Does anyone else think Gus could KO JDS?

Yes. It wouldn't be a one shot ko, but he'd pull it off. I see this fight playing out like TJ Barao. Gus has the speed, footwork and reach to keep junior at the end of his jab and wear him down.

Based on the one fight we've seen of Junior since the Cain fight, I'd say it's a pick 'em.

Gus doesnt have one shot K.O. power and Junior has a helluva chin. He could beat him but it wouldn't be by K.O.

While I think it's unlikely, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Gustafsson stopped Dos Santos in a 5 round fight. Gustafsson has some power in his hands and more importantly has kept a high volume for 5 rounds (it did taper off a lot in the 5th after getting hurt several times by Jones) against a fighter in Jon Jones who exerts far more pressure than Dos Santos. Gustafsson is the better boxer, I think, but much like Dos Santos, Gustafsson isn't without defensive deficiencies and a puncher of Dos Santos' calibre could make him pay for those deficiencies. If they fought tomorrow at HW, I'd slightly favour Gustafsson.

Seen to me like Gus could finish JDS by TKO if they fight.

I know JDS is a HW and Gus is a LHW, but barely that much difference in weight class.

JDS is probably 245 pounds fight night.
Gus is likely be 220 pounds fight night.
That's like 25 pounds difference.

I saw TRT Hendo at 207 pounds KO Fedor at 233 pounds and that's like 26 pounds difference, and heck Hendo was a MW.

I think Gus is a better boxer than JDS and faster.

JDS seen to be a punch bag after all those beatings Cain and Stipe put on him, especially those Cain stole his soul twice. I feel really bad for JDS, Cain took 10 years of his life.

I think now Gus could hurt JDS so bad and beat him by decision or TKO JDS by the 5th round.

I am probably the biggest Gus nuthugger on here but there is no way he can KO JDS

Jds nut huggers arent even taking the time to think how this match up plays out. Gus has good cardio and reach and a good chin combined with solid boxing and movement. These things do not bode well for jds. In a five round main JDS would be busted bloody and gassed by the end of three. Gus cardio would still be strong and he could possibly put the Brazilian away. Gus matches up terribly with junior

Even if there were two of Gus both of them couldn't knock out JDS. Gus doesn't have heavy hands at all. He is more like Diaz bro...with worse hands though.

Gus nuthuggers always make me LOL.

bro idk if you seen gus fight but he has those hands

I believe the skillset of the top LHW is better then HW. I think gus would win but not via KO.

Yes. It wouldn't be a one shot ko, but he'd pull it off. I see this fight playing out like TJ Barao. Gus has the speed, footwork and reach to keep junior at the end of his jab and wear him down.

Gus's footwork isn't even in the same ballpark as Dillashaws. nor his his ability to strike with constant movement.

Gus doesn't have the power or jab to keep Junior befuddled on the outside. JDS actually has the better jab. Alexander just flicks it out to mask a follow up strike.

This fight would be as big of a realization for Gus as he was for Jones. Juniors size with his boxing ability + power. would make for a very unpleasant experience for him.

Last edited:
Gus would beat Cigano pretty easily.

He wouldn't KO Cigano though, as much as Cigano is slow as buggery & shop worn.

Well, Gus couldn't KO Shogun or Thiago Silva, or Jones for that matter.

So probably not.

Jds wrecks. Idk where people are getting that he could ko jds LOL. I can understand if you think he could beat jds but koing him? Gus doesn't exactly have much power, he hasn't koed or tkoed anyone significant, he couldn't even do that to shogun. Jds has never been koed or tkoed or even rocked, the closest is him slipping and it looking like he got knocked down. Where are people getting that someone who couldn't ko shogun has enough power to ko someone who can't be koed by hw who hit him for 25 minutes.

Dude, Gus was not able to KO Jones. So OBVIOUSLY he cannot ko JDS.

Back