry.

And the other 18 you might not see that are just around the corner..

Some dogs were specifically bred to combat wild animals though.

I mean ofc don't take the chance if you don't have to, but still.
Yes, like my dog. It’s a Catahoula curr, my hunting buddy and family protector.

But that doesn’t mean I’ll drop my gaurd and think it’s super dog and can kill a pack of wild animals known to roam in big ass packs and call in backup when needed.

A rimber wolf/pitbull mix?!

You better show some pictures, that dog must've looked awesome and fairly unique!
I’ve discussed on here before how I came into possetion of her, but sadly I’d have to look for old 5x6’s etc and scan them.

Long story short a buddy raises timber wolves for reintroduction projects.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_reintroduction

Anyway there was a runt born that they took into the house to bottle feed and it got used to living inside with the family pit and Doberman.

The pit eventually knocked it up, and my buddy had no idea what to do with the litter so he gave them to a few close friends and we could not tell people what it was etc.

Dog was beautiful and the most loyal animal I’ve ever owned. And a complete fucking badass when she needed to be.

Best hunting dog I ever raised.

Been trying to tell people this for years. You can’t just go out and get a “game pit” if you decide you want one one day.
I can, but the people I would get them from are involved in numerous illegal activities also and wouldn’t make good pets anyway.

I’ve discussed on here before how I came into possetion of her, but sadly I’d have to look for old 5x6’s etc and scan them.

Long story short a buddy raises timber wolves for reintroduction projects.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_reintroduction

Anyway there was a runt born that they took into the house to bottle feed and it got used to living inside with the family pit and Doberman.

The pit eventually knocked it up, and my buddy had no idea what to do with the litter so he gave them to a few close friends and we could not tell people what it was etc.

Dog was beautiful and the most loyal animal I’ve ever owned. And a complete fucking badass when she needed to be.

Best hunting dog I ever raised.
Haha, doesn't surprise me to hear a story this unusual about a dog this unusual!

If you ever scan pictures or take photos of them then hit me up, would love to see that dog.

My dog chases coyotes all the time but they run away very fast and can jump really high.

Pretty funny since my dog doesn't understand. He's like "Hey, wait a minute I just wanna sniff your ass!"

I’ve killed a lot of coyotes in my time. P4p I don’t think they’re nearly as viscous as foxes.
That's funny you say that. I've hunted predators most of my life, and I'll agree that if Grey Foxes were the size Rotwielers they would rule the world. How such a little animal can carry such aggression is beyond me.

I've decided it's my duty to train my dogs to kill coyotes for what they're doing on the southern border...

FB_IMG_1604254423478.jpg

They definitely aren't. Coyotes are pack animals who work more like hyenas when they hunt. Foxes are solitary killing machines.
Ever notice how much more attractive y athletico solitary hunters are then pack hunters are?

That's funny you say that. I've hunted predators most of my life, and I'll agree that if Grey Foxes were the size Rotwielers they would rule the world. How such a little animal can carry such aggression is beyond me.

Swiper was pretty badass.

Back