Do you know any compulsive liars?

My buddies neighbor is a compulsive liar, and unfortunately for him, my buddy is one of those guys that will call him on it every single time. So if your curious what happens when a person gets called on their lies:

The guy will lie about big stuff that is impossible to refute (when I was in Afghanistan I had a gun fight with over 100 Taliban by myself and won). So what can you say other than "I don't believe you?" But every time he lies about something that can be immediately tested, my buddy calls him on it. So the other day they are each smoking a cigarette out front and when the guy claims he can and regularly does, of all things, pop - a - wheelie on a bike and ride it like that all the way around the block. My buddy walks into his garage and pulls out his bike and hands it to him and says, "I'll give you 100 bucks if you pop - a - wheelie and ride it to that mailbox (approximately 50 feet away). The guy just goes silent and starts to get red. "Should be an easy $50 bucks for a guy that rides it like that around the entire block." He gets more red and says, "Your being an A**hole." To which my friend responds, "How? According to you, I'm basically just saying here is free money because popping - a - wheelie to that mailbox should be pretty easy for you." The guy then turns around and storms inside his house and slams the door. He refuses to speak to my friend for several days even with polite greetings, then starts sending him angry text messages telling him that he is an a**hole. Finally one day he says "Hello" again and acts like none of it ever happened. When my friend brings it up again, he pretends as if he never made the claim to begin with.

Yup, knew a guy named Frank. Lied about chicks he banged, weed he bought etc. Fuckin makes me sick. Seen him after 2 or 3 years, he actually seen me in a Jersey Mikes, waited till I came out to basically ask to hang out sometime. Few days later I hit him up, some excuse grandma was sick. Called a few days later, some other pathetic excuse. Fuckin never hit him up again. Fucking weird people

My sister and my wife's friend will lie about things that don't even matter. For example, lying about going to Albertsons when she went to Smith's.

ive heard it all now.

a pot dealer wasn't truthful with his tales to the impressionable teens he was selling his drugs too?

what an asshole.

Nah, it was pretty well known that he was not right upstairs. He just happened to sell weed.

My friend is a huge compulsive liar. He told us his grandfather owned some huge company, and that he was worth over a trillion dollars, which would make him the richest person in history. When I asked him why everyone doesn't know this, he said his grandpa keeps a low profile

Lots of kids in grade/middle school.

One kid swore he was filthy rich and lived in mansion...turned out he lived in a trailor.

My buddies neighbor is a compulsive liar, and unfortunately for him, my buddy is one of those guys that will call him on it every single time. So if your curious what happens when a person gets called on their lies:

The guy will lie about big stuff that is impossible to refute (when I was in Afghanistan I had a gun fight with over 100 Taliban by myself and won). So what can you say other than "I don't believe you?" But every time he lies about something that can be immediately tested, my buddy calls him on it. So the other day they are each smoking a cigarette out front and when the guy claims he can and regularly does, of all things, pop - a - wheelie on a bike and ride it like that all the way around the block. My buddy walks into his garage and pulls out his bike and hands it to him and says, "I'll give you 100 bucks if you pop - a - wheelie and ride it to that mailbox (approximately 50 feet away). The guy just goes silent and starts to get red. "Should be an easy $50 bucks for a guy that rides it like that around the entire block." He gets more red and says, "Your being an A**hole." To which my friend responds, "How? According to you, I'm basically just saying here is free money because popping - a - wheelie to that mailbox should be pretty easy for you." The guy then turns around and storms inside his house and slams the door. He refuses to speak to my friend for several days even with polite greetings, then starts sending him angry text messages telling him that he is an a**hole. Finally one day he says "Hello" again and acts like none of it ever happened. When my friend brings it up again, he pretends as if he never made the claim to begin with.

First, that liar has atrocious grammar.

Second, I have found the most frustrating thing about my psychopath friend is that he will just flatly deny having said things about which we had whole conversations. That grates me and makes progress impossible, but then he claims I'm being crazy and imagined the conversation. When I start to tell him where we were and what was said and who was wearing what, he refuses to continue. Demands a change of subject or the conversation is over.

He's psychotic.

Back