Does DDP have star potential?

my definition of a star is someone who can transcend mma. conor, jones, gsp, brock lesnar, and hell even daniel cormier did a popeyes commercial. no one in the UFC right now is a star. no one transcends MMA. they tried to push others to that level anthony pettis on the wheaties box....outside of mma no one knows who pettis is, they tried to push cody no love he was also later in some dick pill commercial, but again no one knows who this guy is outside of mma. the UFC has zero clue to how to market their own fighters. you have to market yourself. even the self marketed "stars" like izzy and omalley who have really nice social media following have dwarf ppv sales in comparision to the actual stars on average izzy is about 200k sales lower than gsp and jones. 700k lower than mcgregor. izzy might have a big anime fan base. but only for liking anime not for actually writing it or drawing it. so he is just a high status fan. most high status fans gt the same treatment. so outside of mma and anime no one knows who izzy is. omalley as we have heard from sterling isnt a draw as sterlings ppv check he said was complete shit. so with that being said no DDP is not and will not be a star. he will only ever be well known by fans of MMA. out of all the modern fighters izzy had the best chance, but never hit that level. DDP wont even hit izzys level of fame, much less jones and GSPs. mcgegor level stardom isnt even a reality.

Last edited:
He is not gay. You are buying into Strickland's homophobia a bit too much. Also, it is very clear in how you say by some chance as if Dricus has no chance.

This promo says it all about his star power and charisma

Why was you so against the gays that you was refusing to let the #AfricanKing become one?

I was hoping you find in your heart to sheath your swords of #Bigotry and leave him alone.

#Shame on you. Sending many love your way to break the chains of Canadan Combat Press #FalseNarratives which bind you.

#PeaceBeWithYou and God bless.

Before all is said and done Dricus Du Plessie will have United the entire Continent of Africa under his rule.

Strong facial/physical features, big dude for the division, fights hard, has exciting fights, etc…
If he decides to be straight man to Strickland and Izzy’s basket case personas, he could become the next GSP type of good guy that everyone would root for.

Considering that his Afrikaner community is shrinking so quickly, I’d be rather surprised if he gets much traction at home; but may do well by leaning into the historical similarities of his own community and other former commonwealth countries like Australia, Canada, USA (I know, colonies,) etc…

Semi-related, hanging out with a bunch of Dutch kickboxers and maybe emphasizing the historical connections, etc… could be a two birds one stone scenario.

All that said, he doesn’t seem to want to emphasize his Afrikaner heritage; so maybe that’s not a route that he wants to take.

my definition of a star is someone who can transcend mma. conor, jones, gsp, brock lesnar, and hell even daniel cormier did a popeyes commercial. no one in the UFC right now is a star. no one transcends MMA. they tried to push others to that level anthony pettis on the wheaties box....outside of mma no one knows who pettis is, they tried to push cody no love he was also later in some dick pill commercial, but again no one knows who this guy is outside of mma. the UFC has zero clue to how to market their own fighters. you have to market yourself. even the self marketed "stars" like izzy and omalley who have really nice social media following have dwarf ppv sales in comparision to the actual stars on average izzy is about 200k sales lower than gsp and jones. 700k lower than mcgregor. izzy might have a big anime fan base. but only for liking anime not for actually writing it or drawing it. so he is just a high status fan. most high status fans gt the same treatment. so outside of mma and anime no one knows who izzy is. omalley as we have heard from sterling isnt a draw as sterlings ppv check he said was complete shit. so with that being said no DDP is not and will not be a star. he will only ever be well known by fans of MMA. out of all the modern fighters izzy had the best chance, but never hit that level. DDP wont even hit izzys level of fame, much less jones and GSPs. mcgegor level stardom isnt even a reality.
If Conor & Brock are stars, who qualifies as a superstar?

Yep

Extremely exciting fight style

Finisher

Charismatic

Unique/interesting personality/character

Sexy as hell

Star? Maybe, probably not. He's got one great win, and the question is if that was just a perfect match up or if he really does have the skills. Even if he is extremely skilled, I don't think he'll ever become a "star". Can he sell PPVs? Sure, if his skills are there, but he won't be a "star".

I didn't realize he was still a thing.

diamond-dallas-page-c.jpg

Don't accuse me of bigotry for calling out something that is plain false. All facts point to the fact that Dricus is not gay. Making Dricus gay is to spread hate like Strickland does by casting a negative light via homophobia. Dude, you completely did not read my post or simply you don't understand what I wrote. Instead of me calling him out for homophobia, you turned your guns towards me. I don't care what Dricus orientation is. Amanda Nunes is by far the GOAT of WMMA and anyone who has seen my posts, she is one of my most favorite MMA fighter. I put several haters in place who hated her for being gay and that she had man like power because she was gay. I have said it many times, how someone decides to lead his/her life, is none of my business as long as they are happy as I don't walk in their shoes.

I was calling the other person out for his homophobia and it is clearly spelled out in my banter with him. Why? Because I know Strickland is homophobic and the undertones in his post were homophobic to cast Dricus in not a good light using Strickland's narrative of 'I hate gays' and called Dricus a homophobic slur several times.

