Does 700k buys only confirm that the majority of people really dont care about anti doping?

It confirms despite UFC burying it, Cyborg vs Nunes Sold. That was the fight to see. Not f'ing Jones vs Gus 2. Gus never had a chance while I was saying Nunes going to beat Cyborg with great excitement all week. Without those women Snitch/ Bitch Jones sells 350k Max. Jones PPV history shows he's not a draw unless people think he may actually lose. He's an usada snitch. He snitched on dudes smoking weed under the bleachers during free period in hs. Fuck. That. Clown.
Amanda is not a big draw give me a break.

This actually surprised some people?

Amanda is not a big draw give me a break.
The fight was. That was the fight I came to see. I wasn't the only one. Did I pay for it? Of course not? Jones doesn't do it for me I'm sorry. He's actually slow and kind of boring. His best finish is *DC and a standing arm triangle over *Lyoto. Wow. So exciting. * means he's a drug cheat so the win should not count, and an official Usada Snitch which really, really should just speak for itself. He's almost as bad as Canseco when he wrote"Juiced," and snitched on all of baseball to sell some books and get attention.

Last edited:
As someone else mentioned this was debunked with Brock Lesnar. One of the most obvious PED cheats in mma history. He is also the number 1 or 2 fighter based on PPV buys.(i can never remember if Mcgregor passed him or not).

Most fans dont give a fook about PEDs.

Me personally, i only care about cheating. If PEDs are allowed ala Pride, cool, ill watch. The problem i have is when rules are established and everyone agrees to them and then some people cheat anyways. Fuck that.

At this point though i say let them all roid up, Jones proved that the rules only apply to some fighters so lets make it somewhat fair and give them all the juice if they want it.

Remember when Sosa and McGwire were racing to beat the homerun record both roided to the gills? No one cared it made baseball exciting. Baseball.

Edit:damn that was1998

It shows that any publicity is good publicity.

But also it was a great card.

People want to see the overall greatest fighter EVER to compete in combat sports fight, that is why Jones sells!!

Sherdog and hardcore fans do not understand how much of a minority they really are.

I can't imagine being an adult and caring about "anti doping" tbh.

Alternatively, the scandal attracted people's attention and added interest to the fight. Nobody was expecting a mass boycott, right? It doesn't confirm anything about whether or not people care about doping.

Plenty of the marks on this forum were.

All Ad Hominem comments shall be ignored. I know its luke thomas, but the argument either stands by itself or it doesnt, so save it luke haters.

Where are all the people who said they would boycott the event? Id like to see their faces reading this, because their abcence certainly didnt make a dent.

Why even have USADA around at this point?
It only destroys events by increasing the number of injuries and suspending fighters we wanted to see performing.

People dont seem to care. Its a loud minority.
This was the biggest scandal involving anti-doping ever in the ufc. It had jeff doing a 2 hour damage control report on the biggest podcast in the world. No difference in buys. Actually it probably increased.

Whats your takeway?

so your saying jones is guilty and is taking steroids ?

Why did it need confirming?

Common knowledge to anyone without their head up their ass.

Hardcore fans and people who post on this forum are in a bubble, it's like anything else for example political insiders and cable news addicts were the last to realize Brexit and Trump were about to happen. It's easy to lose perspective on how people outside the bubble view things.

Remember when Sosa and McGwire were racing to beat the homerun record both roided to the gills? No one cared it made baseball exciting. Baseball.

Edit:damn that was1998
Looking back, they were averaging a home run per every 5 or 6 plate appearances. That's a fucking joke. I'm a Giants fan, every time Bonds was up you stop and watch. Nobody is changing the channel because if they actually pitch to him his record year he had a 25% chance of literally blasting that shit into the Pacific Ocean.
Looking back.. man fuck those days. Now they wind the balls tighter, so Everyone can Fairly hit more home runs and make the game more exciting, and there are more home runs now than ever.

Nunes became a draw and is back to being a part of a near million views PPV by actually showing up to fight Cyborg.

Not showing up to fight due to a stuffed nose had hurt her popularity but that is in the past now.

This is a bit difficult, And not so black And white. Everyone in general want clean sports. Still we also want guys to fight every year, we want them to have cardio for high paced fights for more than 15 minutes, And we want them to fight past 35. Most grown ups (that have money to buy ppvs) also know that we can’t have both.

Only a few kids on Sherdog talked about boycotting the card. No grown ups that actually buy cards.

Things like that take time, they don't happen overnight. The credibility of the org and the goodwill of the fans is slowly eroded, it won't show a massive drop in buys or whatever metric immediately. Overall, i think it will hurt them in the long run in some aspects.

Back