does chael retire after his fight with wand?

chaels most probably gonna lose by tko, will he call it a career after that?

Stopped taking you seriously here. I think that everyone knows in their heart of hearts, that Wandy is the one who should retire after this fight.

Someone is retiring after this fight and it's not Chael

chaels most probably gonna lose by tko, will he call it a career after that?

theres nothing left for him to prove in the sport. he can beat some very good fighters, but cant hang with best of them.

at this point hes becoming the new bob sapp. just fighting for paychecks n sometimes doesnt even seem to try to win or even compete.

hopefully vs wand the guy gonna come in there n try to win, not just get hit fold n collect his paycheck.

I don't think he is that past, maybe calling him a new bob sapp is a bit too much. I think Shogun, Nog, Mir deserve more this title

If Chael beats Wand, he should get a top 10 opponent at MW. If he wants one last run at the title, he needs to do it now.
He's already said he would hate to fight Weidman though. Thinks Weidman is his worst fight stylistically.

It would be cool to see Wanderlei KO Sonnen and then retire, he's got a great shot of beating him with the fight being at 205 and it being 5 rounds, I think he's going to TKO him sometime between the 2nd and 4th. Wanderlei does very well against grapplers, more technical strikers and guys that are durable and have huge KO power have been his kryptonite as he's gotten older and more worn down from fighting.

After Chael embarrasses Wand I see him retiring and just doing what he really loves, talk.

Sonnen is easily a favorite in this match up. His wrestling is top notch and his biggest weakness is a good BJJ fighter. Wanderlei isn't going to submit him and his looping hooks are just going to give Sonnen a takedown everytime.

Sonnen is actually a relatively easy style match up for Wanderlei, who's TDD and ability to pop back up quickly are similar to Bisping's but he has much more KO power, Sonnen is also known for making bone head moves in big fights.

I think Sonnen is going to get tired trying to keep Wanderlei down and will get TKOed between the 2nd and 4th rounds, this fight is also at LHW which helps Wanderlei as he seems to fight better at 205 than he does at 185 where Sonnen is the opposite.

If this were at MW and a 3 round fight I would pick Sonnen by decision but it's not so I'm picking Wanderlei to TKO him in one of the middle rounds.

It would be cool to see Wanderlei KO Sonnen and then retire, he's got a great shot of beating him with the fight being at 205 and it being 5 rounds, I think he's going to TKO him sometime between the 2nd and 4th. Wanderlei does very well against grapplers, more technical strikers and guys that are durable and have huge KO power have been his kryptonite as he's gotten older and more worn down from fighting.

you sure its 5 rounder?

if the fight is at ufc 175 theres already weidman/machida n ronda/davis. dont think they will have 3 5 round fights.

besides i think ufc wants to give chael as much of a chance of winning as possible. its more likely for him to get tko in 5 rounds instead of 3. ufc wants to keep chaels geek followers as long as possible, cause once he retires they probably wont be around anymore.

Chael will keep going as long as there are money fights to be made.

1-3 in LHW, losing to the champion and a top 3 fighter. Ok

you sure its 5 rounder?

if the fight is at ufc 175 theres already weidman/machida n ronda/davis. dont think they will have 3 5 round fights.

besides i think ufc wants to give chael as much of a chance of winning as possible. its more likely for him to get tko in 5 rounds instead of 3. ufc wants to keep chaels geek followers as long as possible, cause once he retires they probably wont be around anymore.

I know it was originally, I haven't heard that it's changed but if it has then I guess I have Sonnen as a slight favorite by decision. If it's 3 rounds that's disappointing, I was looking forward to Sonnen getting tired from trying to take Wand down and keep him down then getting TKOed when Wanderlei gets back up or in the next round.

Chael's probably going to lose?
He's probably going to be like a 3.5:1 favourite.

Lose to Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, and Anderson Silva and all of sudden that fighter needs to retire... solid logic there.

If Chael loses to Wand, retirement is in his near future. Wand is the perfect opponent for Sonnen and should easily take this fight home without any damage

If he has declined as much as people say he has and loses to Wandy at LHW he should cut down to MW one last time though.

he will win and go on to humilliate every brasillian near his weight class

If Chael loses to Wanderlei I could see him retiring from MMA and focusing full time on his Fox gigs. If he wins, I don't expect him to retire. I think he'll try to pursue fights with Vitor Belfort and a third fight with Anderson.

Retiring after win is a good way to go out. I doubt he retires though. Wandy might.

Back