Dog VS Coyote

around here coyotes are known to trick campers dogs into thinking they are friendly. one coyote will come near camp and play bow etc and pull the dog out into the desert where the rest of them will and eat the dog.

my understanding is that its very rare for one coyote to be hunting so anybodies dog has to deal with more than one enemy.

around here coyotes are known to trick campers dogs into thinking they are friendly. one coyote will come near camp and play bow etc and pull the dog out into the desert where the rest of them will and eat the dog.

my understanding is that its very rare for one coyote to be hunting so anybodies dog has to deal with more than one enemy.

This is one reason why I say my boy is the anti-coyote. Akitas, and my boy in particular, are VERY unwelcoming to other dogs. That sneaky shit won't work. The Akita is just going to want to dominate.20230327_184726.jpg

Kinda like this, minus the sympathetic message at the end. Coyotes are the fleas of open range, they are the scourge of American ranching, and like any termite or roach they must be terminated. To dispute this would put this varmints needs above you and yours.

Personally I dont hunt Coyotes with dogs, because I dont want to see my own catch some filth disease from those animals, but I really enjoy sending a bullet at 4000ft per second to that devil dogs ear hole.
You don't sound fucked in the head at all.

I know a few people that hunt coyotes with dogs. They have a Greyhound ride in the back of the truck, with 2 or 3 pitbull/mutts in a dog box. Then the hunter cruises county road looking for Coyotes. When the driver spots a Coyote standing in a pasture, the Greyhound will jump out and give chase (They hunt by sight, which is why they chase a fake rabbit around a track when racing). As fast as a Coyote is a Greyhound is faster. Then the hunter opens the dog box and releases the Pitbull/mutt, they are slower and wouldn't catch up to the Coyote, except by this time the Greyhound has already caught up to the Coyote, and will bay it until the Pitbulls get there to maul the Coyote to death.

It's a savage form of hunting, and quite fucked up, but Coyotes do tremendous amounts of damage to the ranching/livestock industry, so fuck em. Personally for damage control I generally just call Coyotes in and send a .22-250 pill thier way as an arrival gift.

The other day in a store, I saw what looked like a giant wolf some asshole brought into the store. If that thing wanted to eat someone, I doubt the owner could stop it.

Yep. I'm well into city limits and I saw two out last week.

Never realized that Akita vs Coyote fan fic is such a big thing.

No, but here's what the remnants of a deer kill looks like up close.

EWBhX98.jpg

Cvojy3B.jpg
s4YNjon
s4YNjon.jpg

Happened upon that not far off of a private trail, like 5 winters or so ago. It had been killed the night before, for sure. There track was everywhere. They have better success hunting fully grown deer when there's snow on the ground, as the deer tire out faster fighting through it. The coyotes are light by comparison, so it doesn't effect them as much. That said, they ran this deer into a deadfall where they trapped it.

My boy: The Anti-Coyote machine

View attachment 1003272

View attachment 1003271

I was at a park one day with my male Akita on a leash and a guy with a Great Dane off leash let his dog run up on us. My boy growled at it and I told the guy that my dog is an Akita and isn't very dog friendly. He replied that his dog is nice but if my Akita does something mean his Dane would set him straight because the Dane was bigger than my Akita. A second time it ran up on us and my boy growled again. The third time was the final time and my boy jumped up, tackled the Great Dane to the ground and had a hold of the back of its neck before I could even move. He started to shake and the Dane was howling and I yanked my dog away by the collar as fast and hard as I could. I got him off of the GD. Luckily this all happened in a total of 2-3 seconds so no damage was done. It was the first time I'd seen my dog go off to that level and I was a bit unnerved by it.

The good thing with Akitas is they carry those protective instincts from birth. Not every breed is geared like that as far as a dog knowing how to defend themselves/owner if backed into a corner. In the home I have seen my male get upset before when a person started getting loud verbally and doggo perceived it as a threat. They do not hesitate and are willing to strike fast

All the coyotes I've encountered have been extremely skittish, I'd bet heavily on almost any dog the same size.

Coyotes are not designed for fighting, they're good for catching small prey like mice and rabbits.

I could see one taking down a deer but that's only because deer are huge pussies that basically exist to be an easy meal.

They're pussies but I believe they can throw down if they have to.

The good thing with Akitas is they carry those protective instincts from birth. Not every breed is geared like that as far as a dog knowing how to defend themselves/owner if backed into a corner. In the home I have seen my male get upset before when a person started getting loud verbally and doggo perceived it as a threat. They do not hesitate and are willing to strike fast

Very true. I had both of mine with me at a public outdoor event. We sat at a table and my Akitas just chilled. But when a dog came straight towards us and not just passing by - which happened THREE TIMES - they both jumped up and got between myself and the approaching dog, growling and all. However dogs just passing by paying us no mind, they don't care about. Just instinctually they read the situation and judge when they feel they need to protect.

Mine also do not like it in my house when voices are raised. Even if it's just my family and we are joking around or telling a story with enthusiasm, they'll come into the room to check out what's going on and you can tell they don't like it.

I had a GSD once, and it was nothing like this.

FB_IMG_1680740093747.jpg .

No, but here's what the remnants of a deer kill looks like up close.

EWBhX98.jpg

Cvojy3B.jpg
s4YNjon
s4YNjon.jpg

Happened upon that not far off of a private trail, like 5 winters or so ago. It had been killed the night before, for sure. There track was everywhere. They have better success hunting fully grown deer when there's snow on the ground, as the deer tire out faster fighting through it. The coyotes are light by comparison, so it doesn't effect them as much. That said, they ran this deer into a deadfall where they trapped it.

Same thing behind our house. Came across this, which the coyotes fed on for some time until it was just bones left.

received_531097785607788.jpeg

received_836898497544991.jpeg

Back