does chael retire after his fight with wand?

He'd be foolish to retire while there is still money on the table. Obviously if he loses to Silva, he should, but I don't think that's going to happen.

He's still one of the UFC's top 5 draws and until that changes, retirement should not even be on the table.

Not sure about him dropping back to MW though. He had a rough time with Bisping so I don't think he could hang with Kennedy, Rockhold, etc. And losing to one of those guys would give his rep a big hit. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonnen-Hendo.

I think Chael might retire because he is a genuinely nice guy and he will have the brutal beating he puts on Wanderlei on his conscience.

I think theres a chance he would if he loses to Wand.

But theres also a chance he calls out Anderson again as his retirement fight request.

He might retire cause he wants to go out w/a win. This is a bad match up
cause pretty much everyone knows wand can't stop sonnen'S TDS. AM NOT A SONNEN FAN!

Chael will keep going as long as there are money fights to be made.

And there will be money to be made after Sonnen wins. He double legged Wanderlei in flip flops for god sakes.

I believe he said he wanted Vitor next.

1-3 in LHW, losing to the champion and a top 3 fighter. Ok

And Babalu. Then ran to MW, again.

He also lost to Forrest and a low tier fighter beforehand.

Predictable. :icon_lol:

The excuse that he doesn't belong at LHW? sure it was predictable. That excuse is often used by fans of fighters who couldn't cut it at LHW.

lol at Wand TKO'ing Chael, Wand's wild style plays perfectly into Chael's double leg. This is going to 3 rounds of Chael dumping Wand on his head and busting him up. Wand isnt anywhere near the same league as prime Anderson or Bones at this late point in his career.

I wouldn't put it past UFC to make Anderson-Chael III at the end of the year for Anderson's comeback fight and maybe Chael'a retirement fight. He did as Anderson if he'd give him one last shot. Chael beats Wand though, bad fight for Wand.

Nah. Chael can still make big money by talking his way into and hyping big fights. He's got about 2 years left IMO. Why would he turn down that money when he is still pretty capable in the octagon?

If Chael loses in devastating fashion, it wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly chael needs to go to MW again. I just don't know if he can do it at his age.

I know it was originally, I haven't heard that it's changed but if it has then I guess I have Sonnen as a slight favorite by decision. If it's 3 rounds that's disappointing, I was looking forward to Sonnen getting tired from trying to take Wand down and keep him down then getting TKOed when Wanderlei gets back up or in the next round.

That wack if its a 3 round fight. Im also a big wand fan and a 3 round fight gives chael a big time advantage. Either way neither of them are going on a title runs after this fight, I feel like this should be wands last go and would like to see a 5 rounder.

That wack if its a 3 round fight. Im also a big wand fan and a 3 round fight gives chael a big time advantage. Either way neither of them are going on a title runs after this fight, I feel like this should be wands last go and would like to see a 5 rounder.

Me too, I would rather them move it to another card if that would allow it to be a 5 round fight, I don't see Sonnen being able to stay conscious against Wanderlei for 25 minutes. He had a close fight with Bisping who has identical TDD statistically and is almost as good at getting back up quickly as Wanderlei is.

I think Chael might retire because he is a genuinely nice guy and he will have the brutal beating he puts on Wanderlei on his conscience.

Lol at this, I'm pretty sure he wants to even up after the brutal beatings he took from Rashad and Jon Jones.

Lol at this, I'm pretty sure he wants to even up after the brutal beatings he took from Rashad and Jon Jones.

I wouldn't really call Chael's losses to Rashad and Jones brutal, he never lost consciousness. Now Wanderlei's loss to Leben, he was completely beaten unconscious in like 30 seconds...that's the epitome of brutal

I wouldn't really call Chael's losses to Rashad and Jones brutal, he never lost consciousness. Now Wanderlei's loss to Leben, he was completely beaten unconscious in like 30 seconds...that's the epitome of brutal

Yeah however wand doesn't fold like cheap suit when gets hit.

lol at Wand TKO'ing Chael, Wand's wild style plays perfectly into Chael's double leg. This is going to 3 rounds of Chael dumping Wand on his head and busting him up. Wand isnt anywhere near the same league as prime Anderson or Bones at this late point in his career.

2 outta 3 of wand last fights ended in brutal kos.

2 outta 3 of chael last fights ended in him getting tko

It's pretty obvious where this is going.

I wouldn't put it past UFC to make Anderson-Chael III at the end of the year for Anderson's comeback fight and maybe Chael'a retirement fight. He did as Anderson if he'd give him one last shot. Chael beats Wand though, bad fight for Wand.

You want chael killed?

It's pretty clear from their last fight that chael got nothing for Anderson

Back