does chael retire after his fight with wand?

Chael is not going anywhere.

I expect an easy UD for him against Wandy and go back to MW to fight the top dogs there.

Him against Kennedy should be fun.

i like people who entertain me, and haven't done things to make me angry. so, i hope chael sticks around for a long time.

If Shale can't get it down, Wanderlei puts him out.

Judging by TUF, Shale takes him down in flip flops.

Wand most probably gonna lose by sub, will he call it a career after that?

theres nothing left for him to prove in the sport. he can beat some very good fighters, but cant hang with best of them.

at this point hes becoming the new bob sapp. just fighting for fames n sometimes doesnt even seem to try to win or even compete.

hopefully vs Chael the guy gonna come in there n try to win, not just get hit fold n collect his paycheck.

Doens't make sense either way

If Shale can't get it down, Wanderlei puts him out.

Judging by TUF, Shale takes him down in flip flops.

yeah but he couldnt bring his flip flops in the cage with him, its just him n wand

that extra traction wont be there.

chaels most probably gonna lose by tko, will he call it a career after that?

theres nothing left for him to prove in the sport. he can beat some very good fighters, but cant hang with best of them.

at this point hes becoming the new bob sapp. just fighting for paychecks n sometimes doesnt even seem to try to win or even compete.

hopefully vs wand the guy gonna come in there n try to win, not just get hit fold n collect his paycheck.

Theres nothing to indicate to me that Chael loses let alone loses via TKO.

[YT]A2GLANZxEMo[/YT]

Good.

He's now 2-5 in his last 7 UFC & Pride fights at LHW.

Had to go back quite a ways to get that stat. In the last 5 years he is 1-1. With 1 loss to Jones, the best ever LHW, and a win over top 5 Hendo (who i believe is grossly over rated). No one cares about Vitor's loss to Couture literally a decade ago. It is exactly as irrelevant as the fact he is a former LHW champion.

Had to go back quite a ways to get that stat. In the last 5 years he is 1-1. With 1 loss to Jones, the best ever LHW, and a win over top 5 Hendo (who i believe is grossly over rated). No one cares about Vitor's loss to Couture literally a decade ago. It is exactly as irrelevant as the fact he is a former LHW champion.

Losses during his prime do matter. He also struggled against a low tier fighter at Cage Rage, and was outsruck. Then he decided to make the drop to MW.

He was doing terrible at LHW, there's no denying of that.

Losses during his prime do matter. He also struggled against a low tier fighter at Cage Rage, and was outsruck. Then he decided to make the drop to MW.

He was doing terrible at LHW, there's no denying of that.

Right around that same time frame, Ed Herman beat Glover Teixeira. No one thinks that fight is relevant to the current LHW landscape because it was so long ago, and it is a correct opinion. Fights from a decade ago are literally irrelevant to fighter performance now. I can give tons of other examples of what is known as "progression" if it would help you grasp the concept.

Right around that same time frame, Ed Herman beat Glover Teixeira. No one thinks that fight is relevant to the current LHW landscape because it was so long ago, and it is a correct opinion. Fights from a decade ago are literally irrelevant to fighter performance now. I can give tons of other examples of what is known as "progression" if it would help you grasp the concept.

Nothing suggests Vitor wouldn't be a mediocre LHW today. Sure he defeated a 43 year old Henderson, but that doesn't prove much. He did terrible at 205 for a long time, and one fight isn't changing that.

Nothing suggests Vitor wouldn't be a mediocre LHW today. Sure he defeated a 43 year old Henderson, but that doesn't prove much. He did terrible at 205 for a long time, and one fight isn't changing that.

And he won the LHW title and did awesome for a long time too. He also beat Rumble, the number 5. If you have beaten the #4 and #5 fighters, you arent mediocre.

And he won the LHW title and did awesome for a long time too. He also beat Rumble, the number 5. If you have beaten the #4 and #5 fighters, you arent mediocre.

Did awesome for a long time? when?

He wasn't mediocre when he dropped to a weaker division. I'll give you that.

Did awesome for a long time? when?

He wasn't mediocre when he dropped to a weaker division. I'll give you that.

97-2004. So every fighter that drops down is was mediocre to you?

97-2004. So every fighter that drops down is was mediocre to you?

lol come on. He lost Sakuraba, Randy & Liddell during that time. Lost to Herring as well but was gifted a decision. Won the LHW belt in a flukish way and then lost the rematch.

How is that awesome?

If a fighter is doing terrible, and i mean terrible as in having a losing record, and then drops to a far easier and less demanding division and becomes a top guy, then he's not elite in my book, he's just enjoying the benefits of a weak division.

Back