Do you know any compulsive liars?

I've been in a relationship with a compulsive liar.

She would lie about the most insignificant shit just to tell me what she thought I wanted to hear. It was fucked.

The weirdest thing about that type of person is that they'll feel legitimately affronted if you don't believe them.

I have. I fucking hate liars. There's almost nothing worse than being around a piece of shit who does nothing but lie about everything.

Best advie: Cut them out of your life.

Are you sure she meant family? Or like yno... brothers?

And on that note are you sure she meant Lysol the cleaner, or Lysol?

$(KGrHqNHJC8E8fZ1QMlFBPJnsHDP)Q~~60_35.JPG

She claimed her family adopted three brothers. When we asked where they were she would say work. When we asked why there were no pictures of them in the house she said the brothers all got a place together and took them.

Later on one jumped off of a barn onto a cow thus putting him in a body cast. I guess the father and the two other brothers took him out on a sled behind a snowmobile and did doughnuts with him

She honestly expected us to believe that.

Also I'm not even sure if Peyton is screwing with us or is telling the truth. This thread is dangerous man

I had a good friend who did this. We knew it. He knew it. He knew we knew it. It bothered him that he did it and he didn't know why he did. He was well liked and was an otherwise very good friend.
Sometimes though we messed with him. Someone would tell an obvious lie or exaggeration just to watch him top it.
I miss that dude.

Yes. He's in sales. lol He used to go out with this girl and got her pregnant. They had the kid, and she ended up calling the cops on him and got him arrested. A mutual friend asked why he told girl he loved her when he didn't, and his reply was "because that's what she wants to hear."

Public service announcement: Don't mess with the lady's emotions. They don't get mad, they get even.

I know a chick who does this. Lies about everything for no reason, even the most insignificant shit that doesn't matter at all...I really have no idea why she does it but I find it hilarious.

I normally wouldn't talk to someone who does that, but I find it really funny to catch her in her ridiculous lies....and.... she's got massive tits, is half Columbian and gives a really, really good blowjob.

Of course a liar is going to hate it when he/she is called out. My ex is as big of a liar i have ever met in my life.

Then you get the 1-up'ers. That have to included, and done something just as good, or better.

Lying is just sad, and pathetic. I would rather piss off people with honesty than lie to them.

Then you get the 1-up'ers. That have to included, and done something just as good, or better.

It's a fine line though. Sometimes people are genuinely trying to share a similar experience without taking away from your story. It's pretty obvious when someone is being a shit and trying to butt in though....And that's just obnoxious.

It's a fine line though. Sometimes people are genuinely trying to share a similar experience without taking away from your story. It's pretty obvious when someone is being a shit and trying to butt in though....And that's just obnoxious.

I will give you that. I know a couple people that it doesn't matter the person, or the story. Been there done that. They don't even have to know the people. It annoys the shit out of me.

Yeah there's a guy in my group who has to say something about everything. I just ignore him but there is another guy who would call him out.

These 2 guys would then have heated arguments.
Nowadays we just roll our eyes at him and move on.

He's a good helpful guy actually and he doesn't say anything malicious.

Yes. He's in sales. lol He used to go out with this girl and got her pregnant. They had the kid, and she ended up calling the cops on him and got him arrested. A mutual friend asked why he told girl he loved her when he didn't, and his reply was "because that's what she wants to hear."

Public service announcement: Don't mess with the lady's emotions. They don't get mad, they get even.
She called the cops on him because he said he loved her, even though he didn't?

I have two friends who are still in closet, one of them deal with it by not saying anything about his sex life, the other lies about a long distance girlfriend abroad. The ironic thing is that the one that lies, just about everyone in our circle of friends knows is gay.

This person convinced her husband to give me a very expensive and elaborate gift. I initially refused because it was way over the top. She convinced me that her husband was literally crying because I would not accept his gift. I accepted the gift. About two years later she and her husband sued me for failing to repay the money used by them to buy the gift. It turns out that she had written the check and he didn't care one way or the other (however he picked out the gift.)

I met with him and we ironed things out, and he felt bad about the entire stunt. She learned that we had talked and called the local police to have them warn me not to have contact with him. I agreed. I have a professional license and practice and don't need to be unjustly arrested. However, in the process of this entire mess I had managed to record them, as suggested by the police, admitting that the lawsuit was a lie.

My lawyer played the tape for their lawyer before a court mediation hearing. Their lawyer said that that ended the case there was absolutely no doubt to the truth (there was no fact supporting their contention, no documents, multiple witnesses that they had told about the elaborate gift that they had purchased for me, etc.) Their lawyer played the tape for them privately in a conference room. They still insisted on continuing the case. Eventually, two years later, the week before trial, they admitted in writing that the gift was a gift and that there had never been a loan. In the intervening two years they had continued an expensive court case that they hoped would bankrupt me.

My compulsive liar sometimes didn't have to lie because her manipulation skills were so finely tuned. She wanted to marry her best friend's husband. They were having an affair but he wouldn't leave his wife and three kids. Meanwhile she encouraged and prodded her friend to have an affair. She even arranged to rent a room at a local motel to facilitate the cheating. Then she told her friend's husband that his wife was having an affair and meeting at the motel. She gave him the time when they would be there and he drove by a saw his wife's car and the other guy's truck at the motel. A couple of weeks later they were in divorce court. Both cheating couples were married about one year later.

My compulsive liar is a serial exaggerator. Once she came by my house to tell me that her husband had cut his thumb off and that he was on his way to the hospital and that I should drive to the hospital. Knowing that she is a massive liar, I asked repeatedly if his thumb had actually been detached. She said yes multiple times before allowing that maybe his thumb was hanging by the skin. When I reached the hospital, waited a few minutes, and then I saw her husband. He had between 4 and 7 stitches (I can't remember which) and had a superficial cut.

My young son and I did get the enjoyment of being able to mock her about this tremendous exaggeration for years. When I saw a movie, I would say that I liked the movie and would give it two thumbs up but I was missing a thumb (I would fold my thumb down.) I would jokingly say that my car broke down and that I couldn't hitchhike because I didn't have a thumb, and a few others.

Her husband was the youngest of 14 kids. When he died, one brother was remaining alive, she had broken contact with every family member of his including his three kids and grandchildren. When she ended my relationship with her husband she told me, "I finally did it. It took me 20 years of trying." She openly said that she had never loved anyone her entire life including her parents and brother. Since her brother died in a freak accident in the 1970's she has implied to at least two people that she killed her brother. Someone familiar with the accident scene told me that he doubted that, though he knew how much she hated her brother and told me to keep my daughter away from her because she hated my daughter and accidents do happen (my daughter was 7.)

Back