Do you still believe in Luke Rockhold ?

Rockhold had the potential to be an absolute great. His weakness was boxing and his hands as well as striking defence. I don’t actually think he had a bad chin. All his KOs were the follow up shots that put him out and the ones that put him down would probably instantly ko 90% of the roster.

If he works on that I still don’t think many mw could handle him on top.

Entertainment wise I want to see him back. He’s a good ground finisher and there’s potential to see him on the receiving end of KO of the year.

I'm struggling to find a point in virtually anything you have posted.

I pointed out Bisping's KO over Rockhold was a fluke perfect shot. You responded by posting gifs of Jan and Romero finishing Bisping by strikes. Relevance? no fucking clue

I pointed that you to you and then you point out that Bisping has more KO finishes than Rockhold in the UFC. Considering one guy is primarily a striker and the other a ground fighter, that's a pretty shocking revelation on your part.

If you bothered to take the time to read the posts you comment on, you probably wouldn't come off as such an idiot. Just a thought.

And actually Rockhold does have a KO finish in the UFC... btw.

Bisping's ko of Rockhold was not a fluke.

A trained fighter, throwing a punch that he practices regularly (it is actually one of his best punches) and knocking out a fighter who has a well-known tendency to keep his hands low exposing himself to counter punches, is not a fluke.

It's been demonstrated that Rockhold is susceptible to that same left hook - M.U.S.C.L.E. even provided multiple gifs of ROCKHOLD being ko'd by left hooks (no idea why you think that's Bisping in those gifs)

RECAP: Attacking people's reading comprehension while demonstrating that you don't know what the word 'fluke' means, mouthing off like a smart-ass and insulting people makes you come off as an idiot. Just a thought. I look forward to your retort.

Former Strikeforce champ, UFC champ. Defeated prime Jacare.

Only lost to Belfort, Romero and Bisping at MW. First one on TRT, second one over the weight limit + suspicious..

I don't understand how he thought he could make it at LHW against Jan, but he might have a tiny shot at MW.

If he's not stupid enough to stand and bang against Costa, Whittaker, or Adesanya, his grappling can do good things.

Can he have a second wind or is he completely done ?
I think he's done

Former Strikeforce champ, UFC champ. Defeated prime Jacare.

Only lost to Belfort, Romero and Bisping at MW. First one on TRT, second one over the weight limit + suspicious..

I don't understand how he thought he could make it at LHW against Jan, but he might have a tiny shot at MW.

If he's not stupid enough to stand and bang against Costa, Whittaker, or Adesanya, his grappling can do good things.

Can he have a second wind or is he completely done ?
I believe in Luke. Being a successful male model, that is. I'm not sure he believes in himself as a fighter, any more.

He has zero instincts when staggered. He just freezes, arms down. Hugely talented, but he went away from his bread and butter - controlling distance and protecting that chin with kicks. And that particular flaw of freezing when hit is kind of a disqualifying one, in terms of staying among the elite.

He’s too hittable and has a weak chin. Thats not a good combo.

Bisping's ko of Rockhold was not a fluke.

A trained fighter, throwing a punch that he practices regularly (it is actually one of his best punches) and knocking out a fighter who has a well-known tendency to keep his hands low exposing himself to counter punches, is not a fluke.

It's been demonstrated that Rockhold is susceptible to that same left hook - M.U.S.C.L.E. even provided multiple gifs of ROCKHOLD being ko'd by left hooks (no idea why you think that's Bisping in those gifs)

RECAP: Attacking people's reading comprehension while demonstrating that you don't know what the word 'fluke' means, mouthing off like a smart-ass and insulting people makes you come off as an idiot. Just a thought. I look forward to your retort.

Perhaps you should have read his prior comments.

And frankly it was a fluke for a variety of reasons. First off, Bisping was a massive underdog given Luke absolutely thrashed him in their prior bout. He also took the fight on incredibly short notice. Him winning was not on anyone's radar. "an unlikely chance occurrence" hence a fluke....

