Does DDP have star potential?

Do not fighter bash, my #UFCFriend. Maybe was become yellow card or two or otherwise.

Also, I think you was maybe not understand my American Blue Collar English of mine since you was in Canada, but when we was saying "unsheathing the sword of bigotry" wasn't mean you are bigot, but that we was all having these sword and was unsheathe them for use in time from time. It was part of our #BlueCollarCulture that we was point this out, so that all our mind remain strong.

#Community #Communication #PeaceBeWithYou

Ok, I sincerely apologize. I thought you meant I was the bigot. Anyway, if I misread then I apologize. I deleted my comment as it was all a misunderstanding.

Yeah, you are a Strickland fan. Nuff said. I have heard Strickland many times and you don't have to be revisionist here. I can listen and directly what he said so you parsing through it does not change the fact for me, he is a homophobe.

Yes, I am and I am also a Dricus fan and fan of most fighters, gay, bi or straight. i'm actually tolerant of diversity.

First off, the dude you originally quoted is not Strickland. So just him saying Dricus is gay doesn't mean he is just parroting Strickland. It's a conclussion people will come to on their own if you kiss other men, whether that is the right conclussion or not. But you seem to really want to label people and put them in neat little boxes, so you can make generalizing/stereotyping comments about them and dismiss their whole opinions based on the stereotype you created in your head. In this case the label/box is Strickland fans. It's pretty common behavior on here though, but it's also the same kind of thinking that actually leads to all the -isms/phobia.

Last edited:

If Conor & Brock are stars, who qualifies as a superstar?
there are only stars. superstar, mega superstar, ultra mega superstar........ just nonsense. you are either a star or you are just an mma fighter, you can be a mma champion, but that does not make you a star. as my opening statement says. stars transcend mma. if you dont then you are not one. but if you would like for there to be another label as superstar then conor would be the only one as he is the only star to be worth over 100M dollars.

I see through your Anti-American narratives, WokeWarrior. You was move up in Uncle Sam P4P terrorist list. Next to Ariel Helwani and Dictator CEO/American sell-out Ari Emanuel

im about the truth no matter how harsh it is. Strickland & DDP are both bad people
its just ones more honest than the other. but because of stricklands inconsistencies lately with the Macho tuff
bigoted stuff TO then now opening up crying and trying to censor trash talk It blemishes his Super Bad boy Credibility,
it still doesnt take away from him being despicable but its venturing towards colby levels. which
propels DDP as lead heel. the thing with ddp is is that he does the heel stuff almost too effortlessly. like giving mma guru credibility,
like why would you do that. or jumping out the cage excited to meet the orange guy, and the list goes on. but he does it so lokey you wont even
catch it.

also it would be a Super bad bad look if DDP won and the ufc
suddenly invests heavily promotes him. cause thats when sh1ts really gonna hit the fan.

which goes to my first point in why DDP should have played it cool from jump.
the mma community of course wont get it but if any outsiders/ mainstream casuals get wind
..... not even mentioning how Dana did Francis YIKES.

Last edited:
He reminds of a throwback to 1970s athletes, like maybe Jerry Quarry. He does more trash talking, but that's because it's more of the norm now. But he's not the F-bomb throwing, tattoed-all over MMA fighter that's become so common.

we have a corporate culture right now ramming lgbtq down our throats.

ufc is partially owned by disney which always cast an lgbtq character in their movies.

ddp would be the firsrt lgbtq champion in ufc history. i know people are sick of it, but it be huge marketing and media attention for ufc.

Never.

The biggest reasons are his look, and his name. Let's examine both.

He looks like a guy who should be in a men's cologne ad as a model. There's an upward limit to how good looking a fighter should be. Past a certain point, the two things just don't mesh well. Men are the primary audience for combat sports and we like our athletes to look like tough guys, not GQ interviewees. He could probably fix this by getting some good inkwork on his arms, but he doesn't seem like the type.

His name is downright unfortunate. Dricus Du Plessis is a name that strikes fear into the heart of no one. Every time I hear it, I think of 'pussy', and I know I'm not the only one. "Stillknocks" is also an absolutely terrible nickname that doesn't explain itself well. What the fuck does it even mean?

Bonus round: White South Africans just have an image problem in general. It's not their fault that their country has a sordid past as far as the rest of the world is concerned, but that's the state of things.

Yes but his fighting style isn't sustainable. He better win while he's in his prime because as soon as he'll slow down just a little bit, the downfall will be nasty.

Im saying this because of his lack of fundementals.

Weird because every time I see him, I see someone who has incredibly solid fundamentals.

Very reminiscent of GSP in many ways.

