Do you know any compulsive liars?

I never got to experience the Jmac pandemonium, unfortunately.

Though the stories paint a vivid picture.

Talk about digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Not the beloved Jmac98, of course....the pretender Jmac, right? RIGHT?

I had a "friend" that I no longer keep in contact with.
This fucking guy... lied about every single thing about himself to the point that none of us (his "Friends") knew who he really was.
He was 34 years old, a "doctor", lived in "New York", bangs all the hottest women, and plays guitar.

All of that is a bunch of bullshit. The guy lives in Connecticut, lives with his parents, can't get out at night before 10pm (has to sneak out), has NEVER picked up a girl around any witnesses, and doesn't have a real job.

First day I met the guy, he came over to my apartment and looks at my guitars. He says, "You play? Do you know the how to play the C minor scale?"
He kept going on about how he knows this scale and this chord.. I got tired of his boasting and asked him to pick it up and play something. My buddy, who known him for years, went along with it and was like "Come on man, play us something!", knowing he was full of shit.

His exact quote, "I only know how to play acoustic guitar."
Any guitar player knows that's a load of BS, so I called him out and said, "It's the same thing, just play us something."

He picked it up and "played"
It was one of those awkward moments where someone was caught bullshitting, then continues their bullshit like they never got caught. I've heard people with an hour worth of practice play better. After that I knew this guy was full of shit.

His continuous lies would always be about how he hooked up with this hot girl at some club/bar. We always ask about the details, like what he said, where he fucked her, what did they do. He lives at home with his parents and has to sneak out.. When ever we are with him at a bar/club he NEVER talks to girls. When he does it's to cockblock or white knight.

Needless to say, I cut that fucker out of my contacts.

Last edited:
I knew a thousand compulsive liars but they all died on 9/11

I mean they fell into a volcano

what? you got me. tell me more, what did I miss?

I met two. I'll go into detail when I get on my PC. They are hilarious. Fucking involves dating models to escaping police chases.

My brother. It's fucked up but he has other mental issues like depression an can't get his life together.

what? you got me. tell me more, what did I miss?

Compulsive liar who lied pretty extravagantly who got besmirched and outed as a giant liar if I recall correctly.

Legendary, or rather infamous.

oh I was reffing the dude who said he would bang 7 times a night.

but yeah jmac. him too. he hates Canadians.

Another lie this guy I knew made up:
We were talking about gaming PCs and he starts going off on his "super laptop"
It's got dual GPU's and swappable video cards made by HP. He went off on his specs stating the top of the line hardware that I'm sure he read somewhere off the internet.
I work in the Tech field and know my shit well. Once he started spouting off I started to question him, like where he got it, how much he paid for it, what graphics card does it have?

He couldn't answer any of those questions straight so I did a search on HP and found no such laptop exists. He continued to lie and went, "oh yeah its actually a Geforce 760 and not a 780"
Which I replied, "They still don't make a laptop with that GPU."
He got all mad and said "I don't care, I know what I have. I'm done talking about this."

One things for sure, they'll never own up to their bullshit even when caught.

There was a security guard at my last job who was completely full of shit, the guy was in his early 60's, maybe 5'9 and at least 400 lbs. Among the highlights:

1. Was on the way home from work one night and stopped to help 2 hot college girls change a flat tire, they thanked him with a threesome

2. Shot an elk while hunting, carried it several miles back to camp on his shoulders

3. Benched 450 in high school, yet somehow was still only the third strongest guy in his class

4. Scouts came to one of his high school baseball games, he hit a bomb to center field that was still on its way up when it hit a light post 450 feet away

5. He was chasing a guy down the stairwell and taking steps 4 at a time, he was catching up to the guy before blowing out his knee. I saw this guy walk up 5 or 6 steps behind our building once, he hugged the handrail the entire way, took the steps one at a time, and was sweating profusely when he reached the top

As much as I wanted to call this guy out I never did, apparently he had two kids who were both handicapped - I guess his lies were some sort of coping mechanism or way to escape

I had a "friend" that I no longer keep in contact with.

[...]

When ever we are with him at a bar/club he NEVER talks to girls. When he does it's to cockblock or white knight.

Needless to say, I cut that fucker out of my contacts.

Seems like a great guy to hang out with /endsarcasm

I used to work with a guy that used to say that he was an awesome football player and that he regularly trained with a local team, we were really impressed with that, until we saw him play in an office game... He didn't even know how to properly run, lol, and he was the first pick.

Worst draft ever

I my older brother is a pathological liar, but nothing over the top insane like anything in the OP, though I have known two guys like that in the past.

