Do you still believe in Luke Rockhold ?

He's a weird case, brilliant offensively, one of the best kickers in the game and a super dangerous top game.

But defensively he seems to have gotten worse as his career progressed, and the comments he made in his last interview leads me to believe he doesn't have the attitude he would need to improve on his weaknesses.

He needs to stop sparring with smaller guys at Sanford's. He fights hands down because he isn't at risk but they spar hard.

I think he will be MW champ again, and I think he’s a terrible match up for Izzy. When he gets on top of Izzy it’s a wrap, and I don’t think he’d have much trouble getting him to the ground.

It's not good to believe in overconfident buffoons with glass joe chins.

That's one more than Rockhold.

I'm struggling to find a point in virtually anything you have posted.

I pointed out Bisping's KO over Rockhold was a fluke perfect shot. You responded by posting gifs of Jan and Romero finishing Bisping by strikes. Relevance? no fucking clue

I pointed that you to you and then you point out that Bisping has more KO finishes than Rockhold in the UFC. Considering one guy is primarily a striker and the other a ground fighter, that's a pretty shocking revelation on your part.

If you bothered to take the time to read the posts you comment on, you probably wouldn't come off as such an idiot. Just a thought.

And actually Rockhold does have a KO finish in the UFC... btw.

I think he will be MW champ again, and I think he’s a terrible match up for Izzy. When he gets on top of Izzy it’s a wrap, and I don’t think he’d have much trouble getting him to the ground.

?
He's on a 0 fight winning streak so he's never getting close to the belt.

And how would he take Izzy down?

He should listen to his teammate Khabib. You never can have two primes, he's like 37 or something. Too old.

Agreed.

When Rockhold pummeled Weidman, I thought Rockhold would be champ for a while.

But his chin is shot. He's been TKO'd in 3 fights since winning the belt. Your chin doesn't get better over time. And he's worn out his tread on it, on top of leaving it too exposed with his technique.

Luke got 2 huge problems.
-His chin+defense is not good enough.(if one is not good enough the other can compensate)
-His game doesn't work that well together. -Good top game but very weak takedowns
-Gas tank not good enough to grapple and fish for Td over 5/3 rounds
- His preferred range is kicking range yet he doesn't have a good way to maintain it.
- He can't chain TD because he's not geared to be comfortable in boxing/clinching range or jab range(gsp style)
-Same with kicks he can't chain them well like a Aldo or Whittaker

Yeah for whatever reason I am a Luke Rockhold fan. I think I missed out a lot of his cringe comments over the years and so I just really liked his offensive minded style. As it's gone on he just confuses me more by not even trying for takedowns as he is so good in top control, and his lack of defense from getting punched in the face is staggering...to him in real life... and to me on the internet.

Believe he can go on another title run in 185 or 205? No. Would I be glad to be proven wrong? Yes.

A great grappler but his striking has major holes and his offensive wrestling game simply isn’t developed enough to get the fight where he needs it to be.

I never did, I thought he was a mediocre champion who got the belt by beating another mediocre champion in Chris Weidman. I never though he had elite p4p potential like some did. And at this point he's just regressed as a fighter

Former Strikeforce champ, UFC champ. Defeated prime Jacare.

Only lost to Belfort, Romero and Bisping at MW. First one on TRT, second one over the weight limit + suspicious..

I don't understand how he thought he could make it at LHW against Jan, but he might have a tiny shot at MW.

If he's not stupid enough to stand and bang against Costa, Whittaker, or Adesanya, his grappling can do good things.

Can he have a second wind or is he completely done ?
Getting those 3 down to the ground is especially difficult. Whittaker in particular is impossible to hold down and would end his career.

He's a great athlete and has all of the technical ability. He has a big ego though, a bad chin and poor defense. He carries himself like Uber Reem when he's fighting and acts the other guy shouldn't be in the ring with him. It ends up getting him in trouble and getting caught.

If he fought smart and humble, he could probably still be a gate keeper if he wanted to be.

Back