What do you think? He has a super entertaining fight style, finishes almost everyone and he has been in a few feuds already with Sean and Izzy. He can also talk trash well and has no problems saying some cold shit.
If he wins at 297, do you see him being a star? Not on the level of Conor but maybe Izzy level?
If he shows any star potential the UFC won't allow him to fight again.

They don't want stars.

Never.

He looks like a guy who should be in a men's cologne ad as a model. There's an upward limit to how good looking a fighter should be. Past a certain point, the two things just don't mesh well. Men are the primary audience for combat sports and we like our athletes to look like tough guys, not GQ interviewees. He could probably fix this by getting some good inkwork on his arms, but he doesn't seem like the type.

His name is downright unfortunate. Dricus Du Plessis is a name that strikes fear into the heart of no one. Every time I hear it, I think of 'pussy', and I know I'm not the only one. "Stillknocks" is also an absolutely terrible nickname that doesn't explain itself well. What the fuck does it even mean?

Bonus round:
ok the only/ main blunder with DDP being a star within the MMA targeted atmosphere is

1705201730643.png1705201644781.png
but other than that hes good to go. Mainstream wise no
Secondly DDP is not that attractive nor handsome enough to make other men jealous.
1705201258718.png
i cant believe im saying this but I dare say strickland looked way more like an
ad model and would of been WAY MORE popular with females
and certain types of guys than ddp ever would.

1705201429503.png1705201339697.png

Also DDP is bad azz name he could fuse the original WCW DDP and make a whole new twist too it.
also Dricus in itself isnt too bad of a name. his last name is funny but he could just go by DDP or Dricus.
Dricus sounds like a Gladiator Name...
and with that said as long as he tows the line he could get popular within the mma sphere very easily if he changes his strategy.
stop kissing men , talks more. hangs out with mma guru , or with elon trump nelk boys etc etc.
hes in the right space....

Last edited:
Never.

Bonus round:
White South Africans just have an image problem in general.
<23><escalate99><EdgyBrah>
It's not their fault that their country has a sordid past as far as the rest of the world is concerned, but that's the state of things.
<LikeReally5><AckbarTrap>

he is a likable alpha, I think he will be a star as a champion.

Kinda crazy we're discussing this. One year ago and most (including me) thought he'd never even get a contender fight.
Crazy.
Not only that, i don’t think he’s charismatic at all, so people will not tune in for him, specially after he’ll lose a few fights.

Man...

You gotta understand... Not everyone can or SHOULD be a fundamental fighter.

They got crazy physical attributes that transcend the way you are supposed to do shit.

He naturally fights a certain way and he uses that to his advantage.

RJJ had a full career with his crazy ass style. Yes when his speed and reflexes started to go he ran into problems but he could have retired on top and had a full career as a multi weight champion. Lack of fundamentals does not have to be a be all end all ESPECIALLY in MMA.
RJJ still was 100 times more technical then Driscus, he wings punches and hopes for the best. He is terribly not inefficient and he gassed out easily, gets hit alot clean, and is very very inaccurate but high volume. And he doesn't react well to getting hit clean, almost got finished by Darren and Brunson.
Still more skilled then Hill but still.

What do you think? He has a super entertaining fight style, finishes almost everyone and he has been in a few feuds already with Sean and Izzy. He can also talk trash well and has no problems saying some cold shit.
If he wins at 297, do you see him being a star? Not on the level of Conor but maybe Izzy level?
Hell yes!

He is exciting, dynamic, he goes for the finish, got the finish in every UFC fight so far (except one), he is a good looking dude, he is smart, refreshingly honest, and he doesn't mind getting into some verbal (& physical!) dustups outside the cage.

He is I think one of the most exciting UFC guys right now. Him and Benoit Saint Denis are 2 of the best, likely stars.

If Dricus wins against Strickland next Saturday that will really catapult him forward. I would expect a fight then DDP vs Adesanya.

Even if Dricus loses against Sean, his star is still in the ascendency and he will be back and more determined than ever, I bet.

I like both Strickland and du Plessis, so am good with whoever wins next weekend.

brother i though i was the only one seeing him as a handome man no homo
with these african genetics he is fooling us that he is gassing
africans have great cardio

Hot bod
Big pecs
beautiful smooth skin
Ideal nipple placement
Strong jawline
Bull energy
Snappy dresser

What's not to like

PS I'm straight

I think he's a great fighter, he took care of Whittaker with aplomb and he should be a good chance against Strickland

All it takes is like one press conference or post fight to turn shit around. Thats why these guys cant waste oppurtunities and airtime like that.
Finishing Whitaker got him the shot, not theatrics.

Back