The first was a guy I worked with at Home Depot in the summer of 2006. This guy claimed to be the MFC middle weight champion (not sure why he would claim that, because it was super easy to check and verify that he wasn't even a fighter, hell he wasn't even a middle weight, this guy's walk around weight was like 160 lbs. ffs) among other outlandish tales, all completely crazy. This guy was fucked in the head.

The second was a guy who was in first year law school with me. I say first year only because he inexplicably dropped out during the summer between 1L and 2L. This guy was always talking about bizarre shit that I am certain were lies, like that he owned a school somewhere in rural China (wtf??). About 3 or 4 years after dropping out of law school he ran for a seat in Alberta's provincial legislature as a Wildrose party candidate, but lost in the election in 2012. Oddly enough, he had started going by a different name than what he used in law school. In law school he went by "Travis", but since dropping out he goes as "Don". Last I heard he became a professional lobbyist. About 8 months ago I heard him on a local radio station advocating on behalf of hookah bars that the provincial government was threatening to shut down.

This is a picture of him when he was running for election:
don_martin.jpg

If you do, do you think they believe the lies they tell people. I know two guys who make things up, absurd stories about who they know, what they did, how much money they have, etc.

Do you know anybody like this?

We're not talking about exaggerations here, but blatantly false lies told with what comes across as the utmost sincerity. I wonder if these people actually believe their lies, or if they're telling them just as a joke, without ever acknowledging that what they're saying is complete bullshit.

Some examples of these types of lies would be..."I just bought a 5 million dollar home in Aspen"...."I'm being considered for the starring role in a new Speilberg film"...."I'm partnering with Bill Gates to buy the Houston Rockets."

What do you make of these people if you know any.

I figure the ones who are good at it, you don't know they are liars.

Lat Flare :(

... & I was only trying to help.

A guy I know from college claimed he was from the "streets of the bay area". He and his posse ran the school. That's funny,his mom put him on blast to my friends and they told me that he was homeschooled all through high school. Furthermore, he thought he could whoop my ass. I told him my bench press at the time and he "claimed" he did 100 lbs more. This cat was boney and weighed a buck fifteen. He said he'd fight my cousin. She's a big girl at 250, good luck with that.

I've read pathological liars have differently wired brains than most of us. Reading some of the examples in this thread, I can't help but think these people have something wrong with them. You're a dick if you lie for some kind of gain, but some these lies seem like habits, void of any logical purpose.

I work with one.

This **** has done everything.
Mountain climbing
spere fishing
marathon running
motor racing champ
semi pro soccer player
played in numerous bands
worked on farms
been the CEO of big companies
travelled the world
had 100's of 10 women
has the most awesome son in the world that can do everything
Anything you've done hes done it but better

You know, one of them people.

Oh yeah, and they make me question humanity. Radiolab or This american life did a great story on this lady who was a crazy compulsive liar and had scammed a buncha people. Great listen for anyone who wants to go deeper into the subject.

I know two guys. One of them I've known since I was about 14, I hadn't seem him for bout 2 years and the guy all of a sudden joins us for drinks and starts spouting out blatent crap. He basically got stabbed in the hand in a street fight years ago and we got into the conversation of it. One minute he says he commited manslaughter by killing the guy...then when we showed our shock he said the guy was in jail :s then later he proceeded in saying he hated MMA and was planning to do judo and TKD in the olympics...30 mins later he said he loved MMA and was competing :s

my other friend claimed he found a lump on his testicles and as he was a known bullshitter, I decided after my uncle died of cancer that I wouldn't buy into his crap, I asked my mum what were the procedures for testing. I waited for him to mention his test and I asked him what it consisted of - the guy was stopped right in his tracks, wide eyed like a deer in headlights and never mentioned it again

I knew one back in high-school, nothing over the top like some in this thread. Most of them were to get out of exams or free passes for ISUs/major projects.

I remember when he pretty much begged the English teacher to give him a pass on the course if he passed his ISU (guy failed the same class 4 times in a row). The teacher felt bad and agreed to the conundrum.
The day to hand it in, and to our surprise... he didn't do it. His excuse was that on his way to school he was robbed by a duo of athletic and explosive gentlemen and was held up at knife point, his escape was that he took out his keys and scratched the guy's eye with it and he ran after that.

Another one, was that when he skipped his exam, the reason was that right before entering the school, the door smashed his finger and he had to return home to get ice (lived 1h away by subway). When he was explaining it, his fingers all looked fine

I've read pathological liars have differently wired brains than most of us. Reading some of the examples in this thread, I can't help but think these people have something wrong with them. You're a dick if you lie for some kind of gain, but some these lies seem like habits, void of any logical purpose.

A bunch of them are also the ones who try to 1-up in everything. I don't know how they even follow through with this, everyone would know they're bs-ing

Back