More importantly. Bisping has never been known for KO power. In fact, he has zero finishes by strikes over top 10 opponents in the UFC other than Rockhold. ie good at beating scrubs but invariably losing to top guys or at best decisioning them. (Cung le might have been fringe top 10 when he lost to Bisping, can't recall).

I don't really have any clue what you are talking about in your comment. A retort would be more in line with challenging what you said but considering I don't understand it, there is no point.

I'll reiterate because you took the time to defend the idiot's position. I pointed out that Bisping's finish of Rockhold was a fluke. He posted gifs of other guys finishing Rockhold. Given I never indicated in any way, shape or form that any of the other finishes against Rockhold were "flukes" I don't know why he took the time to search for gifs but couldn't be bothered to read my comments. They were completely irrelevant.

Regarding (in your words, not paraphrasing here) "Bisping's best punch", given its his only KO finish in 29 UFC appearances, I wouldn't say there is anything "Best" about it.

Anyhow, please feel free to provide a suitably scathing response. I wait with baited breath...

Gee, I could have sworn I knew what "fluke" meant...

k25tWIe.jpg

Give him a grappler!! Hermansson works.

Been saying this for a long time. The idea of watching grappling exchanges between the Joker and Rockhold is just... goddamn. Inject that fight directly into my veins.

Regarding (in your words, not paraphrasing here) "Bisping's best punch", given its his only KO finish in 29 UFC appearances, I wouldn't say there is anything "Best" about it.

He has 9 finishes via strikes in his UFC career. Can't imagine how you feel correct in declaring a long time successful professional fighter's victory over another to be a fluke. A fluke is something that would never happen again under the same circumstances.

Been saying this for a long time. The idea of watching grappling exchanges between the Joker and Rockhold is just... goddamn. Inject that fight directly into my veins.

Seems that fights such as that very rarely turn into displays of grappling wizardry. Either they don't engage on the mat, or one guy turns out to be far more effective than the other.

One that comes to mind was Sakuraba vs Newton, though many people claimed it was a "work." Or Hughes vs Gracie. LOL!

I think he should stick to sport grappling and being handsome. Good luck to him if he wants to fight top guys in mma.

I believe in Luke. Being a successful male model, that is. I'm not sure he believes in himself as a fighter, any more.

He has zero instincts when staggered. He just freezes, arms down. Hugely talented, but he went away from his bread and butter - controlling distance and protecting that chin with kicks. And that particular flaw of freezing when hit is kind of a disqualifying one, in terms of staying among the elite.
I’ve seen Chris freeze like that too

I believe I will be entertained if he steps into the cage.

Seems that fights such as that very rarely turn into displays of grappling wizardry. Either they don't engage on the mat, or one guy turns out to be far more effective than the other.

One that comes to mind was Sakuraba vs Newton, though many people claimed it was a "work." Or Hughes vs Gracie. LOL!

That's absolutely true, but there are exceptions that tend to be well worth the price of admittance.

I even made a thread about it where people were kind enough to supply me with loads of examples: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/good-grappler-vs-grappler-fights.4176825/

He has 9 finishes via strikes in his UFC career. Can't imagine how you feel correct in declaring a long time successful professional fighter's victory over another to be a fluke. A fluke is something that would never happen again under the same circumstances.

Now we are going to debate the difference between a KO and a TKO? Because one requires a single finishing strike and the other can be a whole variety of cumulative strikes (GNP for example).

A fighter beating a guy that absolutely no expected him to beat is a fluke. Just like Serra - GSP. It was even worse in this case because Rockhold already fought Bisping prior and brutally finished him. Plus it was short notice for Bisping as Weidman injured himself 10 days prior to the fight.

Rockhold was a -750 betting favorite going into that fight.

Are you really going to pretend anyone anywhere thought Bisping had even the most remote chance of winning?

In will ALWAYS believe in Rockhole to give me belly laughs when he gets KTFO. :)

Back