Does anyone else think Gus could KO JDS?

Well i def think Gus could win but im not sure he has the advantage.

Wasn't it a rumor floating around a couple of years ago that Gus had KO'd JDS in a sparring session? I remember reading it somewhere, no idea if true or if they even sparred together.

On topic. Ofc he could, same as JDS could KO Gus. Gus has got a lot more power than people give him credit for and I think his boxing and footwork is better than JDS. JDS throws bombs and with a good hit it's night night. Movement vs power, if it would go to a decision I would favor Gus.
Would be a really fun match up, hopefully we get to see it one day!

Gus would take a hook to the ribs 40 seconds in and be like oh! so this is why there are weight classes, then fall down and tapout.

Gus's footwork isn't even in the same ballpark as Dillashaws. nor his his ability to strike with constant movement.

Gus doesn't have the power or jab to keep Junior befuddled on the outside. JDS actually has the better jab. Alexander just flicks it out to mask a follow up strike.

This fight would be as big of a realization for Gus as he was for Jones. Juniors size with his boxing ability + power. would make for a very unpleasant experience for him.

That's funny, seeing as how his entire style revolves around striking while constantly moving. But hey, maybe you know best?

Gus uses his jab in a higher variety of ways compared to JDS and his timing is second to none @ LHW.

You can see what it did to Vlad Matyushenko for reference.

I think it would be a fun fight, but Gustafsson spars with heavyweight K1 fighters every camp, the difference in the cage wouldn't be a shock for him. JDS might not be used to the full speed and power of an elite LHW though, and there's no question who would have the advantage in the latter rounds when Gus isn't cutting weight and upping his weight.

I don't think that's a likely scenario at all. Possible? Of course. Likely? No.

Gus would take a hook to the ribs 40 seconds in and be like oh so this is why there are weight classes, then fall down and tapout.

Yeah he never trains with heavyweights from other clubs at full speed so he has no idea what a bodyshot from someone like JDS would feel like.... OH WAIT. :rolleyes:

No, and this "pre/post-cain" bullshit is getting annoying.

Nobody can KO JDS except he himself.

But I could see Gus staying on outside, using footwork and winning at least 3 out of 5 rounds to win a decision.

Yeah he never trains with heavyweights from other clubs at full speed so he has no idea what a bodyshot from someone like JDS would feel like.... OH WAIT. :rolleyes:

Unless he trains with Overeem, no he sure as fuck doesn't do the equivalent of taking liver shots like someone from JDS, matter of fact none of the heavies he trains with could even imitate something like that. None of them, even in a real fight.

Could Gus survive those left hooks like Hunt and Nelson?

Maybe Prime Gus would beat current JDS, but not post-JBJ Gus. Unless Prime Gus fought pre-Cain JDS, then yeah.

Am I doing it right?

No

You also need to know what you are talking about. Is it really too complicated for you to grasp that JDS might not be the same fighter after taking two vicious beatings from Cain? Whether you agree or not, you would have to be pretty much retarded not to understand why some people are factoring that in, especially with how JDS looked against Stipe. I am hoping you went for funny and just missed the mark and you aren't actually retarded.

Could Gus survive those left hooks like Hunt and Nelson?

The question is would he be there to get hit by them?

Hunt and Nelson aren't known for their elusiveness and have no reach to utilize a jab to create distance and also do damage.

Last edited:
Gus doesn't have heavy hands at all. He is more like Diaz bro...with worse hands though.

Enough of this, go back to the cave from whence you came.

Seriously though, Gus hits hard, he's not a powerpuncher but i think he hits harder on average with his straights than most in LHW, according to his training partners he's hurting alot of people with them punches.

JDS is a walking zombie when he fights - i don't think anyone can KO the guy.

He could, but I think it's very unlikely.

Unless he trains with Overeem, no he sure as fuck doesn't do the equivalent of taking liver shots like someone from JDS, matter of fact none of the heavies he trains with could even imitate something like that. None of them, even in a real fight.

Lol, what?

There are plenty of guys outside of the UFC that can match JDS's boxing and bodystrikes, you're displaying your ignorance if you think the people Gus has been training with aren't just as dangerous.

You obviously know nothing of it, and yet felt the need to respond, that tells me alot about you.

What a fucking stupid thread, 0/10. If this isnt a troll thread, I feel sorry for anyone that has to discuss anything with you on a regular basis.

Who has Gus KO'd at LHW to make him this big one shot KO artist?

Rumble has more KO wins at LHW than Gus, and Rumble has been a LHW fighter for a little over two years now. Rumble has 5 TKO/KO wins out of 6 LHW appearances; Gus has 10 total TKO/KO wins since 2007, and four in the UFC and all of ONE since Rumble has his five TKO/KO wins.

Enough of this, go back to the cave from whence you came.

Seriously though, Gus hits hard, he's not a powerpuncher but i think he hits harder on average with his straights than most in LHW, according to his training partners he's hurting alot of people with them punches.

Gus is a hard hitter at LHW, but he isnt exactly a KO artist or known for his KO power as much as his all-around talents and striking acumen overall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back