Does Matt Brown Deserve A Title Shot?

Brown is like a standup version Sonnen, in your face pressure but both have problems with submissions defense (at least in the past)

He has to beat a contender first, he had a fight with Condit, that fight would have put him in line. he still doesn't have the marquee fight to put him in the number 1 spot.

No, beat one person in the top 10 and I'm fine with it, not until then.

I like Matt, and he def. deserves a number one contender fight. George sot. Was on a 6 fight win streak not that long ago...

I wouldnt be opposed to it. I think hes got a shot at beating Johny and a Hendricks/Brown fight is more interesting than a fight with MacDonald or Woodley imo. But i'd also like to see him fight the winner of Ellenberger/Lawler. That would really prove if hes legit or not

No, he has beat no one of worth, when Fitch was on that long streak he at least beat top 5/10 talent. Brown has beat borderline top 15 people and wants a title shot.

We have seen people get title shots for less..

I say HELL YEA!!!

Give him a shot. He might be the next ww superstar in the ufc

I'm sure half the people screaming "no, he just beat Silva who shouldn't even be in the UFC", probably the same people yesterday saying Silva is a monster and will destroy brown.

Yes, because it would be funny to watch Tyron Woodley get more butthurt

I love Matt Brown as a fighter. Huge fan of the guy as a person too. I saw him KO Pyle in 30 seconds live in Boston and god damn it was epic.

That being said, I think he should have to beat a guy in the top 5 next... and if (more like when) he does, then give him the next title shot for sure.

I'd love to see Matt Brown vs Robbie Lawler sometime in the future. That would be a ridiculous fight! Welterweight is so awesome right now. By far the most interesting division IMO, the top 10 is just a shark tank of guys who always put on great fights and have tons of skill.

Seven in a row, with six KO....the last five by KO. Say what you will about the names, but Erick Silva, Jordan Mein, Mike Swick, and Stephen Thompson aren't chumps.

Nobody else at WW has this kind of streak going. Whoever wins Woodley-MacDonald will still have a bad loss less than four fights ago. Tyron barely got by Jordan Mein (TKO'd by Brown), got merked by Nate Marquardt, and lost to Jake Shields. KOing whatever is left of Josh Koscheck, getting lucky against Condit, and beating Mr. PlayItSafe shouldn't earn you a title shot in any just fucking universe. And speaking of Rory, here's his last three: a putrid UD over Ellenberger, a loss to Lawler that exposed him as a guy who can't handle constant pressure (whoever scored that fight for Rory should be banned from judging), and a ho-hum decision against Maia. The only reason anybody wants him in a title fight is the ridiculous amount of hype that has surrounded him since he was like, 12......

Johny Hendricks earned a title shot with a six-fight streak that featured three KOs, and three decisions that many believed he didn't deserve (personally, I thought he should have lost to Condit....but that's because I'm not gay for takedowns like every fucking MMA judge ever....). Half those wins came against career opponents (Waldburger, Pierce, Kampmann). You can't look at me with a straight fucking face and tell me that Matt's current streak isn't at least as impressive--if not more impressive--than that.

Besides, when was the last time you saw Matt in a boring fight? How fucking easy would it be to promote Brown-Hendricks (classic underdog story, FTW!!)?

How on Earth can anybody vote no here?

Back