Does Matt Brown Deserve A Title Shot?

Nope it's a great streak but no top fighters on that list. But hey if it'll sell he'll get the shot.

Brown is not going to be as exciting when he starts fighting top guys. You want exciting Matt Brown fights, keep it at the 10-20 ranked guys.

He's on an amazing streak, and he looked great. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. He beat Erick Silva.

Fuck it. Why not?

Or put him against Robbie

Or Nick Diaz.

Or a herd of Bull Elephants

I'm a Dan Hardy fan... Therefore of course he does.

7 fight streak. Many good fighters on the list. Would be a big seller. He is on a tear. Would be a good Fight. Good backing story. Book it.

the way he fought wasnt try and hold someone for 5 rounds he just went out and fight and that shud earn him a title shot

He deserves it more than anyone else at welterweight. The rankings are bullshit anyway

Wtf? If Brown deserves a shot for that, Dong deserves two. Christ, sherdog.

LOL@getting a title shot by beating a guy ranked below you and not having a single top ten win.

Clearly not. To many contenders up there with better wins. I would say he is up for a title eliminator though.

He survived getting dropped, and he survived an RNC attempt. From that point on I the first round he was fighting a punching bag.

It sucks that his fight with condit fell off. He is indeed in a 7 fight winning streak with 5 finishes in a row which is really impressive at WW, but no one should be getting a tittle shot without having a single top 10 win, specially considering how stacked WW is at the moment. That being said, I say give him a #1 contender fight against a top 5 guy and see if he belongs at the top.

yes, idc if he hasn't beaten a top 10 guy imagine him fighting Hendricks, that'd be fucking crazy

Matt Brown is one of my favorite fighters, and I'd be cool with him getting a title shot, BUT I think he should probably fight a top 5 guy first. I'll be rooting for him all teh way, unless he fights Ellenberger in which case I won't know who to root for becasue I like them both a lot.

Back