Does 700k buys only confirm that the majority of people really dont care about anti doping?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Verace, Jan 11, 2019.

1. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

To casual fans PEDS are just fluff around the edges.

2. Captain Herb

Captain Herb BTC Baron

People make the mistake of thinking that USADA is actually for catching PED cheats. It's not. USADA is an insurance policy for UFC and WME.

When CTE and steroids are combined in a sport where the object is to hit a guy in the head, you have to protect yourself against potential future lawsuits by the fighters.

If the fighters are also, at some point, determined to be employees and not independent contractors, this could increase the potential for lawsuits.

By tolerating USADA, the UFC can say "We did everything in our power to eliminate PEDs from our sport. We hired the best drug testing organization in the world and many cheaters were caught and prevented from competing. We provided the safest work environment possible".

Verace and europe1 like this.
  3. Lord Toranaga

Lord Toranaga Black Belt Platinum Member

We kids actually just want a fair playing field. They want to go Pride rules fuck it. It's more fair than it is now just jn terms of testing policy. "Actually buy cards?" Why? They are free in HD. I don't buy most cards and I am willing to bet you I have over 50x what you have in your bank account right now. Maybe 500,000 times if you're broke. Old clown.

4. Verace

Verace Silver Belt

Dude you think thats a "gotcha"? <{outtahere}>

Ive made my stance clear numerous time in this forum. I dont expect everyone to know or have read it, of course, but just saying that its on record. The following isnt anything new:

I dont care about fighters taking PEDs. Many of them are taking and beating the test anyway. I even made threads in here explaining(in part) how they are doing it.

I grew up watching pride, and it was great. Im not going to get all "it was all real to me damn it" now, years and years later.
    This is just a summary of my position. There are many other points/reasons why i think stringent drug testing is not good in mma. I just dont feel like writting an essay right now. Hope this enough to give you a general idea.

I never said "jon jones never took peds".... unless i was trolling or being sarcastic for comic purpuses.

drbolony and Threetrees like this.
  5. No Name Needed

No Name Needed Yellow Belt

The average fan watching buying the PPV isn't reading up on what's going on, they're getting fed bullshit from the ESPN's and TSN's of the world that were just parroting Dana. They knew Jones failed, but they bought into bullshit excuses that justified it. It's less an indictment on MMA fans, then it is an indictment on shitty MMA reporting doing absolutely NO research into UFC's claims.

WarDronx and xx madskillz xx like this.
  6. JBJISGOAT

JBJISGOAT Brown Belt

Same marks that are MMA hipsters and love PRIDE....even though they were encouraged to juice in PRIDE and had fixed fights.

Jones haters be like, "what he passed his tests, sold a shit ton of pay per views, and beat the dog shit out of Gus????":
    [​IMG]

Verace likes this.
  7. Threetrees

Threetrees The Voice of Reason

Most of the “Jon Jones” is innocent crowd holds this same stance. They just don’t care about PEDs in general.

The larger issue is others pretending like they know things as a fact.

Verace likes this.
  8. ABSthetics

ABSthetics Red Belt

Anyone with common sense knows professional and amateur sports alike are ran rampant with PED usage. People want the best athletic performances, promoters/team owners/producers et al want the best possibly conditioned, performing, and marketable athletes so they can get wins and make money, and I can go on for hours.

These grown ass men crying like kids over PEDs really need to get a clue and just get over it. Its pathetic. There's professional chess players that pop for elevated Test levels lol. Sports and PEDs go hand in hand. Nobody wants to see frail and weak athletes that need forever to recover. Also as an athlete nothing is worse than seeing compeition that wasn't on your level but a few months later theyre on your ass because they said fuck it and got on cycle. This is millions of dollars potentially in a very short life span. I cant imagine what grown idiot believes his favorite athlete is clean because he passed testing. Thinking any athlete on any level is clean is just ass backwards.

The general public gives no fucks as it should. Just asshurt fans love to go on tirades because its how they cope with their favorite fighter being inferior to someone they don't like. Cant wait for some seething DC fanboy to tell me an Olympic wrestler has been clean his whole life.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    nstig8 and Verace like this.
  9. Verace

Verace Silver Belt

[​IMG]

ABSthetics likes this.
  10. thobra

thobra Black Belt

Cool to brag about bank accounts son..

That is excactly What I am talking about. 700k are pretty good sales, so a lot of grown ups buy cards.

We all want an even playing field, but we know that mma is not tennis. We know that guys over 35 would never be competitive without some aid. We know that guys would be injured most of the time, but we do want guys fighting every year. And we know that a clean UFC would mean that there were amateur fighters that would beat the top five.

11. Lord Toranaga

Serena locked herself in her panic room and called the police to avoid a random drug test, and 28 professional tennis players were arrested yesterday for a massive match fixing operation. Sharapova got busted for Meldonium. Old man.

xx madskillz xx likes this.
  12. thehighking

thehighking Brown Belt

This is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read

xx madskillz xx and Blazmo like this.
  13. Fantasy

Fantasy Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Most of the people who watched Jones vs Gustafson 2 either didn’t know or didn’t care about the USADA fiasco. The UFC makes their money in casual viewership, not us few thousand people who read and post about mma every day.

14. Gilday

Gilday Red Belt

People just want to watch top fighters fight each other

Fuck me right?

15. fightfan84

fightfan84 Silver Belt

no I was asking for the purpose of it sounding like that was what you were alluding to. Honestly I think for the mass casual fans they gave zero fucks about the results, the controversy and if anything it was extra promotion.

Captain Herb likes this.
  16. thobra

thobra Black Belt

That is exactly What I am talking about. Some kids would never understand that mma is very different than tennis. It is full contact.

17. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

My guess is the majority didn’t know anything was going on at all pre fight

18. Dionysian

Dionysian Silver Belt

You need a non-cancelled JJ card like 151 (ghost town drawing outside his name) to see where his actual baseline is at. 231 was not that card since it was a rematch of his most popular fight ever/superfight with the females/etc. Steroids was just background noise for the majority of purchasers.

19. Lord Toranaga

Like downes syndrome kids? What are you saying..?

20. Tylerl90

Tylerl90 Purple Belt

The vast majority of sports fans don’t give a shit about doping unless the guy they like gets his ass whooped.