Does Matt Brown Deserve A Title Shot?

Woodley is closest if you ask me, and if he can beat Mcdonald, then its hands down Woodley.

But Brown is definitely next in line after that. Would love to see Brown vs Diaz in the meantime.

Absolutely not.. The UFC has come a long way since GIVING AWAY title shots..

He has 0 top 10 W.. Yes he does have some good W against top 20 guys but that's not enough.. And looking at the UFC top 10 WW I would favor everyone of those guys over Matt Brown in a fight.. I especially think he would struggle vs some of these shorter wrestlers like Woodley and Ellenberger..

I would love to see him fight a top 10 guy like DHK.. If no one is available then maybe Thiago Alves that would be fun!!

Brown is not going to be as exciting when he starts fighting top guys. You want exciting Matt Brown fights, keep it at the 10-20 ranked guys.

good point - Brown has an impressive streak going, but his best win is against the number #14 fighter. even if the official rankings aren't authoritative, Erick Silva has never really been regarded as in the top-10 by any credible source. simply put, Brown is good - his streak proves that - but we seriously don't know how good he is, and whether he can hang with the top of the division, because he's never beat anyone remotely near title contention. he's beaten up on some lower-ranked fighters, and impressively at that in his display of heart and perseverance, but it's not like he walked through everyone unscathed.

WW is way too stacked for Brown to be near title contention - the quality of competition HAS to matter. give Brown a top-5 fighter next. he's certainly deserved that. but a title shot is ridiculous.

great win for Brown, a very exciting performance and a great display of heart of which he should be proud. but personally i think Brown gets destroyed by Ellenberger, Lawler, Woodley, Condit, Hendricks, etc..i think Lombard beats him down, as long as he doesn't gas and have bad fight IQ, and i think Rory tools him too, as long as he fights smart.

If Brown got a title shot, it would be one of the least deserved ones in history. Has he even faced a top 10 fighter, yet?

If he can beat Dong or Lombard, then sure.

It depends on how the rest of the WW scene plays out, but I feel like WAY too many people are blaming Brown for UFC match-making. He hasn't been turning down any fights, and has defeated the last 7 opponents he fought. He signed to Condit, but ended up putting his back out; that can't be helped.

I'd be happy to see him get the fight though.

This fight just made Matt Brown a star. The UFC can hype the hell out of Brown vs. Hendricks. The UFC needs to strike while the iron is hot and make this the next title fight.

huge fan of brown and that fight was entertaining as hell, but no. but would love to see him get a top 5 guy next for next shot at title, he at least deserves that.

i wouldn't even be mad. All the guys in front of him has lost recently and there's no real clear contender.

If he deserves a title shot after beating Silva, then Kim deserves one too.
Make it happen!
Kim vs Brown

Does he deserve it, in my opinion, based on who he fought: No.
Will the UFC give him the title shot if plenty people ask for it: Yes.

So many title shots have been giving, UFC is like Santa sometimes..

He never fails to entertain us with his brutal striking and submissions. 7 fight win streak. Brown deserves the shot more than anyone else at WW in my opinion.

Some say beneath Matt Brown's beard lies another elbow..

Depends how long Hendricks is out... Likely I see winner of Rory/Woodley vs Brown. As much as I like him and a 7 fight win streak is impressive, the division is too stacked to jump that far in line.

Not yet. Maybe Tarec once he's good to fight. I wouldn't mind Lombard Brown if Lombard is willing to wait that long

Kim vs Brown II in September in Japan sounds nice also.

I'd rather see him fight top 5 first.

More than Erick Silva deserved Matt Brown in the first place..

He still needs a few top 10wins

one top 5 win and he is primed for a title shot, that will be 8 wins in a row, no one goes on an 8 win tear with no title shot, let alone 9 if he has to fight another top 5 guy after his next fight.

Back