Does Matt Brown Deserve A Title Shot?

Wow, so many said yes.

Hell no he doesn't deserve a shot based on what he has done. Maybe he should get one top 10 win first?

Ill make 100 accounts on sherdog just to make that 'YES' margin bigger

No, he needs to beat one of the top contends at ww. He's on a great streak, but the Dong also stopped Silva.

He was almost exposed tonight, he will be exposed by a top 5 welter. Don't get me wrong, the guy bangs and he'll get you outta there if you try to fight his fight, but he has some transparent weaknesses.

I don't think he can do what he did to Silva against any of the guys at the top. Silva was and still is a flawed fighter, just like Brown.

7 consecutive wins... Yes. Or possibly one more. At most.

Brown needs to go through Condit before he ever gets CLOSE to being considered for a title shot.

I think most fighters in the top 10 slaughter Brown and serve him up for dinner.

Anyone in the top 5 wrecks him.

Give him a top 10 fight, then a title eliminator if he gets past that.

I think honestly anyone in the top 10 does. That susceptibility to body shots is just too damn glaring at this point and I can't see anyone else not capitalizing on it.

Was it a fun fight? Hell yeah. It was a battle. A FOTY candidate for sure. Did it have me screaming at the TV? Fucking a. Did it make me accidentally smack my TV and send it smashing onto the tile floor and breaking the screen into a thousand pieces? Yep, and I missed the ending of the fight. So, NO, fuck that, he doesn't get a title shot. God damn this is bullshit.

yea hes looked better than woodley, rory and lombard. give him the belt

I think honestly anyone in the top 10 does. That susceptibility to body shots is just too damn glaring at this point and I can't see anyone else not capitalizing on it.

Silva tried to capitalize on it. Didn't work out for him. Aside from Lawler and Lombard, who the fuck can actually capitalize on it without taking serious damage? Your statement implies that every top 10 WW has excellent body kicks and liver punches and can deliver them elusively. lol

Silva tried to capitalize on it. Didn't work out for him.

Nah, he didn't. He didn't seem to realize at all that anything he threw at Brown's body was hurting him and didn't consistently attempt anything to the body.

If he had really focused on the body, he'd have finished.

Voted no, he's one solid win away imo
Give'm lombard/dhk/saffedine.......wins then I see a solid contender

Back