The fact is, Dricus is not gay and that was the point I was making. He has a girlfriend and I posted a video of the coach kissing thing being an African cultural thing where it is explained by Dricus' team mate. It does not matter whether Dricus is gay or not, but all actual facts other than Strickland's hate filled comments, point to the fact that he is straight and has a girlfriend. Next time, instead of accusing someone of such personal hateful comments, at least have the courtesy to clarify with the person and give the other person a reasonable doubt.

😂 you are either a clever troll (doubtful) or an actual regard for responding this emphatically to an obvious troll

😂 you are either a clever troll (doubtful) or an actual regard for responding this emphatically to an obvious troll

All the points are spelled out very clearly in my post. You can make your own judgement from it.

Don't accuse me of bigotry for calling out something that is plain false. All facts point to the fact that Dricus is not gay. Making Dricus gay is to spread hate like Strickland does by casting a negative light via homophobia. Dude, you completely did not read my post or simply you don't understand what I wrote. Instead of me calling him out for homophobia, you turned your guns towards me. I don't care what Dricus orientation is. Amanda Nunes is by far the GOAT of WMMA and anyone who has seen my posts, she is one of my most favorite MMA fighter. I put several haters in place who hated her for being gay and that she had man like power because she was gay. I have said it many times, how someone decides to lead his/her life, is none of my business as long as they are happy as I don't walk in their shoes.

I was calling the other person out for his homophobia and it is clearly spelled out in my banter with him. Why? Because I know Strickland is homophobic and the undertones in his post were homophobic to cast Dricus in not a good light using Strickland's narrative of 'I hate gays' and called Dricus a homophobic slur several times.

The fact is, Dricus is not gay and that was the point I was making. He has a girlfriend and I posted a video of the coach kissing thing being an African cultural thing where it is explained by Dricus' team mate. It does not matter whether Dricus is gay or not, but all actual facts other than Strickland's hate filled comments, point to the fact that he is straight and has a girlfriend. Next time, instead of accusing someone of such personal hateful comments, at least have the courtesy to clarify with the person and give the other person a reasonable doubt.

You was make mention of South African culture, yet mention nothing of #BlueCollarCulture. Instead you was spread #FalseNarratives that Sean Tarzan was homophobic and fuel American hate. Blue Collar individual was use insult as friendly gesture of respect. Test one mental strength and help improve. But maybe you do not know this my #UFCFriend.

I was been in support in your dedication to #Inclusivity, though have you ask if you was being #Inclusive enough?

I was send many love your way as I know Canadan Combat Press was have many much strength in your home of Calgary.

Definitely, he is in a good division to build storylines and has a lot of the right tools.

Ah OK! Got it now. You are brainwashed Strickland fanboi because I called Strickland for homophobia and you tried to maliciously call me a bigot. Dude, you are a lowlife POS! Don't even get me started here. I won't even respond to you. I got it now. If you think Strickland after calling gay people 'fa***ots" and saying clearly on video 'I hate gays" is not a homophobe, you are just as despicable as he is. After accusing me of bigotry while pretending to turn away from the real homophobe, you really are someone I would not even find worth talking to.

Do not fighter bash, my #UFCFriend. Maybe was become yellow card or two or otherwise.

Also, I think you was maybe not understand my American Blue Collar English of mine since you was in Canada, but when we was saying "unsheathing the sword of bigotry" wasn't mean you are bigot, but that we was all having these sword and was unsheathe them for use in time from time. It was part of our #BlueCollarCulture that we was point this out, so that all our mind remain strong.

#Community #Communication #PeaceBeWithYou

Don't accuse me of bigotry for calling out someone over what was plain false and done with homophobic undertones. All facts point to the fact that Dricus is not gay. Why do you thbink Strickland kept calling Dricus a 'fa***ot'? It was to get homophobic people riled up against Dricus. Making Dricus gay is to spread hate like Strickland does by casting a negative light via homophobia. Dude, you completely did not read my post or simply you don't understand what I wrote. Instead of me calling him out for homophobia, you turned your guns towards me. I don't care what Dricus orientation is. Amanda Nunes is by far the GOAT of WMMA and anyone who has seen my posts, she is one of my most favorite MMA fighter. I always thought she represented the gay community extremely well and always showed class even against nasty people like Pena, Shevchenko etc. She put a beating on Pena in the 2nd fight for claiming Amanda Nunes was not a real mother. I put several haters in place who hated her for being gay and that she had man like power because she was gay. I have said it many times, how someone decides to lead his/her life, is none of my business as long as they are happy as I don't walk in their shoes.

Bruh, you don't think it's a little homophobic to automatically assume that if a hetero guy is called a homosexual that it has to be intended as an insult? and that the undertones you speak of might just be your own prejudice at work.

Also, Strickland has said plenty of times that he loves gay men.

All the points are spelled out very clearly in my post. You can make your own judgement from it.

After thorough evaluating the situation and considering your points, I have determined that Dricus is, without a doubt, a homosexual.

Bruh, you don't think it's a little homophobic to automatically assume that if a hetero guy is called a homosexual that it has to be intended as an insult? and that the undertones you speak of might just be your own prejudice at work.

Also, Strickland has said plenty of times that he loves gay men.

Yeah, you are a Strickland fan. Nuff said. I have heard Strickland many times and you don't have to be revisionist here. He was trying to do damage control. I can listen and directly what he said originally so you parsing through it does not change the fact for me, he is a homophobe.

Last edited:
Back