does chael retire after his fight with wand?

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
chaels most probably gonna lose by tko, will he call it a career after that?

theres nothing left for him to prove in the sport. he can beat some very good fighters, but cant hang with best of them.

at this point hes becoming the new bob sapp. just fighting for paychecks n sometimes doesnt even seem to try to win or even compete.

hopefully vs wand the guy gonna come in there n try to win, not just get hit fold n collect his paycheck.

i see chael grinding down wanderlei, but wanderlei is dangerous in the first couple of rounds. if chael wins i hope he goes back to 185

theres nothing left for him to prove in the sport. he can beat some very good fighters, but cant hang with best of them.

at this point hes becoming the new bob sapp. just fighting for paychecks n sometimes doesnt even seem to try to win or even compete.

hopefully vs wand the guy gonna come in there n try to win, not just get hit fold n collect his paycheck.

can't hang with the best of them...you are talking about Anderson, Jones and Rashad? Jones and Rashad were at LHW which is not his best weight and Chael destroyed Anderson and lost two fluke matches against him (I can say that because Anderson nuthuggers say that about the Weidman fights and Chael was actually winning against Anderson unlike Anderson v. Weidman)

As a Chael fan I think Chael should go back to middleweight immediately after the Wand fight (most likely scenario is Chael cruising to an easy unanimous decision, not getting TKO'd, seriously are you that delusional of a Chael hater?) and make one last title run. Either that or just retire after the Wand fight. I don't want to see him fight at light heavyweight anymore, he won't win a belt there and I don't want him to hang around and fight guys that won't help him get a title shot

Chael at middleweight >> Chael at LHW

Sonnen is easily a favorite in this match up. His wrestling is top notch and his biggest weakness is a good BJJ fighter. Wanderlei isn't going to submit him and his looping hooks are just going to give Sonnen a takedown everytime.

are you stupid? can't hang with the best of them...stupid chael haters man, that really isn't worth responding to...i will however, respond to your point about whether he should retire or not

As a Chael fan I think Chael should go back to middleweight immediately after the Wand fight (most likely scenario is Chael cruising to an easy unanimous decision, not getting TKO'd, seriously are you that delusional of a Chael hater?) and make one last title run. Either that or just retire after the Wand fight. I don't want to see him fight at light heavyweight anymore, he won't win a belt there and I don't want him to hang around and fight guys that won't help him get a title shot

Chael at middleweight >> Chael at LHW

It'd be sweet if he came back. He was on a tear before getting to Silva and even then, he did good against him. I'd love to see how he'd do against the top 5 now. Souza would be a huge challenge.

14 losses and a 1-3 record at LHW in the UFC.

He has nothing left to prove.

ya i wonder how he'd do at middleweight again too, i think he can get another title shot at MW but he's not getting any younger

after we saw shogun get ridiculed by chael, i don't expect a strong showing by wandy. expect wandy to retire.

14 losses and a 1-3 record at LHW in the UFC.

He has nothing left to prove.

14 losses is irrelevant lol. What matters is if he can fight and what he's been doing lately. Yes he is 1-3 at LHW lately but middleweight is obviously his best weight too so I'm not sure what your point is.

Also I just realized the 1-3 LHW record includes a fight from like 9 years ago, Chael peaked as a fighter probably in 2010 and at middleweight. He doesn't look significantly slower or older than in 2010 imo. That's why I think it'd be cool to see him drop back to middleweight

Last edited:
if chael loses then yeah i think he should retire

In the unlikely event that he loses then yeah. If he loses he'll just be a trash talker who can't back anything up.

chaels gonna get a double leg and gnp wand

As soon as I read "Chael is the new Bob Sapp" I immediately lost all hope for humanity

14 losses is irrelevant lol. What matters is if he can fight and what he's been doing lately. Yes he is 1-3 at LHW lately but middleweight is obviously his best weight too so I'm not sure what your point is.

Also I just realized the 1-3 LHW record includes a fight from like 9 years ago, Chael peaked as a fighter probably in 2010 and at middleweight. He doesn't look significantly slower or older than in 2010 imo. That's why I think it'd be cool to see him drop back to middleweight

Yeah, that seems to be the case with about every guy who can't hang at LHW and drops to MW. Eg. Sonnen, Bisping, Munoz, Boetsch, Stann, Vitor, etc.

I thought Chael already retired after Shogun tko'd him.

Yes I see him retiring after Wanderlei breaks his jaw.

Back