Do you still believe in Luke Rockhold ?

Like, that he’s a real thing? That he exists? Yes I believe in him.

Now we are going to debate the difference between a KO and a TKO? Because one requires a single finishing strike and the other can be a whole variety of cumulative strikes (GNP for example).

A fighter beating a guy that absolutely no expected him to beat is a fluke. Just like Serra - GSP. It was even worse in this case because Rockhold already fought Bisping prior and brutally finished him. Plus it was short notice for Bisping as Weidman injured himself 10 days prior to the fight.

Rockhold was a -750 betting favorite going into that fight.

Are you really going to pretend anyone anywhere thought Bisping had even the most remote chance of winning?

What I'm saying is that a fluke, as you put it, would be like Dana selecting a drunken bum from the crowd who somehow knocks out the middleweight champion. A world class fighter who has been at the top for years does not meet my criteria for this dismissive term.

Fuck yeah, especially at RVCA tightening up that boxing defense. Good on Luke for checking his ego.

I'd love to see him compete at least one more time to see if his time away has let him get his ego a bit in check to realize he needs to work on keeping his hands up and protecting his chin. It may not have helped, but at his best he was a very special talent. So i'd like to see if he can recapture some of that again because he was a treat to watch at his best.

I actually think he can do well against Izzy. Not saying Luke would win, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But Robert would KO Luke stiff.

Luke Rockhold has the personality of a dung beetle.

What I'm saying is that a fluke, as you put it, would be like Dana selecting a drunken bum from the crowd who somehow knocks out the middleweight champion. A world class fighter who has been at the top for years does not meet my criteria for this dismissive term.

? considering most of the MMA media at the time called the win a massive upset and had given Bisping zero chance. He was ranked 7th (or 8th can't recall) at the time and that was being generous given he was almost murdered against Silva and had 2 forgettable decision wins against barely top 15 guys prior.

The term isn't dismissive if its accurate.

9z5SNxi.jpg

TsNDqPz.jpg

JDJtnhI.jpg

SsXvvGW.jpg

3DYTFWE.jpg

Perhaps you should have read his prior comments.

And frankly it was a fluke for a variety of reasons. First off, Bisping was a massive underdog given Luke absolutely thrashed him in their prior bout. He also took the fight on incredibly short notice. Him winning was not on anyone's radar. "an unlikely chance occurrence" hence a fluke....

More importantly. Bisping has never been known for KO power. In fact, he has zero finishes by strikes over top 10 opponents in the UFC other than Rockhold. ie good at beating scrubs but invariably losing to top guys or at best decisioning them. (Cung le might have been fringe top 10 when he lost to Bisping, can't recall).

I don't really have any clue what you are talking about in your comment. A retort would be more in line with challenging what you said but considering I don't understand it, there is no point.

I'll reiterate because you took the time to defend the idiot's position. I pointed out that Bisping's finish of Rockhold was a fluke. He posted gifs of other guys finishing Rockhold. Given I never indicated in any way, shape or form that any of the other finishes against Rockhold were "flukes" I don't know why he took the time to search for gifs but couldn't be bothered to read my comments. They were completely irrelevant.

Regarding (in your words, not paraphrasing here) "Bisping's best punch", given its his only KO finish in 29 UFC appearances, I wouldn't say there is anything "Best" about it.

Anyhow, please feel free to provide a suitably scathing response. I wait with baited breath...

Gee, I could have sworn I knew what "fluke" meant...

k25tWIe.jpg

You don't know what the word 'fluke' means.

A trained fighter deliberately throwing a punch that he intends to land and cause a ko, landing and causing a ko, is not a fluke

The punch was aimed and thrown and did what it's intended purpose was to do. Not a fluke... but as you stated, you can't understand that.

Yes the left hook is one of Bisping's best punches. Not sure how you have a hard time understanding that..... but you stated you can't understand it.

Also... you actually argued that it was Bisping being knocked out in those gifs and you used that to support your argument that the gifs are not relevant. The gifs show that Rockhold is very susceptible to left hooks, and gets hurt by left hooks very often, meaning it's clearly not a chance occurrence and therefor NOT a fluke.... but as you stated, you can't understand that...

Save your smug attitude and your 'baited breath', you simply aren't very bright.

Once you've been knocked out that many times there's no coming back from it. Besides he's already 36 going on to 37 soon.

His mistake like weidman was trying to face the top of the division when they clearly both needed a warm-up fight

Luke was so promising but we'v written him off. These long pauses though, they make us believe people can change for better.
But if Anderson could do it at 46, so can Luke, he is still young. If he fights smart, he can become a champ even with his glass jaw and confidence issues.
Halabeeb and DC need to traing this guy personally 6/6/4/12 for 2 years, he can still do it. The division is in ruins. Almost empty.

No. He should just stick with being a Chad and banging hos.

i want to, as one of the few big rockhold fans he just makes it extremely hard lmao.

dont think he’ll ever fix the defense/cockiness issue if he hasnt by now, he needs to learn to get these fights to the ground ASAP or stay at kicking range because his kicks are amazing and his ground game is fucking terrifying.
He has mentioned working a lot on his defense lately I believe he can fix it. It's not like he has a bad chin after all he only got Koed by Polish Power Romero and TRTitor in the UFC. Bisping was a funny one but accuracy and volume will get anyone.

He has poor takedowns for a guy with a wrestling background, so he doesn't get to show the elite top game as much as needed. And shaky defense on the feet, so the kickboxing approach isn't safe.

Same weaknesses as in his prime. But now he's older. And had other interests. Short window.

I believe in Luke. Being a successful male model, that is. I'm not sure he believes in himself as a fighter, any more.

He has zero instincts when staggered. He just freezes, arms down. Hugely talented, but he went away from his bread and butter - controlling distance and protecting that chin with kicks. And that particular flaw of freezing when hit is kind of a disqualifying one, in terms of staying among the elite.

WTF? I'd expect nothing less from such a newbie join date.

The sound wave from the bell ringing may knock him out cold

Back