Does anyone else think Gus could KO JDS?

Lol hell no, if Cain and Miocic hit him as much as they did and couldn't KO him Gus will not either.

Dont gimme that BS JDS is so damaged bull either, he looked fine against Miocic who is a great boxer,

also JDS was away from the octagon for quite a while which could have contributed to his performance.

What? What & where did you come up with this comparison Gus & JDS? Gus as never given the indication at 205 that he can find a man's off switch with any frequency, so for you to jump out with this match up is a little odd?

Dos Santos has taken some punches from Cain and Miocic that would put a normal man to sleep. If he was able to take those punches and stay conscious, I'm sure he can take whatever Gustaffson has to offer.

Uhh 10 of his 16 wins are by knockout. With that being said, Im not sure he could knock JDS out at all. But claiming he doesnt have good or heavy hands is just BS.

Ignore Diggem, he hates on all Caucasian fighters that are talented. That's his thing. He trolls a lot too.

As for your post, yes, and Alex has knocked out opponents with a variety of punches, in fact, all of the basic boxing punches including the jab.

Maybe....

buT JDS is a freaking ZOmbieee, bro!!!!

[YT]4G94NOyLF7U[/YT]

Even if there were two of Gus both of them couldn't knock out JDS. Gus doesn't have heavy hands at all. He is more like Diaz bro...with worse hands though.

Gus nuthuggers always make me LOL.

This.

Its possible but unlikely. Has JDS ever even been KOed? Gus isnt known for 1 punch power.

Gus may be able to pick him apart w speed tho

Even if there were two of Gus both of them couldn't knock out JDS. Gus doesn't have heavy hands at all. He is more like Diaz bro...with worse hands though.

Gus nuthuggers always make me LOL.

Nah Gus is heavy handed. He rocked Silva, dropped Vlad with a jab finished Hamil with uppercuts, finished Manuwa with uppercuts, finished Jared 1 punch

I doubt he would ko jds, but it could be a competitive fight. I wonder how much juniors face swells up as the rounds go on.

I think its possible. A lot of people are saying he doesn't have the power but I have to disagree. He doesn't have crazy ko power but certainly has solid power. You don't always have to have crazy power to knock someone out. Sometimes its about well placed punches. I think the best example of this is the boxing match between Holyfield and Toney. Evander had a rock solid chin and Toney was not a big puncher but he was able to take him out being elusive and landing well placed shots. That being said, I think Gus and Jones could definitely do damage in the heavyweight division. i think they would both bulk up to about the mid 240's and their size and strength would surprise a lot of people.

While I think it's unlikely, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Gustafsson stopped Dos Santos in a 5 round fight. Gustafsson has some power in his hands and more importantly has kept a high volume for 5 rounds (it did taper off a lot in the 5th after getting hurt several times by Jones) against a fighter in Jon Jones who exerts far more pressure than Dos Santos. Gustafsson is the better boxer, I think, but much like Dos Santos, Gustafsson isn't without defensive deficiencies and a puncher of Dos Santos' calibre could make him pay for those deficiencies. If they fought tomorrow at HW, I'd slightly favour Gustafsson.

I dont think you remember that round.

could he? yes. But it would be very unlikely.

JDS chin is one of the best at HW, but I could see his movement being good to maybe take a decision.

no way. Gus isnt that good. couldnt even finish a really bad Shogun. JDS would knock Gus out cold in round 1

Back