• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone really think Jiri is winning this fight? (Exposing UFC 303's headline bout replacement)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
I'm calling out Dana's artificial build up for this fight.

If you think Jiri is winning the rematch, you're either biased or ill-informed.

First things first, let's address the elephant in the room: the LHW division is a complete shit show.

It's a shallow division with the worst of the worst matchmaking. Everyone knows that Ankalaev would be the champ if Dana didn't hate him so much.

Unless new blood is pumped into it, the LHW will continue to be the graveyard of the UFC.

Listen... I have nothing against Alex, but he's been blessed with favorable match-ups against strikers who are too emotional to try and grapple with him.

Jiri is an emotional, low IQ fighter who relies heavily on his aggressiveness to win fights. I don't see him having the maturity to wrestle with Alex.

Jiri and Blachowicz (had to google his name) do not possess good grappling, so they're forced to strike against a superior striker.

Credit where credit is due, Alex's striking is elite. His punches are informative and he can generate tremendous power without 'loading up.'

Do we really want a trilogy? No. No one does. So for the love of God, please win this fight Alex.

Last edited:
Jiri was scared after Alex started playing with his eyes, mf is scared of some macumba, he ain't never winning this fight.

Alot of people do*

I respect your views, but as a true MMA fan (I don't mean that in a pretentious way), I believe title fights should be strictly reserved for the best fighters of the division, no matter how 'exciting' other match ups may be.

Neither fighter has done enough to earn a trilogy title fight. Ankalaev should be next.

I respect your views, but as a true MMA fan (I don't mean that in a pretentious way), I believe title fights should be strictly reserved for the best fighters of the division, no matter how 'exciting' other match ups may be.

Neither fighter has done enough to earn a trilogy title fight. Ankalaev should be next.
I agree Ankalaev should be next but that is not what I was responding to.

You said no one wants a trilogy but that isnt true at all. Alot of people here would be happy in Ankalaev never got one. That wouldnt be right at all but im not sayin whats right im saying people would watch Poatan fight Jiri or Izzy five times in a row, because their fights are so good.

Jiri doesn’t have the best wrestling and I do think Alex can get up but Jiri gnp is pretty mean and he should just go for it

Jiri doesn’t have the best wrestling and I do think Alex can get up but Jiri gnp is pretty mean and he should just go for it
If he gets Poatan to the ground he has to commit all out murderous assault.

If he gets Poatan to the ground he has to commit all out murderous assault.
No I know what you mean. In the last fight he did some elbow grinding and smothering. I think he should jsut go for it ASAP and be vicious af

Completely flip the style he usually does on the feet. Abandon it completely jsut this once. Just go dagastani and look for a tko early

Reactions: HHJ
Back