Do you know any compulsive liars?

Yes. I have a friend who makes shit up a lot of times and I've called him out on it many times. This one blatant example was he kept telling me he called some rental place when I knew that he didn't. Eventually it got on my nerves so much that he kept saying he did that I told him to show me on his phone the recent call and the number on there. He kept refusing and I kept saying if he really did call the place, he can just show me the number and I'll look like a big asshole instead of him being a liar.

He also makes up stories that obviously conflict with each other. I've known the guy for a long time so I know why he makes shit up and often know when he's doing it. At this point I very rarely call him out on his bullshit, a combination of me maturing a bit and also because I'm used to it by now. The reason he does it imo is to get people to like him and also because he avoids any confrontation at all costs.

A college classmate of mine. He lies that he's the top of the class and a varsity. None was true.

And the bastard got married to a doctor. Doesn't work. But keeps telling people he handles the money of the military.

Dude never studied just copied at school exams, never had a real job. But this tool is living the life because wife is a doctor

When a family member died, the liar was left out of the will. However as the only surviving child only a few people knew that the will existed. She destroyed the will but knew that the lawyer had a copy in the file. In the ten years since the will had been written the lawyer, who worked as a one lawyer office with his wife as a secretary, died of a heart attack. The wife sold the remains of his practice to another law firm. The copy of the will was in storage in banker boxes in the basement of an office building. The liar convinced the new law firm to allow her to look for the will and she found it and destroyed it.

Now there was no will remaining. She went to probate court and was appointed executor of the estate. The story gets better and has more twists than a suspense film. I can't tell the rest here for legal reasons.

One guy who I'm pretty close with used to lie about absolutely everything. It was dumb shit like how he was going to buy an Audi Q6 with his then gf. How he was going to buy another one of our friend's VW Scorroco off of him for

The liar received a large settlement upon the death of her mother. The liar and her husband told me that they were going to visit her mother for the last time at a nursing facility as they fully expected her to die before the end of the weekend. The mother died a few days later.

Months later, I learned that the liar was suing the nursing facility for negligent death. They had given her morphine to take her out without pain. This is common. The liar claimed that a nurse called her in the middle of the night and told her that her mother had died of neglect and errors by the staff. This all would be nice if the liar and her husband hadn't have told me that they expected the mother to die before the end of the weekend. Years later I learned that the nursing facility's insurance company had settled and paid her a large sum of money. She had used part of that money to buy me the gift that I mentioned in an earlier post.

My compulsive liar sometimes didn't have to lie because her manipulation skills were so finely tuned. She wanted to marry her best friend's husband. They were having an affair but he wouldn't leave his wife and three kids. Meanwhile she encouraged and prodded her friend to have an affair. She even arranged to rent a room at a local motel to facilitate the cheating. Then she told her friend's husband that his wife was having an affair and meeting at the motel. She gave him the time when they would be there and he drove by a saw his wife's car and the other guy's truck at the motel. A couple of weeks later they were in divorce court. Both cheating couples were married about one year later.

If I was cheating and found out my wife was as well I wouldn't be to mad.

I was one when I was a kid. Like my weekend safari in the Congo. I came to school with two small band aids on my neck and claimed I got scratched by a gorilla. A lot of people were gathering to hear my story. Only one person called me out and knew it was impossible for me to have gone to Africa and back over the weekend.

So I work with this guy. He's one of those guys who is always best friends with girls. He was living with his best friend who also works with us and another girl. So me and this guy wind up on a project together when he says his best friend deleted him on fb and when he texts her she only sends short replays back.

I say that's weird, so I text her hey how are you. She texts back and seems really happy to talk. So I ask the dude what happened. He tells me that before we left, him her and her BF had a threesome. So I think makes sense they got drunk and now she regrets what happened and feels awkward talking to him.

Turns out he had been stealing both roommates sex toys and lied about the threesome.

I was one when I was a kid. Like my weekend safari in the Congo. I came to school with two small band aids on my neck and claimed I got scratched by a gorilla. A lot of people were gathering to hear my story. Only one person called me out and knew it was impossible for me to have gone to Africa and back over the weekend.

What made you stop, maturing I guess.

When I first arrived here in China. My 'co-worker' was another Brit, who was in the process of being fired (long and drawn out) for basically lying his way into a job and continuing to weave a web of lies even when caught out.

I spent 3 days with the prick, sharing a motel room. Easily the closest thing to a sociopath I've ever encountered. Compulsive liar, even forgetting what lies he had told, big ego, believed his own lies, you could tell this guy thought he was a master manipulator but he was bad at it - he was transparent, you could see the prick coming a mile off.

Most sociopaths are charming, this guy was the complete opposite, so it was failing miserably for him. I think every person he came across disliked him immediately, he just had this horrible, arsey, obnoxious vibe. His lies caught up with him quickly, and he was fired about 2 weeks after I arrived.

He tried keeping in touch, but I didn't respond in kind...although, he intrigued me so much I've kept tabs on him on Facebook now and again...seemingly, he's been fired another two times as he works his way down through China. Fuck knows where he'll end up next.

He was also a thief. A straight-up thief. Prick of a bloke.

She called the cops on him because he said he loved her, even though he didn't?

Reread my post and it is pretty unclear. Wrote that when I was dead tired.

They ended up moving in together after they had the kid. They hit each other when they had arguments. He called cops on her first (lol). He slapped her around so she called cops on him and told them he was a meth dealer. So I say again, care gents, girls don't get mad, they get even. And please don't call the cops on your baby mama.

I used to work with a guy who constantly lied. about the dumbest shit too. youd tell him you sexed the wife the night before and hed say something like "I did too. I had sex with mine seven times though. that's like the 4th night in a row." you mean to tell me that you've had sex with your wife 7 times a night for 4 nights in a row? me-"no you didn't." him-"I swear to god. I counted. 7 times each night." me-"youre full of shit." him-"nope. may god strike me dead."

*runs away from the area hes standing in.

Oh, yes. I know a guy who'd rather climb the tallest tree around and tell you a lie than stand on the ground and tell you the truth. The truth just ain't in him. He has made up so many outrageous lies over the course of his life that I just can't stand to be around him anymore. I have actually hidden behind my wife's car at a gas station before to avoid talking to him.

Yes, quite a few.

Often times their lies are easy to spot, ranging from downright pitiful to somewhat comical.

Yes, quite a few.

Often times their lies are easy to spot, ranging from downright pitiful to somewhat comical.

like old bangy mcsmokeyloins I posted about up top...

I never got to experience the Jmac pandemonium, unfortunately.

Though the stories paint a vivid picture.

Talk about digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Back